チーズスイートホーム: Vol 8 Discussion (Chapters 129-146)

Join the チーズスイートホーム Book Club here!

Chapters 129-146 (Volume 8)

chi-8

Start date: June 12th
Previous Chapter: Chapters 111-128 (vol 7)
Next Chapter: Chapters 147-164 (vol 9)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapters and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :cat:

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 June 12th Chapters 129-131
Week 2 June 19th Chapters 132-134
Week 3 June 26th Chapters 135-137
Week 4 July 3rd Chapters 138-140
Week 5 July 9th Chapters 141-143
Week 6 July 16th Chapters 144-146+bonus

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

2 Likes
Ch129

Poor cupboard x)
Doesn’t the mom know, by now, that everything is a game for a kitten and that moving a colorful-fluffy-thingy in front Chi is a bad idea?
もしもし, gravityさん?
Did time stop to let Chi turn around? :thinking:
Now that she knows how to fall on her paws, nothing can stop her!

Ch130

ヨウヘイ has human friends!!!
She is very polite, isn’t she? Most cats won’t bother saying いってきます

• Something is missing right nyao in my life, but what? :thinking:
  • Hi~! I’m here!
  • Chi! That’s what was… I mean… Don’t bother the great me, hmpf!

You should be more honest about your feeling little コッチ :stuck_out_tongue:

Tries to make Chi beg for him to stay and play by making it seems like he is leaving
It’s not very effective
“畜生! You can’t play without me!”

Ch131

Is コッチ imagining his mother or something? xD
In other manga, one of them would be worrying about Chi getting pregnant at that point. But I guess it’s not for the same public :stuck_out_tongue:

I almost started reading the next chapter. I wonder if they will need the help of the black one to get out of this ^^

2 Likes

I have been so busy last few weeks I fell behind on all my readings! Came here to see how far behind I am… and there is one whole comment =P
Guess most have fallen off, and the few who are left comes in waves… =P

Ch129

Oh, that was a chapter! I thought it was one fo those “a few pages before the chapter starts” that other mangas does :rofl:
Magical turning ability unlocked! :wink:
I like how they actually drew the correct steps for turning too! =D

Ch130

Other than the cousin from the country we haven’t really seen ヨウヘイ with other kids before, have we?
Haha yes, playing hard to get, failing to actually not care :wink:

Ch131

Why am I behind on reading when it is THIS fast?! =P
Short and sweet. Loved the paw in the box joke :wink:
Not gonna lie, I had to look on next page just to see if they got out =P

2 Likes

Yeah, we lost everyone :crying_cat_face:
I wanted to catch up today but had a little too much to drink during lunch :stuck_out_tongue: (and now we have guests; it’s my first time replying by mail, I don’t know how well it works…)
I’ll read the 6 chapters and your comments tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m here meow~ It’s just that most of the time I don’t know what to say :stuck_out_tongue:
I am still keeping up with the club meow~ =^.^=

2 Likes

Had to send it again because I did not use the correct address as source ^^’ But got a badge for it \o/

Ok, let me rephrase it: we three lost everyone else :crying_cat_face:

Hmm… What about writing fake internal monologues for Chi? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch130

We indeed have not. Although we know from last volume that he goes to kindergarten (since Chi failed to follow him properly when he went there) so it is to be expected that he would make friends.

Ch131

Lack of time/motivation?
I have to admit that I really don’t feel like reading in japanese after a day of work :x which is why I do it on week-ends but don’t always take the time… :frowning_face:

Of course they do or it would be the last volume :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue:

And now, this

Ch132

I wonder what is the age difference between チー and コッチ, they really behave the same sometimes ^^
Chi has too much imagination for her own good x)
And コッチ is way too much on edge xD

Ch133

wow, they found a treasure! Not… damn humans, littering the environment :unamused:
They found an undead hand!!! :scream_cat: Not.
So, kids, was this date in the horror house fun? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch134

Rule n°1 of any manga: if you make fun of something you normally fear because you are sure to be safe, it will bite you in the *** (lick you in this case xD)
Chi, hiding is only effective if the one(s) you are hiding from doesn’t see you go into hiding ^^’
Well, someone ought to train to jump higher :3
Glad I have to read the following chapters, the suspense would kill me otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch135

She learned to run vertically pretty quickly x)
It seems to me that Chi’s speech “bubbles” only use カタカナ for “names” (チー、クロいの、コッチ) and onomatopoeia (ポコポコ) but 犬 is written in katakana, does she think that it’s the name of the dog? :joy_cat:
Can someone call the firefighters? (or anyone in charge of saving kittens in trees in Japan)
Oh! I know! Wouldn’t be fun if they were saved by キキ (from 魔女の宅急便)? :stuck_out_tongue:
“Let’s climb down! … Nope! Even Iオレ様 can’t…”
“Let’s jump :3” “Are you crazy! :scream_cat:” “Nah~ It’ll be fi~ine :3”
Chi can’t die, MC power and all, but what about Kocchi? :fearful: Oh! no, it’s a mange for kids so he’ll be fine :relieved:

Ch136

Congratz Kocchi, because of you Chi is petrified… u_u
She still hasn’t accepted that she is a cat… é_è
It’s a Bird… It’s a Plane … It’s a Kittenチー!

Ch137

Don’t these humans ever learn? Clean after yourselves, fools!
Do you think that she’ll finally accept that she is from a superior species now that she feels alone, eating cat food while the humans eat crisps?

2 Likes

I changed computer (and OS) and I can’t get any IME to work :crying_cat_face: I hope I’ll find a way to fix this soon…(everything else works better than before) In the meantime, no kanji or kana in this post :-/

Ch138

So many napping spots, how to chooooose? :stuck_out_tongue:
In her mind, Youhei is now a reverse-God: “Let there be shadow!” :smirk_cat:
Haha, this kid is half cat, isn’t he? :stuck_out_tongue:
So cuuuuute~! :heart_eyes_cat:

Ch139

A :frog:! If it starts making music, you should run away :stuck_out_tongue:
It is taunting Chi! What a bad frog!
xD

Ch140

She’s surrounded! :scream_cat:
So, Kocchi > Milk? :thinking:
Something bad is about to happen, isn’t?

2 Likes

19 days later I finally find time to read again :rofl:
It’s really not lack of motivation, just so much going on =P
But I always prioritise Chi first, since it is the fastest read of my groups and the one I comment most (mostly silently following along on the others)

Ch132

I think they are more or less same age. Maybe only days to a week separating them. At least that’s how I see them =)
I love how jumpy cats can be. And if one jumps the others will too! never fails :rofl:

Ch133

Haha yes, I was thinking the same thing, that glove DID look like some horrible zombie hand! =D

Ch134

Bwahaha, that is SO true! :rofl:
Glad it looks to be super friendly!
My dogs are like this too, super hyper if they see cats! But all they want is to be friends <3

Ch135

It’s Japan, if they decided to kill of a kitten, even in a children’s manga, I wouldn’t even be surprised =P
Also seen statements that Chi is targeted at middle-aged men (which is why the dad has more screen time than the mom and child :wink: )

Ch136

Looks like the end there, Chi finally realises she is a cat (or at least consider it =P )

Ch137

never turn your back on a cat! Not even when you think they’re not home :wink:

Ch138

Denial, such denial :rofl:
At least she seems to get closer to accepting the reality; she IS a cat :wink:

Ch139

Short and sweet! What aHUGE toad!!! O_o

Ch140

Aww, her friend is even more important than the call of milk!! <3

2 Likes
Ch132

Probably, yes

Ch134

But the cat doesn’t always understand/accept that :frowning_face:

Ch135

>_<

Whaaaaaaat?! :scream_cat:

And now, for the two weeks worth of chapters I have to read:

Ch141

I don’t know what Kotchi came here to do but he was quick to change gears and play with Chi ^^
mugiwara no Chi! (still no IME :x)
Ok, Chi… we need you to learn a new concept: discretion u_u’
The old man will not be happy…

Ch142

Hmm… Chi… it’s not a game, you know, you should flee for your furlife, not play tag with the old man…
You should never go back to the place of your crime! :stuck_out_tongue:
And it’s especially a bad idea to hide inside when you could have waited in the bushes…
I hope she won’t stay there too long :frowning:

Ch143

And now, she regrets not finishing her milk ^^’
Poor old man, he just put everything back in order…
But at least he was still nearby and heard the noise, she might escape whilst he cleans up once again.

Ch144

Spotted!
Grabbed? :scream_cat:
Kotchi is still looking for her, he cares about her <3
How do you think the humans would have reacted if they saw Chi and Kotchi in the tree a few chapters back? :stuck_out_tongue:
For the milk! For the family! Chaaaaaarge! :grin:
She needs a bath…

Ch145

It would have been better for one of them to stay home in case she went back :thinking:
Hmm… Kotchi? If you want to get back at her for dirtying you, perhaps you should use the side that’s already dirty, not the other one ^^’
hai, yokkatayo!
xD
Being washed exhausted her so much that she couldn’t even drink her milk :joy_cat:

Ch146

Go back to the box! … Safe!
Poor Chi ^^
And that’s how Chi died of hunger… The next volume will introduce her replacement! (I hope not :crying_cat_face:)

That’s the end of the book! Next week, we can open volume 9 (and I really need to take the time to order the 11th and 12th books…)

2 Likes
Ch146

I totally got an itch in my eye while reading this >.<

Yey, another volume down. 4 more to go~

1 Like

I won’t have time to do the next chapters tomorrow, but maybe Monday.
but, just love the email I got! :rofl:

Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch Ch :rofl:

3 Likes

New volume, new thread =)

Come on @Toyger, Monday came and passed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Monday was a maybe, a vague hope as I knew I’d be busy other days :wink:
I’m still battling review backlog :sob: (Last time I had a zero will be two weeks tomorrow)

1 Like
Ch141

I think maybe it was just a cool safe place for sleeps, in his feral view that shed would be a castle

Ch142

Ah yes, his “secret base”! I just learned that word from Fruits Basket yesterday! Fun seeing it again already!
And bad idea, I vote for bush too :wink:

Ch143

Well that is one way to do it, wreak it all again to get his attention! (poor guy =P )

Ch144

So many dangers, all of them true! Part of the reason I have indoor cats! (I also live by a very dangerous road)

Ch145

MILK? Milk… no… NOOOOO!!! :rofl:

Ch146

I hate collars like that, I use them as little as possible. They hate them :rofl:
They serve their purpose when absolute needed though =P

End of book 8!
I know we are few left and all of us going in leaps and bounds, but let’s finish this series together! <3

2 Likes
Ch141

So, he is inviting Chi to his home? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ch146

I don’t think they had much of a choice here.
But yeah… imagine wearing this… :x

Yeah! <3
And perhaps we could shake awake some of the ones that left :thinking:

1 Like

Chi is such an easy read, even if they are a few volumes behind they can catch up! I did earlier :rofl: (or was that Yotsuba? Well, that one is much harder than Chi, so my point still stands :wink: )

1 Like