Re Zero Volume 5 week 4

Re Zero Volume 5 Week 4

Re Zero Home Thread

Start Date: April 6, 2020
Previous Chapter: Re Zero Volume 5 week 3
Next Chapter:Re Zero Volume 5 week 5

Week 4 Reading: Till end of chapter 4 part 1

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for Re Zero!

Floflo Word List

Reading aloud

Time: Saturday 10 PM(Japan), 8AM(USA), 3PM Europe.

Discord link : https://discord.gg/AG5rnd

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle_vin:
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached that part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I already read that part

0 voters

2 Likes

@mrahhal
As you promised, things certainly seem to be picking up! I’m only up to part 5 of chapter 3 so far, but I can already tell its going to be a faster (because more enjoyable) read than the last weeks’ parts. :slight_smile: (Also chapter 3 is a super short chapter.) If the book continues like this, I’ll keep the complaining to a minimum. Maybe. :wink:

3 Likes

Hahahah good to know.

Ohhh I see. Well, good luck :relieved:
And, do complain! I think it’s pretty obvious by now, but it seems this is exactly what the author intended for us to do haha

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s been very in your face about it from the get go - I still don’t like it! I suppose he did everything right there haha.

That’s not ominous at all! :eyes: But then again, this week’s reading already started off ominous.

In case anyone is interested: writing on a tablet with the language set to Japanese is a major pain even on the romaji keyboard! :joy:

2 Likes

:joy:

Yeah I really hate that. For some reason, it’s just fine doing that on a phone, but the tablet feels uncomfortable.

2 Likes

sigh, Tokyo is going to be in lockdown, which means I won’t be able to borrow more books for a month.
Welp, time to catch up on all the book clubs, then.
Oh wait, I don’t think I have the next book, though? :scream:
Well, there’s the preview online anyway, so I won’t be that behind.

2 Likes

It is only at times like these that I forgive myself for buying all the books in the series 2 years before reading them.
Haven’t been able to buy anything since a few months now (even digitally, there’s an altogether different crisis in my country even before this one started).

4 Likes

Yeah, hoarding sounds silly until the moment you actually need some hoard…

5 Likes

Done with chapter 3 - and I think I’ll leave 4.1 for next week. It’s a bit long until next Monday, and I kind of want to read the chapter in one … flow, maybe. Unless there’s something major revealed in those 4ish pages? I do want to read what you guys have to say too…

I think I’ve somehow been spoilered haha. The village and mansion massacre weren’t a surprise. :thinking: But I’m not sure what happened to Emilia, Beatrice and Roswaal, so not all is lost. :stuck_out_tongue: They likely also died, but I’m looking forward to finding out next loop. Or is it? It’s been so long since we had a loop, and we also need to find out what that prologue was all about. The title for chapter 4 rather makes me think it’s not quite time for that yet though…

I half want to keep reading, but I also want to read some other stuff. :smiley:

4 Likes

I just finished ch3 and I agree. I’m going to read the next chapter in one go. Things are definitely getting more interesting. (I can’t remember exactly what happens next though, since it’s been a while from watching the anime :stuck_out_tongue:)

I just wanted to add, It was amazing how in shock Subaru was. He was walking over dead bodies and blood, and not acknowledging it. It took a while before it sank in. I guess because he didn’t want to believe it.

3 Likes

Spoiler

Ooh yeah, I liked that part. I think it showed Subaru’s state of mind really well - towards the end as well, that descent into madness. :+1:

Usually his insistence on making this all ‘his fault’ (or ‘it would be if he didn’t deny it well enough’) would have usually annoyed me, but he gets a pass for not properly processing a horrible scene like this.

Even so, I kept thinking, ‘what are you, a kid? The world doesn’t revolve around you…’ :eyes: :joy:

3 Likes