๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Fall 2022 ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

Home

I read ch 4 of JJK0, finishing the volume! 0 was good, I liked it. Also, Yuuta punched Getou in the face this chapter, which was great. It wasnโ€™t as difficult as Iโ€™d thought it would be to stop myself from immediately picking up the novelization, and I spent the rest of the evening just reading in English.

I also took a peek at vol 1, and itโ€™s got normal-length chapters. Iโ€™m not used to reading manga with such long chapters, so it was kinda throwing me off with this (ๅ›ใซๅฑŠใ‘, too, for that matter), which may be why I only managed one chapter a day, even though I definitely went into it yesterday feeling like I could read both 3 and 4.

Some vocab of note:

ใ‚ใ‚ใ›ใ‚‹ [ไป–ไธ€] to put blade to blade; to fight. I can definitely see how this is related to โ€œto match,โ€ especially with the English phrase, โ€œto match blades.โ€
ๅŽš้ก” (ใ“ใ†ใŒใ‚“) [noun, ใช-adj.] impudence; audacity; shamelessness; effrontery. And here I learn that ๅŽš also means โ€œbrazen,โ€ not just โ€œthickโ€ and the like.

18 Likes

Iโ€™m about 80% done with ้ป„้‡‘ไปฎ้ข now, still chugging along right on track to finish out my books for the year :pray:

Wooo congrats! :tada:

18 Likes

Home Post

Day 37 Progress:
ใŠ้šฃใฎๅคฉไฝฟๆง˜ ๅ››ๅ†Š - 50.92% โ†’ 57.47%

Horrid day for reading. Stumbled over a lot of basic things I thought I knew, and also the book was just awful. Closest Iโ€™ve ever gotten to wanting to drop it, or at least take a break.

ๅ‘จใ‚ใพใญ telling ็œŸๆ˜ผใพใฒใ‚‹ that she shouldnโ€™t be exposing her damn legs because it might attract the inadvertent impassioned gazes of boys. And the fact that itโ€™s justified by every single boy apart from ๅ‘จ and his friends being some insane lusthound for ็œŸๆ˜ผ. What an awful trope that should have died 30 years ago.

Hopefully better and less painful reading session tomorrow.

Word of the Day: ็ซฏๆœซใŸใ‚“ใพใค - computer terminal or device like smartphone, tablet, etc. I like the idea of the Internet being vast and immense and your device is only accessing a tiny tip at the edge of it.

23 Likes

December 16 :maple_leaf: Home Post

Iโ€™ve made it through the semester, but I was still pretty busy with social things so just finished up the chapter of ใƒ–ใƒซใƒผใƒญใƒƒใ‚ฏ I was on. But now Iโ€™m free! :tada: and just in time for BU$TAFELLOWS to start, Iโ€™ll have to look into that :eyes:

20 Likes

:snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 16th :christmas_tree: :snowflake: (Home Post Link)

Read:

Good Words

NHK
้‡ใ€Œใ‚Šใ‚‡ใ†ใ€ใƒผ quantity, amount
็Ÿฅไบ‹ใ€Œใกใ˜ใ€ใƒผ governor
ใšใค ใƒผ apiece

ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค
็–ฒใ‚ŒใŸใ€Œใคใ‹ใ‚ŒใŸใ€ใƒผ worn-out (as opposed to sleepy)
่ทกๅ–ใ‚Šใ€Œใ‚ใจใจใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ heir, successor
ใ‚ฐใƒฌใ‚‹ ใƒผ to go off the rails, to stray from the right path
ใ„ใกใ˜ใ ใƒผ fig
ใ‚ถใ‚ฏใƒญ ใƒผ pomegranate
็”ท็ˆตใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ€ใƒผ baron (was this the same word they used in ่€ณใ‚’ใ™ใพใ›ใฐ? i seem to remember them just using ใƒใƒญใƒณ or something)

18 Likes

December 17th!

Today I finished Volume 9 of Teasing Master Takagi-san. As there are currently 18 volumes, that marks the half way point :slight_smile: Though Iโ€™m sure another volume or two will come out before I reach the end!

(Home Post)

19 Likes

Dec 17, Sat of Week 12 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

• ๅฒ่จ˜ (latter half of Ch.1)

Great Wall of China, and ้€†ใ‚‰ใ†่€….

