Japanese Language Blog

Day 47
Guys today I just couldn’t remember anything! Like I made so many silly mistakes during my reviews :cry:

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

Day 48
I hadn’t done any lessons in the past week, just cause I’ve been busy with school. But today I did about 15 or so lessons :slight_smile:

じゃね、
angie

2 Likes

Day 49
There weren’t a lot of lessons today, usually I have lessons peppered through out the day, but most of them were concentrated in the afternoon today…it’s ok but something feels like I forgot to do something :laughing:

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

Day 50
wow I’ve hit a half-century! I’m actually proud of myself! Once I finish my exams, I’m going to treat myself to some good food :yum:

じゃね、
angie

2 Likes

Day 52
Guys I missed yesterday because I had an exam and it was a hardish one and because of that I kinda neglected my reviews yesterday and I had nearly 50 to do today morning :scream_cat: But now I’m done with my semester :partying_face: so I’m going to start learning grammar. I know some basics but I want to learn more. I have Genki 1, but just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to learn Japanese grammar efficiently.

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

Day 53
I spent today doing a couple extra lessons and tried my hand at actually writing the kanji I’ve learnt. My script is not the best tho lol

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

What the best methods are probably depends a lot on who the person emplying them is, so all I can say is that for me Bunpro coupled with reading every day seems like the most efficient way to approach grammar. But do look at other alternatives before deciding, I tried out Genki, Tae Kim, and various youtube lessons before settling on Bunpro as the way for me.

Good luck with your studies:)

2 Likes

Is Bunpro paid or free? Also what type of books do you read?

AND THANKS!!!

1 Like

Day 54
urgh so many reviews…imma pause my lessons for a day or two

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

Bunpro is a paid SRS service like WK:) Similar pricing too.

Currently I just read よつばと! and stories on Satori Reader. My Japanese isn’t good enough for more advanced native content yet but I want to at least attempt Harry Potter in jp before next year.

np:)

1 Like

Ohh ok noice. I might hold off on the Bunpro for now but I’ll check out the books :grin:

1 Like

Day 55
Today’s been pretty quite to be honest. Nothing very exciting happened :relaxed:

じゃね、
angie

2 Likes

Day 56
I’ve started doing my lessons again!

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

Day 57
Today I had quite a few reviews. I also started watching ToKini Andy for grammar. I’ll see how that goes, hopefully it’ll be helpful.

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

Day 58
For Genki I’m wondering if I should have a separate book to do notes? Also is Tae Kim good for grammar, I’ve heard a lot of people talk about it.

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

It’s free and available online so I’d just read a chapter or two and see how you like it if I were you:) iirc Tae Kim doesn’t use the same kind of named characters and situations with dialogue that textbooks like Genki does, but presents information in what to me felt like a drier, more to-the-point style, which I enjoyed. But as I’ve said I’ve switched to Bunpro and didn’t stick with Tae Kim or Genki in the end, so I don’t have extensive experience with either.

Ultimately I think it comes down to your personal preference, so I’d recommend giving it a go at least.

1 Like

Oh noice. Yea I guess I just got to experiment a little.

1 Like

Day 61
Omg I just realised skipped two days :scream:!!!

But today I did over 100 reviews, that kinda cool tho ahahah.

Also I think I’m about 2 days off from levelling up!!!

じゃね、
angie

1 Like

Day 62
I only have 10 more kanji till I LEVEL UP!!!

which will probably be tomorrow

じゃね,
Angie

1 Like

Day 63
Ok I’ll be honest, I still haven’t started any of my grammar studies :frowning_face:, let’s just say I’m a little nervous to take the next step but I’m actually going to start tomorrow. I think taking notes is the best way for me to understand and digest things, cause it works for uni so technically it should work for Japanese as well :sweat_smile:

But I’ll let you guys know tomorrow!

じゃね、
angie

2 Likes