Post your J-CAT score!

Woo! Finally got my password! I remember signing up about a year ago and never got it…but now I have it! Looking forward to taking it tonight.

1 Like

My scores!

Section Score
Listening 42
Vocabulary 34
Grammar 26
Reading 39
Total 141

This is more or less what I was expecting, I think. Although I was a little surprised that I seemed to do best at listening, which I’ve always felt was one of my weaker skills. Either way, I’m feeling fairly confident that taking N4 in December is a good choice for me. And if I keep it up, maybe N3 won’t be out of reach next year either.

Also I loved the question throwing shade at poor listening skills. I felt very called out.

3 Likes

20190206_222937
Compared to other people, it’s really not that good of a score… but I exceeded my own expectations, so I’m a bit happy.

9 Likes

That’s the important thing. Everyone is on their own journey with different goals, obstacles, and paces. If you are happy then great job!

2 Likes

Everybody who’s reached a higher score had to have learnt only enough to reach the lower scores first. So long as you’re pleased and making progress, that’s a good score by anybody’s account. :smiley:

1 Like

Slight derail for a technical question. Is there any way of access the J-Cat without installing Flash? I’d like to try but there’s no way I’m letting flash back on my computer.

2 Likes

Try using Internet Explorer. Yes, Internet Explorer.

1 Like

Flash is required for now. The new version of J-CAT (next year) will rely on HTML 5 instead. Also, it won’t be free.

1 Like

Should have specified I’m on a Mac. I’ll have to steal my Wife’s computer for a bit.

That’s the only way I know of. I was able to use Internet Explorer to avoid installing Flash. So if you do have access to a Windows machine, try it out.

So, Internet explorer has flash built in? How does that even work?

That’s my best guess, but I don’t really know. I refuse to install Flash, so if that didn’t work I just wouldn’t take the J-Cat.

P.S. I’m probably going to take the test again in the next few weeks. Wish me luck!

P.P.S. “Wish me luck” sounds stupid here. Luck would give me a higher score than I actually deserve. Wish me an accurate evaluation of my skills! :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Good accurate evaluation of your skills!

9 Likes

May you have a very accurate evaluation of your skills!

I can take the J-Cat again next month. Right in time to register for the JLPT. (Or not, depending on my score. :upside_down_face: )

3 Likes

9 Likes

Just tried to register with IE11 and the Flash Player shows failed.

Were you able to do the test without Flash on IE?

I was a year ago at least. I’m going to try taking the test again in a couple weeks, so I can’t say more until then.

EDIT: Actually I just tried it with the sample questions and it works for me in IE 11.

1 Like

Hmm… would you mind trying to register? Thats where its stopping me, when they run the sound check + browser test.

I will try to do the sample questions the next chance I get

I don’t want to register yet. I’m worried the password they send me will expire before I can use it, so I want to wait until a week out to register. Sorry.

1 Like

Okay If you could tag me when you succeed in registering that would be great.

Thanks

1 Like