At which levels did you slow down?

You may vote more than once!
Almost everybody (presumably) slows down at some point or another in their WaniKani journey, whether because life gets busy or WK becomes more challenging to manage. Which level(s) caused you to step on the gas a little less and/or start using the brakes a little more?

• Level 3~6
  • Level 7~9
  • Level 11
  • Level 12
  • Level 13
  • Level 14
  • Level 15
  • Level 16
  • Level 17
  • Level 18
  • Level 19
  • Level 20
  • Level 21
  • Level 22
  • Level 23~25
  • Level 26~29
  • Level 30~35
  • Level 36~41
  • Level 42+

0 voters

I am curious!

(am doing this because I just hit level 11 and am needing to slow my progress down. Previously, levels 3 and 9 were my slowest levels, but I am guessing 11 may be longer…).

7 Likes

I didn’t :rofl:

20 Likes

Level 7. And, do you have a permit for this POLL? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Risky business.

12 Likes

19 Likes

:rofl::joy: I tried to include more than 20 poll options at first, lol.

7 Likes

Level 42 doesn’t have it’s own answer? The audacity.

14 Likes

I tried! It was initially supposed to have its own answer, but then I had to group some of the levels and that didn’t work

3 Likes

7 Likes

Good job you didn’t exceed the 20ppp(Polls Per Poll) limit, otherwise I may of had to write you a ticket.

8 Likes

Looking at my level-up chart, levels 12, 16, 17 and 33 took me two to three times as long, compared to most of the other levels.

Edit: and levels 2 and 3 took me quite a long time. I really had to find my footing with kanji. ^^

6 Likes

I liked it for you, @pragmata さん!

6 Likes

Do you think these levels took longer due to workload management, or to content, or to both?

1 Like

Believe it or not, I was thinking of you when I wrote the caveat of Almost everyone (presumably),
… and I was thinking of whoever wrote the discussion board descriptions, lol

2 Likes

I started accelerating at level 16 because I stopped school and found a job.

4 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

I think 16 and 17 were around our wedding, and 33 around our honeymoon. I used vacation mode both times, and the SRS for items being off meant poor review accuracy really kicked me in the teeth for a while. So I made sure to first get back on track before adding lessons.

I’m not sure what happened at level 12. :thinking: I must have just hit a rough patch and decided to take an extra week or so to sort things out. That would also be at a time that the workload was setting in properly, with items from App to Enlightened.

2 Likes

I’m getting lazy on level 17… not even getting my reviews to zero over the past week, as well as doing no lessons. I also really need to start grammar for real… I love procrastinating.

I guess level 9 too, but that was around the tiime of AX when I also got really lazy…

3 Likes

Still holding strong right now :slight_smile:

I may start slowing down in the next couple levels to focus on my BunPro grammar though, since I want to actually be able to construct sentences with the vocab I’ve been learning from wk

4 Likes

Level 60 made me slow down to a dead stop.

21 Likes

I got the flu during Level 7 & did reviews but just sat there at 99 lessons for a couple weeks, don’t regret having time to push the lower stuff further through the SMS tbh!

2 Likes