DanMachi Volume 1 Week 5

DanMachi Home Thread

Start Date: March 9
Week 5 Reading: Page 49 - end of page 58 (10 Pages)
Last Part: この頃碌な目に遭っていない気がする。
Word List: FloFlo
Previous Week: Week 4
Next Week: Week 6

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
  • I am reading along
  • I have already read this part
  • I haven’t reached this part yet

0 voters

3 Likes

Im almost finished up on this part, where the tavern waitress ran into Bell. These last few pages were really sweet, and she was also really a sweet character in the anime too.

I remember finding her attitude super suspicious. I thought “she must be scheming something”. Plus, they meet just after Bell senses someone staring intensely at him, so the timing was suspicious too.

Honestly, three volumes in, the jury is still out on her.

3 Likes

True, it all started pretty suspicious, might just take a twist later on in the story.

I wish I could read that fast!!!

2 Likes

Just keep reading and your speed will increase naturally :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Week 6 thread:

2 Likes

for more first impressions, the waitress definitely seemed suspicious - handing over a 魔石 that’s not supposed to be there. Though at this point I wouldn’t put it past ベル to have indeed just missed it.

I loved the scene with the kobolds, or rather how the scene was set with all the fighting noises in between a short history lesson. Wonder what’s going on that he’s running into all these unlikely monster (groupings). Secret luck stat? :smiley: That nice stone? :smiley:

3 Likes

Some things will be made clear later in this volume. Some things will have to wait until volume 4. :upside_down_face:

And some other things will have to wait until the end of volume 8.

3 Likes

… How far have you read? :eyes:

1 Like

Currently on volume 10.

1 Like