チーズスイートホーム: Vol 11 Discussion (Chapters 183-200)

Join the チーズスイートホーム Book Club here!

Chapters 183-200 (Volume 11)

Chi-11

Start date: October 16
Previous Chapter: Chapters 165-182 (vol 10)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapters and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :cat:

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 October 16 Chapters 183-185
Week 2 October 23 Chapters 186-188
Week 3 October 30 Chapters 189-191
Week 4 November 6 Chapters 192-194
Week 5 November 13 Chapters 195-197
Week 6 November 20 Chapters 198-200

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

2 Likes
Ch183

The cousin is back! Will she try to take チー with her?
Is that a Wii? I was about to say “but I thought that this story was older than that” before remembering that the Wii is old… And now I feel old u_u
I wonder who the character on the screen is :thinking: (not :stuck_out_tongue:)
So, the real problem with game consoles isn’t that kids don’t play together but that they don’t play with the cat! x)
チー is lonely :crying_cat_face:

Ch184

Good bye mom and ヨウヘイ!
Oh! The cat-flap is there! So, it is inside the apartment? oO Is it to let the cat go to all rooms and not to go in and out?
Don’t worry チー, they will be back :slight_smile:

Ch185

Pretty uneventful chapter; until the last page, I was worried the dad let the window closed and that she would be locked in the living room.

2 Likes
Ch183

Nah they only offered cause they weren’t allowed to own her where they lived.
Been so long since I played Wii, seeing the controller used sideways looks so weird!

Ch184

Confusing! That would lead to so much marking in the hallways O_o

Ch185

Huh…? Looks like he is doing some kind of artwork… I thought he was a translator…
Oh! I think that was Yotsuba’s dad! :rofl:
Both of them work from home, got them confused =P
Do we know what specifically he does? Graphic Design, illustration? Mangas, cause they like to write themselves into stories? =P

2 Likes

Wikipedia says “graphic designer” but I don’t think we were told about it (yet?) :thinking:

2 Likes

They might have mentioned it in passing, or possibly been said in an interview rather than in the manga itself.

2 Likes

Maybe in the bit I don’t read at the end of each volume :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Exactly. I ignore those too =P

2 Likes

Well, new lockdown starting tomorrow night for at least a month… great…
Fortunately, I still have to read this week’s chapters; quick, チー, come cheer me up! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch186

What is this hesitation for? Is she hoping to see the mom and ヨウヘイ appear as she leaves?

Mom? ヨウヘイ? What are those? There is a LEAF!!!

Once again, she lost her train of thoughts :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh… a mom and a child… I’m mad again è_é

Well, コッチ, there are two big differences (that you could have spotted) between you situation and Chi’s:
1/ she was left in the house, not in a box in the park…
2/ one of the humans stayed with her
(Although, yes, maybe the dad was abandoned as well :stuck_out_tongue:)

Ch187

Look where you are going チー, don’t get in front of a car!
Wants to hug チー :hugs:

Ch188

Damn! I wanted to feel better, not worse :crying_cat_face:
I hope next chapters will be happier… also, I hope she’ll meet her mother soon…

2 Likes
Ch189

For a sec I feared that she would refuse to go play :scream_cat:
Do you think the other cats manipulated the human boy to run around and make チー go out of hiding? :face_with_monocle:
Oh! I’m not the only one to seem a similarity between チー calling for her humans and her mother calling for her :thinking:
THE MOM IS HERE!!! :scream_cat:

Ch190

Noooo! Don’t let your mom go チー!!!
The mom saw チー!!! :orange_heart:
Wait… her name should have been セーラ? Should we change how name her as well? I mean… it still feels weird to call her “pee” :stuck_out_tongue:
Ow :x The mom must be in world of hurt right nyao :crying_cat_face:
I don’t know how I imagined the meeting but I definitively didn’t expect that :confused:
Aw :3 The mom followed her, she will probably try her luck again! I do want that to happen and for them to be reunited (but for セーラチー to still live with her current humans slaves :stuck_out_tongue:)

Ch191

They’re back! やった \o/
It’s so cute how she gets in between them because she missed them :3
And now she’s afraid that they will leave whenever they move x) (seems accurate to me)
Aaaawwww :3 :hugs:
Way better chapters that last week! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
Ch186

The two have lived such different lives, such vastly different experiences. It is hard for either of them to fully understand the other’s situation, yet they understand each other on a deeper level, except when they don’t :wink:

Ch187

"Chi has always been part of the family! Oh, wait… this is where I first met them O_o "

Ch188

She is starting to puzzle it together, and then her siblings are there… Will she be able to add it up?

Off to do some reviews, then the next batch! =D

2 Likes

Is your profile pic your Halloween costume?

Ch186

x)

Ch187

Well, when you’re upset, you don’t think that much :person_shrugging:

頑張って!

1 Like

Yeah, it was my costume <3
Well, the snake was just for the picture =P

Ch189

I can hear their call, the sound they make is such a special one, a heart-wrenching sound.

Ch190

チーwill. always be チー. But I love that we get to know what she was originally named. It wouldn’t make sense for her name to just happen to be guessed by her new family :wink:
They did that in a Lassie movie, and it irked me XD
I much prefer the old and the new home calling them different things =)
Most of my pets were renamed when I got them, even though I knew what they had been called =P

Ch191

Yay! Home again! Never leave, not even for a drink :rofl:

Got 90 reviews done. 153 left, hoping to finally hit zero for the first time in a month XD

2 Likes

What?! You didn’t go ask for candies with a live snake on your head? That’s a shame… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch190

Yeah, that would have been a bad move from the author… Especially with such a “name” xD

And here I am, complaining when I have any review… which is about every hour xD And I’ll miss it when I really won’t have any :stuck_out_tongue: I’m already checking multiple times when I have a free hour, in case I misread x)

You can do it! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

So very tempting! The kids would love it! but the law forbids it O_o
We are barely allowed to own them, and technically not allowed to bring them out in our own yard even XD (they are scared of escapes)
We recently celebrated 3 years since they allowed a few chosen reptiles again, after being strictly forbidden since the 70’s O_o

2 Likes

I’m not sure the parents would x)

Can’t you put them on a leash? :stuck_out_tongue: (just kidding)

wow oO

1 Like

Not even joking, most kids loves them, while adults are the scared ones :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I expected as much ^^

A few weeks ago, on my way home from work, someone was trying to take a picture of a snake without coming too close because they were afraid. The snake was already dead… (probably ran over but I didn’t stop to look as I was late for my reviews :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Meow, I just realized this probably should be 198-200…

1 Like

Indeed. It’s nyao fixed here and in the book club’s thread, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like
Ch192

Putting チー on your head wasn’t a good idea, little ヨウヘイ ^^
Also, am I the only one finding strange that チー is simply curious and did not recognize the fish as food that she should confiscate for herself? (through smell at least)
Happy チー is happy :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch193

p86 => that was a flag, wasn’t it?
Yup, it was a flag…
Did he just say “Bonjour”? xD
The mom is here!!!
Poor mommy :crying_cat_face:

Ch194

So, he did say “Bonjour”
What will they do? I want to read mooooore! T_T

2 Likes