Re Zero Volume 6 week 4

Re Zero Volume 6 Week 4

Re Zero Home Thread

Start Date: June 1, 2020
Previous Chapter: Re Zero Volume 6 week 3
Next Chapter: Re Zero Volume 6 week 5

Week 4 Reading: Till end of chapter 4 part 2

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for Re Zero!

Reading aloud

Time: Saturday 7 PM(Japan), 5AM(USA), 12PM Europe.(could change if needed)

Discord link : https://discord.gg/AG5rnd

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Donā€™t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, itā€™s fun! :durtle_vin:
  • Iā€™m reading along
  • Iā€™m still reading the book but I havenā€™t reached that part yet
  • Iā€™m no longer reading the book
  • I already read that part

0 voters

1 Like

Iā€™ve been expecting Subaru to just die for what feels like such a long time already! Itā€™s just not happening!

On another note, I was wondering if Rem had really died or maybe managed to escape/hold on after all, but then Ram was nice enough to let us know that nope. Wonder when Subaru will catch on that the people killed by the ē™½éÆØ - or maybe in the mist it created in general? - areā€¦ forgotten. Or maybe ā€˜erasedā€™ is more fitting since Remā€™s room isā€¦ not Remā€™s room anymore?

Wonder whatā€™s going on there.

In any case I really enjoyed the unfolding of all these events. :+1: Very unexpected and very welcome. I mean Iā€™m sad Rem is dead (for now?), but other than all the people dying this loop is going sort of ok. It would be kind of beautiful for a less than ideal loop to be the one that remains.

Iā€™m also enjoying putting all these spoiler blurs. Please enjoy clicking them. :slight_smile:

I may have gone overboard.

5 Likes

I enjoyed clicking 3 times to make that nested spoiler blur show up properly :stuck_out_tongue:
Now letā€™s hope no one wants to quote something from inside of them

4 Likes

@Naphthalene just explained how to circumvent those in another book club thread, so weā€™re good since weā€™re all following all of them right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wanna comment on next weekā€™s content. That week did not start as I expected at all.

Not really spoilery spoilers. I donā€™t think.

K Iā€™ll stop. :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s up with this book, itā€™s so good. Is the next one also this good?

4 Likes

On my phone a simple tap reveals the whole block. Soā€¦ itā€™s fine?

Right, I remember thinking ā€œoh god, is it going to be the loop? Not like thatā€¦ā€ (obviously now I have the answer to that question)

I really hope as well.

4 Likes

Wha how :joy: Unless if itā€™s by quoting it manually or selecting a range before and after. I guess that would work (when there happens to be text before and after). Any easier way? I would like that, since spoiler blurs feel more satisfying.

I see that youā€™ve chosen the dark path too :relieved:

Overall the story doesnā€™t fall off, not by a long run.
Signing off from the last page of volume 9.

5 Likes

Apparently the easiest way is to reply to a specific post and quite the whole post, and then delete the part you donā€™t want to quote. :joy: sorry, still a bit convoluted.

Not how itā€™s intended! :joy: Iā€™m sorry you donā€™t get to experience the joy of clicking on all the spoilers separately on your phone.

:eyes: sooon.

That is very good news indeed. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I forgot to reply to that. I simply use the ā€œquote whole postā€ function and remove the parts I donā€™t want.
Like so:

4 Likes

Convoluted but better than being forced to use summaries. Theyā€™reā€¦ misleading. Gonna start using that, thanks.
Oh, and as I mentioned, I found out that selecting a range from before the blur till after also works, and might save a bit of time. But itā€™s good to have the quote whole post option for when the whole thing is a spoiler blur.

4 Likes

Yeah, it usually doesnā€™t take long for him to die in the other loops. Part of me just wanted him to die so he can re-do the loop, but another was wondering what things would be like if he ended up getting to the next checkpoint.

I was wondering about the previous major battle with the holy knights against the white whale. I wonder if they knew just how many casualties they had in that one battle, because of the effect the white while has on peopleā€™s memories. Perhaps, because theyā€™re so strong, their memories were kept intact? If that was the case, that would suck that only they would remember their friends that died, but no one else would.

Iā€™m interested to see what happened to Rem. Hopefully nothing bad :confused:. Honestly, I canā€™t fully remember what happened in these parts, so it makes it all the more fun to read :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnā€™t mind if we picked up the pace, though at the moment, Iā€™m running behind on the current SAO volume, so I canā€™t speed up just yet.

4 Likes

My guess is that If you get eaten by the white whale your existence is erased but if he just squashed you, you just die. They do remember the sword saint dying by the white whale after all.

5 Likes

Also itā€™s funny people remember the name of the Sage who planted the tree, but nothing else is remembered from him. Could be a coincidence, but me thinks he was eaten centuries ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

No spoiler because that was last weekā€¦ right? (Also phone)

5 Likes

next week is up

1 Like