DanMachi Book Club Home Thread

Polls to decide on volume two schedule!

How should we continue volume two?

• Weekly schedules
  • One thread per book
  • Not participating

0 voters

When should we start volume 2? (Only matters if we go by weekly schedule)

• 1 week break
  • More than 1 week break
  • No break
  • Not participating

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m fine with everything but I like clicking polls…

4 Likes

Ok so not many votes but with majority I guess we can take a one week break and start off volume 2 with weekly schedules, if everyones ok with that.

What speed should we read volume two at?

• Current 30 pages/week
  • 40 pages/week
  • 20 pages/week
  • Other (let me know)

0 voters

2 Likes

I will be making the volume 2 week 1 thread on may 31st, a week after finishing week 15.
Now how about a poll, what kind of copy did you read for volume 1:

• Physical
  • Ebook

0 voters

Also do you already have volume 2:

• Yes
  • No
  • More than volume 2

0 voters

2 Likes

Volume 2 starts now! :open_book:
(I updated the floflo link to the one for the second volume, if anyone is going to use it)

3 Likes

Week 2 of volume 2:

2 Likes

I’m about 3/4ths into the first book. So far the world building and systems have been pretty interesting, but I absolutely hate Bell. This comment on novelupdates summarizes my thoughts pretty well:

Major Negatives: Some readers may dislike the MC. He has a cheat ability to level up dozens of times faster than anyone else. Almost every girl falls for him (usually for no reason), while he is totally oblivious and awkward around girls. He is extremely naive or impulsive. He is always stammering with exaggerated body language. His personality does not change, he does not get any less naive or oblivious even after 9 volumes.

Sure, this is a trope (but I really dislike it). Now some people say there is some character development, so I don’t really know. I was planning to at least read the second volume, but we’ll see how far I can get. Maybe I’ve just gotten too old for 14 year old main characters (who “fall in love” with a single glance and start to dedicate their whole life towards that).

6 Likes

Looks like that commentator gave up just a tad too early. Volume 10 is literally where Bell ends up making real progress on that front. There’s progress before as well though but

That’s definitely the case for me, especially now that I have found better reading material.

4 Likes