Re Zero Volume 4 week 2

Re Zero Volume 4 Week 2

Re Zero Home Thread

Start Date: January 27, 2020
Previous Chapter: Re Zero Volume 4 week 1
Next Chapter: Re Zero Volume 4 week 3

Week 2 Reading: Till end of chapter 2 part 4

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for Re Zero!

Reading aloud

Time: Saturday 10 PM(Japan), 8AM(USA), 3PM Europe.

Discord link : https://discord.gg/AG5rnd

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Donā€™t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, itā€™s fun! :durtle_vin:
  • Iā€™m reading along
  • Iā€™m still reading the book but I havenā€™t reached that part yet
  • Iā€™m no longer reading the book
  • I already read that part

0 voters

2 Likes

Wait, no comment yet?
Anyway, I finally had time to read this part yesterday night (just in time). On the one hand, I feel bad for Natsuki being shut out of a building/meeting again, although itā€™s well deserved. On the other hand, Iā€™m also getting tired of his attitude and shenanigans. When he told red girl to not sell herself so cheaply, I expected him to reject the betā€¦ Even cheating (although, does it count as cheating against an opponent with a luck stat though the roof?), he just didnā€™t have the nerves to take his prize, which I could completely see coming (mostly because itā€™s not that type of book). Better stop before even starting and avoid the second confrontation with ćƒˆćƒ³ćƒćƒ³ć‚«ćƒ³. Also, having the willpower to go against her conditions could have made him get points just as much. Not that it matters, since itā€™s not supposed to be a dating sim.

Anyway, itā€™s fun to see the word 妾 since I was just talking about it with people in the 多čŖ­ thread.

Hereā€™s to hoping week 3 will be more my style.

4 Likes

We do have less people than usual.

This volume is where I start to see the most difference between the book and the anime. The animejust rushed through all these scenes. Skipping enterely the betting part which I found funny, and just go at where subaru met emilia again itā€™s starting to get more interesting because I havenā€™t seen a lot of these.

Anyway next week is up

4 Likes

Agreed. He sometimes can think when his head is clear (realizing there was nothing in that bet for him before the red girl suggested that thing, basic stuff in a negotiation but pretty important), but then when he fixates on a certain thought he goes back to being a complete idiot.

Talking about his obsessive attitude, feels like heā€™s facing some kind of inner conflict right now. Given that, although he knows his accomplishments were not really his own for the most part (he simply kept on running away until Roswaal appeared), but he still kind of expects recognition in return: wanting to join Emilia in the ēŽ‹éø yet he almost knows absolutely nothing about it (itā€™s like heā€™s convinced heā€™ll be of use somehow).

Part of this is also out of wanting to repay her debt, thatā€™s for sure, but heā€™s mixing up all the previous loops (kinda understandable) together and treating Emilia from that point of view, which might be bad.

Itā€™s hard to get through this seeing Subaru falling a bit deeper into his own pride (he couldnā€™t see that 惦ćƒŖć‚¦ć‚¹ā€™s was standard courtesy and got really jealous), but this feels like a natural consequence given the previous arcā€™s happenings and Subaruā€™s personality. Regardless, I like this volume so far :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just noticed that I hadnā€™t put any of these threads on ā€˜Watchingā€™. :stuck_out_tongue: No wonder I didnā€™t get any notifications haha. This only now struck me as strange that Iā€™m going to be reading again.

Before the book club officially started I pre read up to and including 2.2, so now I have to play a bit of catch up (which is why Iā€™m here and not in the current week 3 thread). Should be manageable by next weekend though. :+1: :slight_smile:

5 Likes