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ (1 hour)

Yesterday was trickery, and now mask? Noble-acting, and masked guy speak difficult-to-understand all of sudden.

Not counting that the title of first of trilogy says there is a fake mask?

Interesting words
  • ใƒ„ใ‚ฑ = bill, payment. Kanji form is ไป˜(ใค)ใ‘.
  • ใŸใฆใคใ = to disobey. Kanji form is ็›พ็ช(ใŸใฆใค)ใ (piercing the shield).
  • ใฏใ„ใšใ‚‹ = to crawl. Kanji form is ้€™(ใฏ)ใ„ใšใ‚‹, probably crawl and graze (ๆ“ฆ(ใ™)ใ‚‹).
  • ใŠใŠใถใ‚ใ—ใ = large furoshiki; big talk. Kanji form is ๅคง้ขจๅ‘‚ๆ•ท(ใŠใŠใถใ‚ใ—ใ) = large (ๅคง(ใŠใŠ)ใใ„) + bath (้ขจๅ‘‚(ใตใ‚)) + spread (ๆ•ท(ใ—)ใ).
  • ใ‚Šใ“ใ† = smart. A Kanji form is ๅˆฉๅฃ(ใ‚Šใ“ใ†).
  • ใ‹ใŸใฉใ‚‹ = to model after. A Kanji is ่ฑก(ใ‹ใŸใฉ)ใ‚‹, and of course ๅฝข(ใ‹ใŸ)ๅ–(ใฉ)ใ‚‹.
  • ในใฃใดใ‚“ = beautiful woman. A Kanji version is indeed ๅˆฅๅ“(ในใฃใดใ‚“), that is, different level of good stuff. (Normally, ๅˆฅๅฌช(ในใฃใดใ‚“))
  • ใ—ใ‚ƒใฐ = this world. Kanji form is ๅจ‘ๅฉ†(ใ—ใ‚ƒใฐ).
  • ๆœช็ทด(ใฟใ‚Œใ‚“) = lingering. Also in ๆœช็ทดใŒใพใ—ใ„.
  • ๏ฝž้ขจๆƒ…(ใตใœใ„) = the likes of
  • ๆด่ญท(ใˆใ‚“ใ”) = backing; supporting
  • ๅฏ†้›†(ใฟใฃใ—ใ‚…ใ†) = clustering together (formation)
  • ้€้›ป(ใกใใงใ‚“) = running away
  • ็ ‚ไธ˜(ใ•ใใ‚…ใ†) = sand dune
  • ็ชๅฆ‚(ใจใคใ˜ใ‚‡) = suddenly. A phrase is ็ชๅฆ‚็•ฐๅค‰(ใจใคใ˜ใ‚‡ใ„ใธใ‚“)
  • ๅŽปๅ‹ข(ใใ‚‡ใ›ใ„) = castration; neutering
  • ๅฎฆๅฎ˜(ใ‹ใ‚“ใŒใ‚“) = eunuch. Employed in Chinese palaceโ€ฆ
  • ๅด่ฟ‘(ใใฃใใ‚“) = close aide
  • ๆ นๅŸŽ(ใญใ˜ใ‚) = stronghold
  • ๅทก่กŒ(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“ใ“ใ†) = patrol
  • ๅคงๅฑค(ใŸใ„ใใ†) = extremely
  • ็„ก้ ผ(ใถใ‚‰ใ„) = villainous
  • ่‡ญๆฐ—(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ) = stinking smelling; stench
  • ่ฆ‡็Ž‹(ใฏใŠใ†) = supreme ruler. Probably ๅˆถ่ฆ‡(ใ›ใ„ใฏ)ใฎ็Ž‹(ใŠใ†). Also the one from Shaman King.
  • ๅˆป้™(ใ“ใใ’ใ‚“) = appointed time
  • ๅ‡บๅœŸ(ใ—ใ‚…ใคใฉ) = archeological evacuation
  • ๅŸ‹่‘ฌ(ใพใ„ใใ†) = burial
  • ๆฎ‰ๆญป(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“ใ—) = dying with the master. First Kanji is of martyrdom.
  • ๆœดๅฟตไป(ใผใใญใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚“) = quiet unsociable person
  • ๆŠœๅ‰ฃ(ใฐใฃใ‘ใ‚“) = drawing oneโ€™s sword
  • ่…น่Šธ(ใฏใ‚‰ใ’ใ„) = force of personality
  • ๅ›ฎ(ใŠใจใ‚Š) = lure
  • ็ฒ—้‡Ž(ใใ‚„) = vulgar; rude
  • ๆ…‡ๆ‡ƒ(ใ„ใ‚“ใŽใ‚“) = courteous. Also, without Furigana.
  • ้‚่กŒ(ใ™ใ„ใ“ใ†) = execution; carrying out
  • ๅŒ็’ง(ใใ†ใธใ) = two matchless things. Second Kanji from ๅฎŒ็’ง(ใ‹ใ‚“ใบใ).
  • ๆŸ(ใใ‚ŒใŒใ—) = I; me (archaic).
  • ็–พ้ง†(ใ—ใฃใ) = driving a horse fast
  • ้…ท่–„(ใ“ใใฏใ) = cruel; inhuman. Sounds very much like ๅ‘Š็™ฝ(ใ“ใใฏใ).
  • ่ช(ใ—ใŸใŸ)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to write a letter
