Post your J-CAT score!

Just like the GRE!

Try Opera. Worked for me last time I took the test.

26%20PM

I was honestly a bit surprised at the listening because it felt like it would never end. The reading kept alternating between giving me really really easy texts and texts with a lot of kanji I didn’t know, until it finally gave up on me :joy: Overall I’m pretty happy, but I know I need to focus on vocabulary because the test kept throwing words I didn’t know at me.

(for reference, I got 78/180 on the N4 last December, so I’m not sure why the test score for this would put me at barely intermediate N3 level)

my score in the first days of November, haven’t studied Japanese in several years before that (passed the N2 in 2011, then around 2013 paused my studies AKA lost my motivation)
jat

my score today, doing wanikani everyday and some days listening to podcasts/movies/tv , i guess i need to start reading more and start the shinkanzen books, the goal is N1 in December

4943bd39-9030-4ec3-b56b-cc115d7fc0d5

Listening 62
Vocabulary 50
Grammar 44
Reading 44
Total 200

Ugh…
Never attempted any JLPT. Grammar and reading were really painful and frustrating parts!

142 which is better than I expected and puts me in the N3 band which seems ambitious. My listening feels like it has come one by leaps and bounds in the last few month and that’s reflected in the score.

It actually puts you in the N4 band. The chart in the opening post is the old scoring system.

Old New
Level 4 N5
Level 3 N4
- N3
Level 2 N2
Level 1 N1

Well that’s good then. Where I want to be.