24 Likes

茶 is my thing… super nice looking and its meaning appeals to me being British

9 Likes

私, the shape of it is just awesome.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Dunno why, it looks fancy.

4 Likes

Maybe 受. It has a nice symmetry and it’s fun to write.

3 Likes

My favorite Kanji is probably 燕 because of the symmetry.

I also like 教 and anything that has the 士 radical.

I would love 鬱 (again symmetry) if it wasn’t so damn ugly.

6 Likes

Ah, really? Cleat radical is so difficult for me. xD

I like writing the drunkard radical. c:

4 Likes

When I write the cleat radical I always connect the first two strokes. Is that cheating?

2 Likes

5 Likes

I like 歯. I really like the balance of it and the way it flows when writing it by hand.

5 Likes

Well, what standard are you going for? You’d get no points on the Kanji Kentei, but so would most Japanese people’s regular handwriting.

4 Likes

冬 + 幽 = <3

Both are a pleasure to write and aesthetically pleasing to me.

3 Likes

凹 and 凸
At least that’s what first came to mind today. I think it’s really neat how the shapes suggest the meanings.

13 Likes

一, because was the first kanji I really understood.

3 Likes

“Are you certain?”
“Yes, cross my heart.”

Could’ve been the mnemonic…

36 Likes

I hope to answer this again once I’m finished with WaniKani. Besides, why is it so much easier to think about the ones I hate? lol (jk I know the answer)
Ok, so far, I really like 休 (rest) because of the mnemonic for it: the leader resting under a tree. I picture my favorite character, who happens to be a leader, there. That mental picture also works for the reading, きゅう, because what would be cuter than my dear favorite character lying there, under that tree? u_u sighs
Also, there is something relaxing about it all

5 Likes

My favorite would be 咒, cause it reminds me of some mystical ancient rune. Also because of 神咒神威神楽, since I enjoy Masada’s work immensely (despite his overwhelmingly difficult prose).

6 Likes

海 is my favourite. I love everything that’s written as かい because I associate it with Dragonball. And I love One Piece, so うみ is really easy to remember. On top of that it just looks really cool to me! So this dude here is my buddy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is exactly what came to my mind too! :thumbsup:

3 Likes