  • ่ญท(ใพใ‚‚)ใ‚‹. Alternate Kanji for ๅฎˆ(ใพใ‚‚)ใ‚‹.
  • ๆฐ—ๅ…ผ(ใใŒ)ใญ = getting restrained
  • ็Ž‡(ใฒใ)ใ„ใ‚‹ = to lead
  • ๅˆ‡(ใ)ใ‚Œ่€…(ใ‚‚ใฎ) = sharp and able person.
  • ๆจช(ใ‚ˆใ“)ใŸใ‚ใ‚‹ = to stretch across
  • ๅณฐๆ‰“(ใฟใญใ†)ใก = striking with back of the sword. First Kanji is ๅณฐ(ใฟใญ).
  • ๆŠ˜(ใŠใ‚Š)ใ‹ใ‚‰ = at that time. I think of ๆ™‚ๆŠ˜(ใจใใŠใ‚Š) + ใ‹ใ‚‰. (Though it is more of ๆŸ„(ใ‹ใ‚‰))
  • ๅผ•(ใฒ)ใๅ—(ใ†)ใ‘ใ‚‹ = to assume responsibility
  • ใ„ใฃใใฎไบ‹(ใ“ใจ) = preferably. Also, ใ„ใฃใ.
  • ่…น(ใฏใ‚‰)ใ‚ใŸ = guts. In dictionary as ่…ธ(ใฏใ‚‰ใ‚ใŸ)
  • ใ‹ใใฎๅฆ‚(ใ”ใจ)ใ = thus / this way
  • ใ‚„ใ‘้…’(ใ–ใ‘) = drowning in desperation
  • ็จฎๆ˜Ž(ใŸใญใ‚)ใ‹ใ— = revealing of how trick is done. ็จฎ(ใŸใญ) is just like ใƒใ‚ฟ โ€“ Inverted words.
  • ่™ซ(ใ‚€ใ—)ใ‘ใ‚‰ = insignificant wormsโ€ฆ
  • ๅคงๆฆ‚(ใŸใ„ใŒใ„)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to stay within bounds
  • ็‡•้›€(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ)ๅฎ‰(ใ„ใšใ)ใ‚“ใž้ดป้ต (ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ)ใฎๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—)ใ‚’็Ÿฅ(ใ—)ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ‚„
    • ็‡•้›€(ใˆใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚ƒใ) = swallow (็‡•(ใคใฐใ‚)) + sparrow (้›€(ใ™ใšใ‚)). Both compounded and standalone versions can be found in context.
    • ๅฎ‰(ใ„ใšใ)ใ‚“ใž = ใ€Œใ„ใšใใซใžใ€ใฎ้Ÿณๅค‰ๅŒ– = ไฝ•(ใชใ‚“)ใž. Why so?
    • ้ดป้ต (ใ“ใ†ใ“ใ)ใฎๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—) = the ambition (ๅฟ—(ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ–ใ—)) of Chinese phoenix? (้ดป(ใŠใŠใจใ‚Š)) + swan (้ต (ใใใ„))
    • Two lines, so actually ็‡•้›€ๅฎ‰ใ‚“ใž ใƒป ้ดป้ต ใฎๅฟ—ใ‚’็Ÿฅใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ‚„
  • ้ ญ(ใ‚ใŸใพ)ใŒไธŠ(ใ‚)ใŒใ‚‰ใชใ„ = to be no match for
  • ไบบ่ž(ใฒใจใŽ)ใใฎๆ‚ช(ใ‚ใ‚‹)ใ„ = disgraceful
  • ้ชจ่‚‰็›ธ้ฃŸ(ใ“ใคใซใใ‚ใ„ใฏ)ใ‚€ = to fight between family members. Also, ้ชจ่‚‰็›ธ้ฃŸ(ใ“ใคใซใใใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ), or just the first part ้ชจ่‚‰(ใ“ใคใซใ)ใฎไบ‰(ใ‚ใ‚‰ใ)ใ„.
  • ๆˆ(ใช)ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใซๆˆ(ใช)ใ‚‹ = whatever will be, will be; things happen the way they happen
  • ้ฌจ(ใจใ)ใฎๅฃฐ(ใ“ใˆ) = battle cry. Somehow sounds like cries of time (ๆ™‚ใฎๅฃฐ).
  • ไธ€่“ฎๆ‰˜็”Ÿ(ใ„ใกใ‚Œใ‚“ใŸใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = being the same boat
  • ่ข‹(ใตใใ‚)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to gang up and beat someone
  • ็ฝต่ฉˆ้›‘่จ€(ใฐใ‚Šใžใ†ใ”ใ‚“) = all kinds of verbal abuse. Also without Furigana. Personally, no idea about the second Kanji; there appears to be a single wordโ€ฆ ็ฝต่ฉˆ(ใฐใ‚Š). The first is just ็ฝต(ใฎใฎใ—)ใ‚‹.

