Partners into Pain Level 11 in April 2019

i got into it 3 hours ago and right now i feel the same pain as always so no changes ATM. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Welcome! I just reached level 14 and I’m drowning in lessons and reviews…

1 Like

Oops, not this time! I still had 45 “first half” level 13 vocab to go when I finished the level and unlocked another 50… It was an eight day level, but with just a bit more than a quarter of the vocab even seen, does that count? 18 now awaiting their first review! 56 level 13 lessons to go (but I have already unlocked the radicals).

SEMPAI! You have entered HELL… but have passed the halfway mark of levels, guide us…

1 Like

When I was ill, we had a saying; “Hurry up and wait!” Rush for appointments and then sit in reception areas waiting for appointments, and then of course, the waiting for results. I found focusing away helped, and if I had something like WK or YouTube it would have helped.

我慢しましょう!

Thanks so much for your kindness. Yes, I have an appointment next week so we can decide what to actually do, which will be another appointment, which…

WK definitely is helping, especially when I’m off work.

ありがとうございます!笑

1 Like

What script are you using that shows the breakdown of levels. I am sure I saw it when getting my scripts but don’t remember what it is called.

It’s “Wanikani Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown”. :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Thanks, it seems to be working now, but not seeing the leach control aspect…

It’s the 0 in the lower right corner of each stage (except burned because I don’t have those yet). I checked by deactivating and reactivating the script, it’s “Wanikani Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown".

Sorry if it’s not working for you. I’m using Firefox if that helps.

1 Like

Is this what burnout looks like?

Feeling as though every thing is blurred in my brain fog!

2 Likes

I was doing one week levels but 14 is killing me. I just can’t remember the kanji! And now you have passed me!

3 Likes

Level 17 was 12 days for me! Longest one yet. As long as I do some reviews every day I’m happy.

1 Like

had a 20 day level before this and now this one will be a minimum of 15. lol. started a new job and had to kinda put things on hold for a minute. now that i’m starting to get in the swing of things, hoping that i can more easily commit to 7 day levels since i’ll be on a really strict schedule.

but no, i don’t think that’s what burnout looks like considering i had 180 lessons and 300+ reviews. down to 60 something lessons but haven’t touched reviews yet. lol. gonna finish lessons tomorrow then start cracking down on them reviews

3 Likes

oof I feel you on that one, level 12 took me almost 19 days to do when I started my new job, I did my reviews but only 5 lessons a day/no lessons, then it got better, I used to do 7 day levels, now I’m at around 9-10 days, 7 is impossible I’d just forget everything doing 25 lessons a day lol.

I’d recommend doing your reviews before anything else to decrease your workload though, leveling up can wait (and it’ll give you more lessons :stuck_out_tongue:) , reviews not so much

2 Likes

and it will be two weeks before WaniKani can be in my top 5 priorities again. Meanwhile the forgetting begins! but thanks for the encouragement. I will put in the hours to clear vocab today and tomorrow. Don’t want to clear Kanji because that will unlock lessons with new floods of apprentice material to review.

2 Likes

Not finished level 14 by any stretch of the imagination image
, but level up happened on Sunday.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! I’m happy for you :smiley:

I’m going to be level 18 for a bit as I want to get through last level’s vocabulary. I messed up with the reorder script and skipped a lot of level 16 vocabulary without realising, now I’ve fixes that and want to get done with level 17s vocabulary totally as well before finishing actual level 18 stuff.
No more reorder lessons script for me for a while…

3 Likes

It’s been forever since I checked in here, but I’m picking my way pretty nicely through Level 16 at the minute. Still on 0% for the radicals and the kanji, but I haven’t made any real errors yet and I feel like I’ve grasped them fairly handily, so I should be on course to make it through in good time. I dunno, I think I’ve got myself back into a good flow recently after quite a while not being there. Doing the backlog of reviews built up during the night over breakfast instead of waiting until I do them throughout the day with the rest that come in has helped, as well as being a lot more regular about when I do my lessons.

Plus I got my first burns yesterday :fire:

5 Likes

Congrats on the first burns! :fire: I haven’t gotten any yet… x_x

I agree, falling into a regular schedule and trying to stay disciplined has really helped me stay in my groove.