Killing a 1k review pile [0 reviews! I did it!]

First review of the day (previous review count was 510 after I got some extra lessons. Forgot to screenshot.)

Nice

(I wasn’t actually forcing myself to reach 420, I just had a lot of energy and when I realized, I was already on 430 reviews! I decided to stop at the nice number, both because I have the sense of humor of a 10-year-old and also to not tire myself too much, since it means I can burn out. Otherwise, I could have hit 300 by now, but it’s not worth it in the long run.

Also, if only I got a 69% accuracy rate…)

I’m so glad this thread helped you out with motivation! It validates me that I’m not just yelling at the void over a big review pile. Good luck with your reviews, we can get through this.

2 Likes

I just cleared my review pile after a little more hard work, but now my upcoming review pile is going to be 89 by midnight. I guess that’s the price I pay for wanting to get through the massive mountain of 1300 reviews I had.

It does at least feel nice to have zero for the first time.

1 Like

Congrats!! You should have a couple days with more reviews than usual, but once you get all those items at a higher level, you should be all cleared out

Second review

(It was supposed to close at a clean 330 but a rogue item had to just pop up for review didn’t it.)

Another clean review with 60%, and reaching not only the 300s but the low 300s. This means the first review tomorrow is going to reach the 200s already! Nice.

I feel myself getting better. The items I’m getting wrong are the ones that were stuck waaaay back in the review pile, while the ones I’m getting wrong are mostly those I already viewed, which is good.
This means that by Sunday if I keep my pace, I should reach 0 reviews!

You’re blazing!

I’m doing something similar [here], though at a much slower pace XD

How’d you get the fire emoji next to your reviews and how much time are you spending on Wanikani daily?

1 Like

The fire emoji is the forecast detail script. It gives a fire emoji in your reviews if there are items to burn and a bunch more cool additions to the forecast
(The golden button is golden burns which gives reviews the golden color if you’re getting items to burn and colors the burned section the golden color in general
EDIT: I’m a dummy, the golden button is included with forecast detail. Golden burns only gives the gold to the section that shows how many items you have on each level, and to the level 60 people in the forums).

I’m not sure if there’s a way to find out how much time I spend on wk with some script, but I think usually spend 5 to 10 mins on each review, and I do two reviews per day spaced out by 3 to 5 hours! So 10 to 20 minutes? I never counted my time but I can do if you’re interested!

3 Likes

First review

First of all, I reached +70% accuracy! That’s so wild. I think it’s because I’m finally remembering items that I kept failing (bish bash bosh works).

And just like I imagined, I reached the 200s on my first review section. We’re getting close to a normal review batch! So exciting.

Reviews may climb up to 300s if I do reviews a bit later today, so the goal will just to keep myself at the 200s, I don’t plan on reaching the 100s by force, unless I’m feeling energetic and get to do 70+ reviews in the second round.

3 Likes

Second review

Really good results for today! 66% is higher than my average review, so I think I’ll start to get these new 65-70 scores more often. We’re reaching the final part of the jog. I was thinking of making a new study log thread once my review ends up on zero. Would you guys like that?

Tomorrow, I’ll be doing the first exam for one of the Japanese course options, it’ll be an online test. Please wish me luck! I don’t want to have studied all these verbs for nothing lol

2 Likes

First review

Just did my first exam today and boy I’m tired. Also filled with anxiety hoo boy. The first review of the day was ok, but I had to stop early just because I’m a bit tired aaaah. I’ll probably feel better later and do more later, but if I end up not reaching 100s today, I won’t be too mad.

2 Likes

first of all: LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOO
Second of all: Really good review section! Jumped back to 65%, I’m slowly but surely improving. A few dips, but that’s ok.

We’ve reached the “normal amount of lessons” area, but I’ll keep this small log going until I hit 0 reviews!
Though, it might not be tomorrow as I planned. Tomorrow’s exam is an on-site one, so I might spend some time out of touch with my pc (depending on how long I take to finish it), and I’ll probably be exhausted mentally to do many reviews. That’s ok, though, I’m proud of my progress.

2 Likes

Impressive. I was in a similar situation. I was at lvl 13 with around 900 reviews. Well after a one year break I decided to take the easy and fast way XD I resetted everything back to 0 ^^’

I wouldn’t have had the motivation and power to fight a 1000 review pile.

I can only congratulate you to your achievments with the reviews here so far. Keep it up :smiley:

1 Like

First review

70% accuracy!!! Let’s go! I lowered my reviews from 255 to 135 and showed more progress, so I’m excited. Might not finish today, but I might finally reach the hundreds in the second review! We’re are almost there!

Also, I did my second exam today. It was a bit hard, but hopefully, I’ll get it. Fingers crossed!

Thank you! It has been quite a journey, but I’m so glad I kept going.

2 Likes

Second review

All I can say: We’re almost there boys!!!

3 Likes

First review

Well, it seems like I d-

Bitch.

[5 minutes later]

With a very unsatisfying final review. I’ve done it! I have reached the grey review button. Zero. Nada. 0. 零.
Now, this doesn’t mean I’ll be jumping back to lessons asap. First, I want to clean at least some of my leeches before getting new content. My leech count is…

Yeesh.
I don’t have a specific goal right now, maybe just half my leech count in both areas? I also want fewer apprentice items in general before starting lessons, less than 50 probably.
I’m not sure if I’ll keep updating this topic or making a new one since I technically finished the goal laid here.

Whatever I do, thank you all so much for watching and supporting me in this endeavor! It was very fun

9 Likes

A quick q!

What is bish bash bosh?

Is this something that addresses leeches?

Leeches are things that are hard to remember right?

Bishbashbosh is a site that allows you to review a bunch of different items, basically!
The options are: Review all items on apprentice 1, items you failed in the last (non 100%) review or review your 10 oldest apprentices (using the time you first unlocked them to decide their age).

You also have the option to review all of the above OR review all of the above + 4 ancient gurus, which are just your 4 oldest items still in the guru phase.

It’s not something that addresses leeches in specific, but it can be helpful against them. I usually do a session of Bbb after a review with the recently failed option, which helps me as an extra review of things I’m getting wrong. I also used to do Bbb sessions right after I finished new lessons with the apprentice 1 option.

However I’m pretty sure there are leech training and study scripts that are very popular, I just don’t use them

1 Like

I reset everything to level 1. After an entire year, I was stuck on level 8. If you have the option, try not to get brain damage.

Sorry, not sure what your comment means, haha.

HUGE congratulations on getting through them all!!! That’s fantastic! :partying_face: :partying_face: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :tada: :tada:

1 Like

congrats!!!

1 Like