SFX

• ใƒ›ใ‚คใƒ›ใ‚ค = recklessly

Kanji

Rather than listing various possible readings, meanings, or representative vocabularies, start to matter more.

• ่‹›
    • ่‹›(ใ•ใ„ใช)ใ‚€, ่‹›(ใ„ใ‚‰)ใคใ, ่‹›(ใ„ใ˜)ใ‚ใ‚‹.
  • ่ž
    • Melting
    • ้›ช(ใ‚†ใ)่ž(ใฉ)ใ‘
  • ่‡ญ
    • ่‡ญๆฐ—(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ)
    • ่‡ญ(ใใ•)ใ„
    • ่‡ญ(ใซใŠ)ใ„
  • ไฟ‘
    • Terracotta figure
    • ๅ…ต้ฆฌไฟ‘(ใธใ„ใฐใ‚ˆใ†)
  • ๅ›ฎ
    • ๅ›ฎ(ใŠใจใ‚Š)
17 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Autumn Onsen :hotsprings: :raccoon:

20221217 - ๅพ่ผฉใฏ็‹ธใงใ‚ใ‚‹ progress: 97.52% :beverage_box:

Itโ€™s amusing reading these guys predictions of the future from 100 years ago, they somewhat feel exactly the same as peopleโ€™s predictions these days aka: โ€œoh no we be doomed I tell you, society ainโ€™t what it used to beโ€

:fallen_leaf: Japanese found under the leaves :fallen_leaf:

Meowords

ๅ‹‡็Œ›็ฒพ้€ฒใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใฟใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ˜ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Someone who practices asceticism and has a dauntless spirit; brave and diligent hero
็ฟ•็„ถใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใœใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Coming together as one; unanimously

18 Likes

December 17th

:snowflake: :christmas_tree:Home post:christmas_tree::snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 2 โ€“ progress report

Yesterday: Read up to page 376, finished chapter 20 and Aria: the masterpiece volume 2.
Today: Started reading Card Captor Sakura volume 2, read up to page 37, finished chapter 6.

My anxiety has passed (for now) and I could read without the intent of distracting myself from it again. Iโ€™ll stick to Card Captor Sakura during this and the next week, perhaps even until the end of the month. No idea, how far Iโ€™ll get until the 31st but it would be nice if I could finish at least volume 3 by then.

Word or expression of the day:

่ค‡้›‘ - (ใตใใ–ใค) - complicated, intricate, mixed feelings

Honourable mention(s):
้‹ๅ‹•็ฅž็ตŒ - (ใ†ใ‚“ใฉใ†ใ—ใ‚“ใ‘ใ„) - reflexes
็™บๆŽ˜ - (ใฏใฃใใค) - (archaeological) excavation, discovery (e.g. a new talent)

18 Likes

:maple_leaf: :jack_o_lantern: :snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 17 :christmas_tree: :snowflake: :jack_o_lantern: :maple_leaf:
Home Post

Swedish holiday traditions (in Swedish) :snowman:
Holiday short story (in English) :snowman:

Yeah, I know neither of those said Japanese. But that is just how it is sometimes. :woman_shrugging:

I did spend a lot of time on Japanese-ish related things. Just not reading. ^^

19 Likes

:snowflake: :christmas_tree: December 17th :christmas_tree: :snowflake: (Home Post Link)

Read:

Good Words

NHK
ๅฐ†ๆฅใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚‰ใ„ใ€ใƒผ future prospects
ใ„ใชใใชใ‚‹ใƒผ to disappear (of people and animals), to no longer exist :frowning:
้Œฒ้Ÿณใ€Œใ‚ใใŠใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ audio recording
ใตใ‚“ใƒผ feces (esp. animal) (kanji ็ณž)
่จ˜้Œฒใ€Œใใ‚ใใ€ใƒผ record, document

ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค
ๅ†™ใƒกใ€Œใ—ใ‚ƒใ‚ใ€ใƒผ abbreviation ๅ†™ใƒกใƒผใƒซ, mobile message with picture attached (wonder if thatโ€™s dated)
ๅซใถใ€Œใ•ใ‘ใถใ€ใƒผ to shout
้€†ใ€ŒใŽใ‚ƒใใ€ใƒผ reverse, opposite
็š†็„กใ€Œใ‹ใ„ใ‚€ใ€ใƒผ nonexistent, nil

18 Likes

:frog: Home :phone:

December 17

ไบบ้–“ๆค…ๅญ -

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ57 :shark:
Start - 115

I finished the whole arc but didnโ€™t want to start the next one because itโ€™s Notorious B I G and I didnโ€™t want it to show up in my dreams lmao. BIG is up there as one of the creepiest stands in my opinion

18 Likes

Home

I read HQ vol 36. This series is so damn good, for real. Iโ€™m kind of sad Iโ€™ve only got 9 volumes left.

Some vocab of note:

ๅผ•ใฃ่พผใฟๆ€ๆกˆ (ใฒใฃใ“ใฟใ˜ใ‚ใ‚“) [noun, ใช-adj., ใฎ-adj.] reserved; introverted; reticent; shy; withdrawn
ๅ’ฒใ† (ใ‚ใ‚‰ใ†) [่‡ชใ‚ขไบ”] to laugh; to smile. Iโ€™ve seen ๅ—คใ† before, specifically for derisive laughter, but I wonder what nuance using โ€œbloomโ€ for โ€œlaugh/smileโ€ has. I mean, I know what I think of (like a beatific smile or something), but considering the context this was used in, Iโ€™m not sure it fits. (Although, Keiโ€™s smile after his successful block a few pages laterโ€ฆ maybe it does.)
ไป‡ใซใชใ‚‹ (ใ‚ใ ใซใชใ‚‹) [expression, ใƒฉไบ”] to backfire; to have a harmful result

18 Likes

December 17 :maple_leaf: Home Post

I didnโ€™t start reading until late so just a chapter of ใƒ–ใƒซใƒผใƒญใƒƒใ‚ฏ today, more than I expected to do when I started though so :man_shrugging: Iโ€™ll take it!

19 Likes

Quite a successful day for a change.

17/12 21 pages Spy Family (whole mission), 27 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น (both chapters for this week), 3 pages ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง (finished last weekโ€™s chapter), 8 pages Cells at Work

Ps this was yesterday - power was out when I went to bed

19 Likes

Home Post

Day 38 Progress:
ใŠ้šฃใฎๅคฉไฝฟๆง˜ ๅ››ๅ†Š - 57.47% โ†’ 64.08%

Managed to get over the hump of the frustrating portion from yesterday, at least. Still a bit of a frustrating read but a bit better. (Also oh boy, 5 AM!)

Word of the Day: ๆ”พ็‰ฉ็ทšใปใ†ใถใคใ›ใ‚“ - parabola. This one is just great because of how direct it is. The line that forms when you release (throw) an object.

19 Likes

December 18th

:snowflake: :christmas_tree:Home post:christmas_tree::snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 2 โ€“ progress report

Yesterday: Started reading Card Captor Sakura volume 2, read up to page 37, finished chapter 6.
Today: Finished chapter 7, continued up to page 86.

Unfortunately I didnโ€™t understand half of what Sonomi (Tomoyoโ€™s mother) said but I still got the gist of the chapter (partly thanks to my memory of events too).

At least the 7th chapter also cleared one thing up which confused me upon re-reading the 1st volume. It was Tomoyo blushing when looking at Toya because I remembered her being in love with Sakura. This chapter explained her reactions and that the only reason she was blushing was the fact that Toyaโ€™s ears resemble Sakuraโ€™s. :joy:
I canโ€™t help but feel bad for Tomoyo because her love is a one-sided one, though she still has a wonderful friend in Sakura. I also respect Tomoyo a lot because she actively helps Sakura pursue her love interests because sheโ€™s not entitled to Sakuraโ€™s reciprocation of her love โ€“ Tomoyo sure is the wing(wo)man we donโ€™t deserve. :relieved:

And speaking of painful, I sure felt the pain when the next chapter immediately implied the feelings between Rika and the Terada-sensei. Donโ€™t mind me, Iโ€™m just going to fetch my bag over there. :nauseated_face:
Sigh, okay I canโ€™t let this slide, I have to rant a little bit: CLAMP and their stories have always been a hit and miss for me. There are admittedly only a few works which I could stomach from the oneโ€™s Iโ€™ve read and know about in a general sense.
While there is plenty to like in Sakura and their other manga, there are always some things that just put me off quite a bit. And a big one of them are CLAMPโ€™s couples or โ€˜soul matesโ€™, so to say, because holy cr*** are there a lot of them that โ€“ in my opinion โ€“ should never have existed such Rika and the teacher, for example. :expressionless:

Word or expression of the day:

่ฒฏใ‚ใ‚‹ - (ใŸใ‚ใ‚‹) - to save up (money)

Honourable mention(s):
้ฟ้›ฃ - (ใฒใชใ‚“) - taking refuge, finding shelter, evacuation

20 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Autumn Onsen :hotsprings: :raccoon:

20221218 - ๅพ่ผฉใฏ็‹ธใงใ‚ใ‚‹ progress: 98.01% :fire:

The conversation continues.
But it looks like it might end soon.

:fallen_leaf: Japanese found under the leaves :fallen_leaf:

Meowords

ๅ›ฐๆ†Šใ€Œใ“ใ‚“ใฐใ„ใ€ใƒผ Exhaustion; fatigue
ๅ‘ต่ฒฌใ€Œใ‹ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ€ใƒผ Blame; accusation; torture; maltreatment

18 Likes

Dec 18, Sun of Week 12 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

• ๅฒ่จ˜ (first half of Ch.2)

Farmerโ€™s revolt.

A little of ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ, and also vocabularies also from Tate-Yuusha anime sub.

