チーズスイートホーム: Vol 6 Discussion (Chapters 93-110)

Join the チーズスイートホーム Book Club here!

Chapters 93-110(Volume 6)

Chi-6

Start date: March 20th
Previous Chapter: Chapters 75-92 (vol 5)
Next Chapter: Chapters 111-128 (vol 7)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapters and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :cat:

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 March 20th Chapters 93-95
Week 2 March 27th Chapters 96-98
Week 3 April 2nd Chapters 99-101
Week 4 April 9th Chapters 102-104
Week 5 April 16th Chapters 105-107
Week 6 April 23rd Chapters 108-110+bonus

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

4 Likes

I own Volumes 1 to 7 (bought at a Book Off in Japan), and I’m currently looking for Volumes 8 to 12, but it seems that Volumes 10/11/12 are pretty difficult to find outside from Japan (not on amazon.jp nor kinokuniya website). How/where did you buy them?

Ch93

Poor お母さん, she tries to catch Chi but she is only making the situation worse!

Ch94

I love the face of Chi when she is vexed! (page 13 or 16)
“There are so many ダメthings in this home, it’s not funny”

Ch95

Pigeon 1 - 0 Chi
And… a new little cat!! He does not seem nice.

(I already read half of this volume last week, I was not able to control myself, but at least I will try posting every week).

2 Likes

I got vol 10 on amazon.jp but 11 and 12 were already missing :-/ I think I will use https://neokyo.com/ to get them as I did for vol 1. And I should probably do that soon-ish as I don’t know how long it will take the parcel to arrive with the current global situation :thinking:

I’ll read the chapters tomorrow.

1 Like
Ch93

That was to be expected but she had to try. Also, she now have to clean the shirt once again :x

Ch94

Haha, you know that Chi really is a cat because she does everything that she should not xD
Also, yes, you have to be as careful with her as you were with baby Youhei ^^
That face at the end: “I dare you to make me go out of the box!” :joy_cat:

Ch95

え・も・の x) Also, that mischievous face afterward :')
Since when a bird simply run from a cat instead of flying away?
Also, why would it lead her to it’s flock? oO
That’s more like it! Sorry little Chi, you’ll have to be more discreet next time!
Oh? A new face!

Indeed, he probably is bad news. From the drawing on the back of the cover, it feels like he is the kind to do every stupid thing in the book and use nice kittens like Chi for his own gain, even if it’s only to have his fun.

1 Like
Ch93

I mean… even if Chi stepped on the dust cloth, would that have helped much? I kinda think you need to wipe her paws with some force to get the it clean, right? >.<

nyaa~

1 Like
Ch93

Yes, she would have stepped on it then continued to walk ^^’ Or she might have decided to nap on it, you never know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Today, I’ll try writing my comments in japanese!

Ch96

自分のいいところを見つけるのは難しいですよね!
チーのお母さんを見ました!

Ch97

チーと新しい猫は大違います!チーは可愛くて優しいですけど、新しい猫は反抗的なティーンエイジャーみたいに話します。
新しい猫と友達になりますか?

Ch98

猫の生活は大変だ!

2 Likes

@koalou Have you gave up reading Chi’s?

Ch99

You don’t need a lot of things to please a cat! Paper bags, plastic and cardboard are so fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch100

Did they forget they have a cat? You do not leave food alone if you don’t want your cat to try it before you. I love the birthday photo :heart: Youhei should not cry, Chi left a lot of cake and did not open the present completely!!

Ch101

I like seeing them playing, even if they argue sometimes, it doesn’t last long!

3 Likes

No! But I only had the time to read ch96 and half of ch97 this week :slightly_frowning_face: I promise I’ll catch up today!

2 Likes

Ok, 6 chapters at once, let’s do this!

Ch96

The eternal quest for a good sleeping spot ^^
Hopefully, she won’t get lost again

ええ!

Not only Chi doesn’t recognize her family but the mother doesn’t see her. Doesn’t she look around? oO

Ch97

「オレ様」, really?
Why does he use kanjis? He doesn’t seem much older than Chi… Is it because she was not taught by her mother? (Or maybe he is older than he looks)
I feel like the new cat didn’t know what playing is but doesn’t want to admit it (nor admit that it was fun and that he wants to continue :stuck_out_tongue:)

Do you mean “チーと新しい猫は友達になりますか?”? (“Will Chi and the new cat be friends?” if I’m not wrong; DeepL agrees)
If so: yes, they will (it the power of the MC in a cute manga :stuck_out_tongue:)
And if the question was “Do you want them to be friend”, I don’t know… He seems like a bad influence but she might make him go to the bright side of the Force :smirk_cat:

Ch98

She did not get lost!
And the dog is rude! He could slow down to let her keep up! :stuck_out_tongue:

So hard, yes: play and sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch99

Haha, too bad they did not already have a ビデオカメラ to record Chi playing while they get this one out of the boy :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, why put the camera in front of Chi? She’ll either don’t care or break it :')

