Re Zero book club home thread

Sorry for this week thread I was out all weekend.

For the next book as mrahhal said it’s prob better to start volume 4 next. I don’t know what these short story are about though. Are they long?

Actually I’m not aware of any that can be read before volume 6. I do remember @Ditto20 maybe mentioning some? But there are many of those stories, they’re small and compact and usually target one of the side characters. They’re very nice and build the world more, but I wouldn’t worry about them from now. (Also, they might be hard to find)

Just came across this while searching. It’s coming out in 3 months finally :no_mouth:

There are some short story collections available that gather up several of the stories(first of those was released after vol 5), but since they’re not necessary for the main plot I’d be fine with just continuing onwards (I mean, I need to catch up first, but I think I should be able to do that soon)

I actually already have the first of those collections, but I’d be fine with just reading it on my own… and then I can tell the rest of you if they’re good!

I saw this on live charts

image

And I was just like… wait a second… could it be?
Nope, it’s just reruns.

Can’t believe it’s been almost four years since it came out. Times flies I guess

So I’m not sure if you mean what you mean, but this one you’re showing here is indeed talking about the rerun. But S2 is starting on April, in 3 months (but maybe you do know).

https://anilist.co/anime/108632/ReZero-kara-Hajimeru-Isekai-Seikatsu-2/

Now it’s on my list. It will make it harder to catch up with the book though ha ha

I just got baited into thinking that it was happening in two weeks

I kinda forgot to mention it but people have voted and this week is a week off for chrismas. Take that time to have fun and to come back with energy to continue doing your best everyday.

Happy chrismas everyone.

Happy Christmas to all who celebrate it!

:christmas_tree::star2: :slight_smile:

So, there’s only one theater showing the Re:Zero movie and it’s in a city 4 hours away by train. Gonna have to wait a few months for the DVD release or something

BTW BD release was just announced yesterday, it’s on April 1st.

Big oof, big oof :frowning_face:.

I guess I can go see 天気の子 I guess

Strongly recommend!

Have we talked about whether we want to keep the pace or increase the pace for the next volume already? It seems to be a couple pages longer than 3, too, though I can’t really tell how many since I only have the ebook.

Does someone already have the paper version and can tell me how many pages that book has? I’m kind of curious to how much 2-300 of whatever kindle uses as a unit amounts to. ^^

They’re almost exactly the same length. Volume 3 ends the epilogue at 320 pages, volume 4 at 322.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I wonder where the rest of all that comes from then. … Is the あとがき particularly long or sth? :thinking:

In any case, that means we don’t need to increase the page count to keep the current pace at least.

Oh, nope, also the same.

Fun fact, author considers the first 2 arcs (volumes 1 to 3) the prologue of the story. Volume 4 starts arc 3 (which the anime ends on). Never thought I’d reach it in a relatively short time if not for the club.

Also, from here on out, even those who watched the anime will see new things, because a lot had to be cut from arc 3 (which interestingly, the new rebroadcast of S1 that starts tomorrow will add some crucial stuff back -yes with new cuts- in prep for S2. I like how much love and care they’re giving the series, deserved).

More details for those who want (safe)

Episodes 1-12 covered volumes 1-3
Episodes 13-25 covered volumes 4-9.5
So it’s obvious a lot had to be cut to reach the ending of the arc. Actually, they were so desperate not to sacrifice a lot that most of the times in the episodes the OP and the ED didn’t play to get the extra 3 minutes.

Why am I still going? I dunno, but I know a lot of ReZero trivia :thinking:

I sure don’t mind more info, considering I went in mostly blind. ^^ Thanks for sharing~

I keep meaning to watch the anime too. :sweat_drops: Maybe I’ll have managed by the time we get to volume 9.5. At this pace that’ll be this year, too. :open_mouth: Crazy.

I see that you’re planning to read a lot within the next several hours :slight_smile:

obviously know what you mean, but still couldn’t resist

(Speaking of reading a lot, I should also do that so I’ll actually catch up!)

In terms of speed, I am planning to scale back reading in 2020 to spend time on listening instead. (That may be difficult to guess based on the amount of book club and similar I am joining).
So I don’t mind keeping the current pace, which feels fast enough while not taking a ridiculous amount of my time.
It’s also fine to increase it, though. Then I’ll simply go for a “book club (including this one) only” reading approach for now.
I have been unable to secure volume 4 so far, but I should be on time.