Letter 18

Orange :tangerine: Home Thread

Previous Part: Chapter 17 (Volume 4)
Next Part: Chapter 19

Reading

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Dec 3rd Letter 18 5 - 40 36

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

4 Likes

We are in the final stretch and it’s looking grim!

3 Likes

So did anyone catch the picture on the back cover (not sure if those show on digital. Front is as is part of every thread for volume 5, and the back is future them, but with both Kakeru and Suwa’s kid (I assume it is Naho’s but who knows?). I don’t know if it is a spoiler or not, since it is visible before you even open the book, but spoiler:ed it anyway. Very interesting…

Chapter thoughts

Also, poor Naho. I don’t think there was a way to say the right thing in that situation. Well, sometimes you should just be a listener, but it is dang hard, and in Kakeru’s mental state, that might not have been enough anyway. Slip of the tongue though, saying the grandmother will surely be okay, because she will still live in the future, but Naho couldn’t very well explain that believably, could she?

And yeah, @fyrember, certainly a turn for the grimmer, but it was bound to happen, right? :sob: :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Ack, I completely forgot Hagita! Loved getting to see his thinking more. It explains some of the things he’s done, or rather, not done. He isn’t sure changing the future is a good idea, who knows what else they might change. I really wish he got to show more of himself in this series, but I love how both he and Takako is getting more airtime in this volume (and the last).

1 Like

Comprehension-wise, I think I basically understood everything, except I can’t wrap my head around the very last page.

もしも 変えられる未来と 変えられない未来があるとしたら 翔は………

I’m not even sure where to begin with this one.

Content-wise … I love Hagita in this chapter. And (love Kakeru but) I REALLY hope Suwa and Naho end up together in the end!!! :sweat_smile: