Kaniwani help

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on setting up a Kaniwani account.

I don’t understand about that API thing and which settings I should have when I generate a key.

Can some help me please

Thanks in advance xx

2 Likes

Hi, I’m pretty sure you don’t need to tick any of the boxes when making a key for KaniWani or for most sites. They’re just for if you want the site/app to be able to write information back to WaniKani, which KaniWani doesn’t need to do.

2 Likes

@ioric is totally right! :slight_smile: You only need to generate a normal API token in wanikani to use it. I am using it myself.

You can decide in kaniwani when you want your wanikani items to come up at kaniwani, too. For me I switched the option to guru-items, because I wanted to study the items a bit at wanikani first before trying to memorize them - or better reproduce them - at kaniwani. Before Guru-Level I would have probably made too many mistakes at kaniwani when I first encountered new vocab, which felt pretty demotivating :joy: But try what suits your style and have fun with it! I feel like kaniwani helps me memorizing meanings and readings for wanikani as well.

Good luck on your studies!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m going to set it up tonight :blush:

Thank you for replying, I’m going to give it a go tonight :blush:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: Have fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.