How to access Kaniwani/ KameSame

hey WaniKanians!

I´m new here and already read some threats about what to use apart from WaniKani to learn effectively Japanese. I´ve seen some of you talking about KaniWani and KameSame and wanted to give it a try too, but… I don´t get API at all :slightly_frowning_face: ! Could someone please explain me how to use The “WaniKani V2 token” thing to be able to sign in? call me stupid but I feel quite lost right now. I hope someone can help me.

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You need API tokens, they can be found here :smile: WaniKani — Log in

1 Like

thx but how do I use them? :´) Sorry for the stupid question but as I said i have no clue

Wanikani considers your data to be private. If you want to use Kaniwani or Kamesame you need to give them permission to read your data. You do this by giving them an API token.

You can get an API token here:

api

You click on the “Generate a New Token” button and the token you need will appear. For Kamesame and Kaniwani you don’t need to set the permissions options. Just use the defaults and it will be fine.

To use the token you copy and paste it into the input field of Kaniwani or Kamesame.

4 Likes

Thank you !! ^^

1 Like

\textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{Hi}} {\huge \textsf{@Moonchild05}} \textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{!}}

tenor

(oh wow this is late, sorry about that, but anyway) It’s great to have you here!

If you haven’t already check out the Forum Guidelines and the Wanikani User Guide .
There’s also tonnes of things on the forums to help you on your way such as The guide, The Ultimate resource list, and API and Third Party Apps.

If you have any questions, check out this thread; but if this doesn’t answer your questions, feel free to create a thread like you’re done here, or email The Wanikani staff.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you around!

3 Likes