Subscribed today

I reached lvl 4, so I just subscribed^^ I’m looking forward to study with you all! And hopefully, this decision of mine will worth it
57 to go … Seems like a long journey. To be honest this third felt like forever, first and second level was both 4days 3hours(exatly, both of them lol) but I messed up level 3 and I got to 8 days, should I be worried if I did poorly this early?

40 Likes

No need to be worried. Just don’t expect to do all levels in the minimum time. You WILL fail :D. If you get too many reviews feel free to slown down with lessons a bit. Welcome

12 Likes

You didn’t mess up or do poorly :slight_smile: Not everyone goes at lightning speed, and I’m sure you’ll be fine at whatever speed you feel comfortable doing!

10 Likes

8 days is not doing poorly at all. Level 3 can’t be completed as fast as 1 and 2 anyway, with 8 days you’re just 1 day above the minimum time I believe.

8 Likes

The fastest you can ever complete a level (excluding levels 1 and 2) is 6 days and 20 hours, so 8 days is nothing to be concerned about! Good luck :+1:

6 Likes

They intentionally speed up levels 1 and 2 so it’s not too slow. As mentioned, 8 days for a regular level is very fast and close to max speed. :grin:

5 Likes

I see now, Thank you so much! I’m still really new to Wanikani so I only measured to my other levels, but now I’m relieved ^^phew

5 Likes

Congratulations on getting to level 4! Like @skymaiden said, the best speed for you is the one that allows you to establish a routine, maintain consistency, and prevent burnout. Go as fast and as much as you can as long as you can handle it. Consistency and longevity is what I think you should go for when you decide your pace.
good luck!

8 Likes

I will keep in mind :>

4 Likes

Welcome. Don’t go super fast and overwhelm yourself. Go on your pace

3 Likes

You’re doing well, and time goes by fast:

2 Likes

Can confirm that the jump in level length is to be expected:
grafik
(Level 4 mostly ended up being as long as it was because I booked the subscription through Paypal)

2 Likes

wooow, thank you for sharing your first levels. I’ll save them for reference<3

1 Like

I am a level and a half ahead of you (and subscribed last week, too!). I’m currently about 75% through Level 5 and it’s taking me longer (but that’s ok). Here is a screen shot of my progress (made two days ago, so I’ve made a bit of progress on Level 5 since then, but still on this level).

We all learn at different rates, so just be diligent with your lessons and reviews and you’ll be fine. :grinning:

2 Likes

yay We’re so close in levels :> Good luck to both of us

2 Likes

I’m on level 7 right now and discarding the short levels 1+2 (which you can do on wkstats by clicking them on the graph, it will remove them from the calculation) I’m at 8 days 18 hours average for 3-6. I doubt my brain can keep up that pace, and once I’m back in the office I’m probably not going to have as much time to study either. I’m just trying to make sure I do the first batch of lessons as soon as I unlock a level and really taking my time on kanji reviews (so far I have no trouble with radicals but kanji require a lot more thought.) Once I realised that getting the last review wrong before guru could potentially cost me 3 days stuck on the level (drop back from 4 to 3, wait a day to try again to get to 4, wait another 2 days to get to the final review) I started taking the extra time to consider my answer and make sure I was sure before I hit enter! I’m happier doing quick responses to vocabulary and getting them wrong as it doesn’t slow down level progression, I figure if my review pile becomes too big I can stop with new lessons and I won’t feel so frustrated by that because I’m choosing to go slow rather than kicking myself for rushing an answer and having to go slow. Managed to keep the daily habit up so far, and I see that as pretty much the most important bit, it’s ok to go to bed with stuff left in my review or lesson pile, as long as I’ve done something and kept the habit going for another day. I’m on about 48 days so far and I never really thought I’d learn this much so fast, definitely glad I found this place!

5 Likes

Dont worry about level speed. Just find a study pace that works for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think you messed up
Capture

20 Likes

Wow, level three took a long time for you too?
キャプチャ
By the way, I have no clue how you did level one and two in four days, lol.

2 Likes

You’re doing great. It took me a little while to figure out how WK worked. :wink:

1 Like