Is there a way to add Mods/Extension?

I stumbled upon a Youtube video discussing WaniKani. The guy mentioned something about Mods such as Dark Theme, Relevant Vocab, Personal Stats Feedback and much more… all user created.
(Source: Learn All 2,000 Kanji in a YEAR. WHAT. (WaniKani Review) - YouTube ; skip to 6:10)

Does any one know how I can access these?

3 Likes

The keyword you want to be using is “userscript”. You’ll find most of them in the API and Third-Party Apps section of the forums. Most of them will include basic installation instructions in their post.

5 Likes

I think they’re referring to user scripts. You’ll need a browser extension like tampermonkey to run them, after which you can install scripts created by people here in the community. A list of scripts and a link to a topic describing how to set everything up in your browser can be found in this topic: The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps. :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, userscripts are these “mods”
Off the top of my head I think it goes like this:
Install the chrome extension called Tapermonkey (one of the things you can use)
After that go to the script and install it, you don’t need to do anything besides click the button to install it. When you go to WaniKani your script should be there and ready to use

1 Like

note that some scripts will require other scripts to be present in order to work. most notably the WaniKani Open Framework ^^

1 Like