Interesting words
  • ใŠใจใ—ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to look down on. The Kanji form is ่ฒถ(ใŠใจใ—)ใ‚ใ‚‹, although this probably matters more for Kanji meaning.
  • ใจใ‚Šใ‚ใ‘ = especially. Kanji form is ๅ–(ใจ)ใ‚Šๅˆ†(ใ‚)ใ‘.
  • ใ•ใชใŒใ‚‰ = just like. Kanji form is ๅฎ›(ใ•ใชใŒ)ใ‚‰.
  • ใฒใ‚‹ใŒใˆใ‚‹ = to flutter in the wind; to have the mind changed. Kanji form is ็ฟป(ใฒใ‚‹ใŒใˆ)ใ‚‹.
  • ใ‚ใ„ใคใ„ใง = one after another. Kanji form is ็›ธๆฌก(ใ‚ใ„ใค)ใ„ใง.
  • ใ‚ใ‚ใ‚ˆใใฐ = if chance favors. Probably ไผš(ใ‚)ใ† + ่‰ฏ(ใ‚ˆ)ใ.
  • ไธ€ไป‹(ใ„ใฃใ‹ใ„) = merely a โ€ฆ
  • ๆž—็ซ‹(ใ‚Šใ‚“ใ‚Šใค) = standing close together
  • ้ฆ–่ฌ€่€…(ใ—ใ‚…ใผใ†ใ—ใ‚ƒ) = ringleader
  • ๆšดๅ›(ใผใ†ใใ‚“) = despot; tyrant
  • ่œ‚่ตท(ใปใ†ใ) = uprising. First Kanji is bee, from ่œœ่œ‚(ใฟใคใฐใก) or ใ‚นใ‚บใƒก่œ‚(ใฐใก).
  • ไนฑไธ–(ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ›) = turbulent times. Short ไธ–(ใ›) in context, although official version is probably ไนฑไธ–(ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใ›ใ„).
  • ๅ‹ƒ็™บ(ใผใฃใฑใค) = sudden outbreak
  • ๅไนฑ(ใฏใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ‚“) = rebellion
  • ่ฆ่ก(ใ‚ˆใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = strategic position. The second Kanji is from ่ก็ช(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใจใค) or ่กๆ’ƒ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ).
  • ้–ฃไธ‹(ใ‹ใฃใ‹) = Your Excellency
  • ่ฟ‘่ก›(ใ“ใฎใˆ) = Imperial Guards
  • ๆญฆๅ‹‡(ใถใ‚†ใ†) = bravery
  • ็พฉๆŒ™(ใŽใใ‚‡) = heroic deed
  • ้ญ‚่ƒ†(ใ“ใ‚“ใŸใ‚“) = ulterior motives. Daring of the spirits?
  • ้‡Žๆœ›(ใ‚„ใผใ†) = ambition
  • ๅ‡บๆฅ(ใงใ‹)ใ—ใŸ = Well done! The base vocabulary is ๅ‡บๆฅ(ใงใ‹)ใ™.
  • ๏ฝžใฎๅจๅ…‰(ใ„ใ“ใ†) = through power/influence of (a big person)
  • ไธๆœ(ใตใตใ) = disapproval; dissatisfaction
  • ่ก€็ฅญ(ใกใพใค)ใ‚Š = blood offering (before the battle starts)
  • ๅณๅˆป(ใใฃใ“ใ) = immediately; instantly
  • ๆฏ”ไพ‹(ใฒใ‚Œใ„) = proportional
  • ๅˆ†้š›(ใถใ‚“ใ–ใ„) = social position; oneโ€™s place. Similarly to ่บซๅˆ†(ใฟใถใ‚“) or perhaps ็ซ‹ๅ ด(ใŸใกใฐ).
  • ็›ธๆฎบ(ใใ†ใ•ใ„) = cancelling out
  • ้‡‡้…(ใ•ใ„ใฏใ„) = commands; directions
  • ็„กๅฎ˜(ใ‚€ใ‹ใ‚“) = lacking a title. See also ็„กไฝ็„กๅฎ˜(ใ‚€ใ„ใ‚€ใ‹ใ‚“).
  • ไฟŠๆ•(ใ—ใ‚…ใ‚“ใณใ‚“) = quick-witted
  • ็™บๆณจ(ใฏใฃใกใ‚…ใ†) = placing an order
  • ๆญฆๅฃซ(ใ‚‚ใฎใฎใต) = warrior
  • ้ฉ•(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‰ใš = not haughty. The verb is ้ฉ•(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹ (proud) / ๅ‚ฒ(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹ (conceited), where JJ makes different entry from ๅฅข(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹ (luxurious).
