Re Zero Volume 4 week 4

Re Zero Volume 4 Week 4

Re Zero Home Thread

Start Date: February 10, 2020
Previous Chapter: Re Zero Volume 4 week 3
Next Chapter: **Re Zero Volume 4 week 5

Week 4 Reading: Till end of chapter 3

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for Re Zero!

Reading aloud

Time: Saturday 10 PM(Japan), 8AM(USA), 3PM Europe.

Discord link : https://discord.gg/AG5rnd

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle_vin:
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached that part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I already read that part

0 voters

2 Likes

Just noticed the Week 4 Reading in the title is the same as last week. It should be Till end of chapter 3. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, true! I didn’t even notice since I bookmarked the schedule in the home thread and refer to that instead :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thx, I corrected it.

3 Likes

After freaking out a bit that アル was also summoned, I realized how interesting the contrast between Subaru and アル’s situation is. Sure, Subaru’s life after coming here wasn’t exactly a smooth walk, but contrast that with the one-handed アル’s response to Subaru asking whether he got to know why he was summoned after 18 years: “I’ve been merely struggling to stay alive after all”. Subaru is lucky he has 死に戻り and friends he can depend on from day 1 in such a world.

This volume has a lot of exposition and world-building and sets up things quite a bit, it needs a bit of patience but I think the result will be well worth it.

5 Likes

I should probably start reading this week’s part then :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t remember that the anime talked about アルbeing from another world though. This is what I like about the light novel there is so much more information. For Priscilla she looks like a spoiled brat in the anime from a person with high analysis ability in the book. I like Priscilia more now

4 Likes

Yes, this bit was completely cut out from the anime. I knew about it before, but reading it in full in the novel now, I really liked it, I didn’t expect it to be like this. And for Priscilla, yeah, I get why people would hate her but I just love her character, it’s kinda unique in a sense (well, each candidate is), and I’m always looking forward to what outrageous thing she’ll say.

3 Likes

I also thought it was pretty cool that Subaru met a fellow otherworlder. I’m surprised that this detail wasn’t in the anime. I would love to hear アル’s story of how he survived and made it this far. It makes you wonder how many other otherworlders there are! And another thing I’m wondering is if Subaru and アル are even from the same world. Since the story seems to support the multiverse theory. アル could be from a slightly different world from Subaru, even though they have similarities.

5 Likes

Next week is up Re Zero Volume 4 week 5

2 Likes
Spoilers

Yes! I would also love to know how someone like Priscilla even took him in at all.

Ohh, I wonder what makes you think of that in particular. Not saying it’s not at all possible to think about, but, have you by any chance read arc 4? (innocent question)

Nah, haven’t gone past the first season of the anime. But from your post, now I’m looking forward to what’s going to happen :sweat_smile:

In regards to the multiverse theory, it’s more of a feeling, but does seem like it could fit.

1 Like

Ohh I see. It’s just that, multiverse really interests me as its own thing, before I knew what anime was I used to read lots about physics in general and multiverse/parallel worlds in particular, which is why I got excited :sweat_smile:

I won’t say anything else about arc 4, but it’ll be so good when we reach that.

1 Like

Because of that multiverse theory now I’m starting to think that Maybe all out-worlders could be Subarus. Like a Subaru from a different universe. I’m sure it’s not possible though but what a twist it could be.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, you said arc 4 starts from volume 9? It’s going to take like a year to get there…

1 Like

Yeah :pensive: Out of desperation, a few days ago, I had a thought so I calculated how much I’ll need to read daily if I want to reach it in a couple months. It was some 45 pages per day. Needless to say, I acted as if I didn’t have the thought in the first place :joy:

3 Likes

I could manage that pace if I didn’t have a job, friends, family, and other interests.

(Also I still need to finish volume 2 and 3 and catch up with y’all)

3 Likes

The temptation was strong, I have to be honest… @Naphthalene can probably pull it off :eyes:

3 Likes

My average was 50~60 per day when I was really motivated to read last year :thinking: I spend much more time watching YouTube and whatnot this days though. So… not impossible, it would just require motivation. That I do not have.

2 Likes

I have infinite motivation but no time at all, and I’m still far from being an advanced reader. I’m afraid of losing this motivation when I reach that stage :thinking:
But I guess that’s better than the inverse. I feel like I’m making progress by sheer willpower and motivation, I’m pretty sure it would have been hell without it

3 Likes