Earlier today, I had one (not mine, a lot of cats come to my garden) play with a bit of string to distract him and prevent him from attacking our chicks (as in baby chicken, they should have been in my mom’s classroom but with the lockdown…)

Ch100

They are leaving a cake and a box on the table with a kitten in the room… are they crazy? oO
She could have done way more damage than that.
Poor Youhei :crying_cat_face:

Yeah but it was his job to mess everything up, not her :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch101

That moment Youhei catch Chi’s paw in the box x)
P71, Chi seems to feel betrayed and alone :crying_cat_face:
That case on the lower right of p73 :3
Cute end of chapter <3

Yes =)

For anyone wondering: yes, it is the same day as my previous message here, I even have 4 hours to spare :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That means we are in the same time zone =D
Maybe I knew already… I lose track :rofl:

I read all 6 chapters today too!

I’ll just put one box for my thought, not separate by chapters:

96-101

She was so close to her family! But they didn’t see each other.

I think the other kitten might be slightly older, or just “more mature” (in a “hardened by life” type of wait, he does act bratty enough :wink: )

Leaving food out expecting the cat not to touch it? :rofl:
But, how old is he anyway? They didn’t say… First volume he seemed so young, with toilet issues and everything.
Then they leave him alone? I think he is too young to be left alone… 10 minute, sure, but not THIS long… They make it seem like hours. But at the same time they left a note, so he must be old enough to read =P

3 Likes

Well, I think I said once or twice in this book club that my timezone is CET (or CEST if it was summer at the time) ^^

96-101

Maybe it’s because he has siblings? :stuck_out_tongue:

They are 4 candles so I assume he is now 4 years old :thinking:

I agree.

That should not be the case if he really is only 4. Either the number of candles has nothing to do with his age or the author doesn’t have any 4 y.o. kid on hand to know what it is like :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We don’t use that term, so would have assumed America :rofl:
GMT+ 1 :wink:
The world can never agree on anything, including what to call time zones :rofl:
Time right now is 20:30 though, so when you posted I too had 4 hour left till the day ends, so sounds like we are in same zone, but different countries using different terms =P (Norway her by the way =P )

hm

4 candles! Of cause! And I did assume either 3 or 4 as the most likely.
And yeah, I assume it is the creator who is used to one very brilliant child, or just over assume :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t even know what normal people use here :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m used to using UTC±X and forgot about GMT while taping ^^’ (And I know a lot of people don’t know about UTC so didn’t use it)
Also, it is CEST since last week, I forgot u_u’ (It was “fun” to wake up and see that all my reviews where early…)
(And it will be “fun” in a couple years, since the UE said no more time changing and every country chooses which hour to keep…)

I know, I looked at your profile (nice Deviantart btw :3) and also read you say it elsewhere, including in this message (to which I answered, talking about my country. Can you see it? It’s the second word :stuck_out_tongue: To be fair, I didn’t write that it is where I am)

hm

On the other paw, seeing how human-like cats are in this manga, maybe the humans are all super-humans :thinking:

1 Like

I had a feeling we had talked about it before! =D
We are not IN the EU, but surrounded by it. So we are all begging to follow! If everyone else stops changing the time, we should too. I hate it XD
I woke up all confused, I slept THAT long?!!! I didn’t know we were turning the clock!
I know we do it around this time, but no one had talked about it so completely slipped my mind =P

1 Like

Oh! right! I already have a hard time with France’s geography, I don’t really remember who is part of the EU or not ^^’ (I mean… File:Supranational European Bodies.svg - Wikipedia so simple, right? :unamused:)

But will you keep the summer time or winter time? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, same here x) except I was really tired so did not find it too strange.

I didn’t even thought of checking when it was supposed to happen after hearing that the US had theirs the week before or something like that u_u’

1 Like

I don’t care as long as we pick one and keep it! :rofl:
They call summer time standard though, and winter is “daylight saving time”, so I am guessing summer would be kept.

I had to have a friend remind we that we set the clock when I commented how long I had slept =P

1 Like

It’s the opposite here ^^ (if not for political/economical reasons, we should be on GMT, not GMT+1… (+1 again in summer))
I do hope we keep the winter time* but I don’t think that we will u_u
* There is no more “saving” during the summer nowadays and we are right below the UK so why not have the same TZ? It will be closer to the “sun time” so better for the body.

My mom told me after hers told her :stuck_out_tongue: she didn’t realize either as she check the time on her phone x)
Oh! I just saw that I did not change the time on my (not-smart-)watch (which also is 2 days late because I forgot to change the date after Feb 29th :’))

Well, that was definitively on topic cough

1 Like
Ch97

Yes, I meant that, thanks for the correction!! :sweat_smile:

@koalou So you’re from France? Me too :wink:

2 Likes

Well, at least you tried ^^ Not like others… looks in the mirror… u_u

:scream_cat:
While I knew they were other french people here, what were the odds of having two of the three active people of the book club from the same country? x) (or four people if you count 2OC3aOdKgwSGlxfz but they only likes messages now :slightly_frowning_face:)

3 Likes