  • ๅˆป(ใใ–)ใ‚€ = to engrave; to carve / to chop up; to mince
  • ๅ‹•ๅ‹ข(ใฉใ†ใ›ใ„) = movements; states. A similar one is ๅ‹•้™(ใฉใ†ใ›ใ„), but the first one is probably more about armies. (I am not exactly sure about JMdict for this one.)
    • ๅฟ…่ฆใซๅฟœใ˜ใฆๅŠฉๅ‹ขใซๅ‘ใ‹ใ†ใŸใ‚ใซใ€่ป้šŠใฎๅพŒๆ–นใซๆŽงใˆใฆใ„ใ‚‹ๆญฆๅฃซใŸใกใ€‚
  • ้ฃŸ(ใ)ใ„ๆญข(ใจ)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to hold (enemy) at bay
  • ๆถˆ(ใ)ใˆๅคฑ(ใ†)ใ›ใ‚ = Get out of sight!
  • ็ฉๅนด(ใ›ใใญใ‚“)ใฎๆ€จ(ใ†ใ‚‰)ใฟ = long standing grudges
  • ๆฐด(ใฟใš)ใ‚’ใ•ใ™ = to estrange; to hamper. Can be ๆฐด(ใฟใš)ใ‚’ๅทฎ(ใ•)ใ™ or ๆฐด(ใฟใš)ใ‚’ๆณจ(ใ•)ใ™. (I think more of latter, but JJ likes the first.)
  • ็ฝช(ใคใฟ)ใ‚’็€(ใ)ใ›ใ‚‹ = to pin a crime on. Probably similar to ๅ†ค็ฝช(ใˆใ‚“ใ–ใ„).
  • ๅ…ˆ(ใ•ใ)ใ‚“ใšใ‚Œใฐไบบ(ใฒใจ)ใ‚’ๅˆถ(ใ›ใ„)ใ™ = early bird gets the worm. There also appears to be an opposite ๆ€ฅใ„ใฆใฏไบ‹ใ‚’ไป•ๆใ˜ใ‚‹, and so I noticed I forgot ไป•ๆ(ใ—ใใ‚“)ใ˜ใ‚‹ from yesterday.
  • ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“)ใ‚’ๆŠ•(ใช)ใ’ใ‹ใ‘ใ‚‹ = to cause a stir. ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“) is also Hamon from JoJo. I also saw another ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“) today โ€“ ๆณข็ด‹(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“)ใ‚’ๅ‘ผ(ใ‚ˆ)ใถ.
  • ่พฒๆฐ‘ไธ€ๆ†(ใฎใ†ใฟใ‚“ใ„ใฃใ) = farmerโ€™s uprising. An equivalent is ็™พๅง“ไธ€ๆ†(ใฒใ‚ƒใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ„ใฃใ).
  • ็Œซ(ใญใ“)ใ‚‚ๆ“ๅญ(ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ—)ใ‚‚ = anyone without distinction. The phrase refers to cats and ladles, though.
  • ๆˆ‘(ใ‚)ใŒ็‰ฉ(ใ‚‚ใฎ)ใซใ™ใ‚‹ = to appropriate for oneself
  • ไธฆใ€…(ใชใฟใชใฟ)ใชใ‚‰ใฌ = uncommon. ไธฆ(ใชใฟ) is just an ordinary thing.
  • ๆ„Ÿๆ…จๆทฑ(ใ‹ใ‚“ใŒใ„ใถใ‹)ใ„ = deeply emotive; moving
  • ๅ‹(ใพใ•)ใ‚‹ใจใ‚‚ๅŠฃ(ใŠใจ)ใ‚‰ใชใ„ = not inferior to; equal or better
  • ๅ…ฌๆ˜Žๆญฃๅคง(ใ“ใ†ใ‚ใ„ใ›ใ„ใ ใ„) = fair and upright

SFX

• ใŒใ‚ŠใŒใ‚Š = skinny / scratchy, crunchy / desperately, wholeheartedly

Kanji

• ้ฉ•
    • ้ฉ•(ใŠใ”)ใ‚‹
    • ้ฉ•ๅฅข(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚ƒ), ย  ย  ้ฉ•ๆ…ข(ใใ‚‡ใ†ใพใ‚“)
  • ๅ‚ฒ
    • ๅ‚ฒๆ…ข(ใ”ใ†ใพใ‚“)
17 Likes

December 18th!

Today I read the second half of Chapter 4 of God Bless the Mistaken.
Struggled a bit with it this week, but Iโ€™ve had a pretty long (but fun!) weekend and Iโ€™m reading quite late at night, so Iโ€™m probably just tired.

(Home Post)

20 Likes