...what the heck is going on here level 51?

Dude… I burned that things like a million years ago… am I going insane or something… don’t answer that, I am… as can be seen here: The Truth of WaniKani Levels

However… nevermind that.

I don’t remember relearning it? Why is it there?

1 Like

As far as I understand it’s because they changed what level it appears in. It used to be a low level kanji but they moved it to level 51 (i think because a lot of the time it’s just spelled in kana, not kanji? Or something?). And that’s why it showed up again for you, even if you’ve already burned it.

4 Likes

It’s been moved. I’m level 21 and I’ve learned 又 which is currently a level 51 kanji.

1 Like

Yup, WaniKani makes little changes to their content all the time, and you can see some recent ones here: WaniKani Content Additions: Ongoing from April 29, 2021

On August 26, they moved 又 from level 2 to level 51. They explained the reasoning behind it in this reply to the thread:

We originally put 又 in a low level because of its visual simplicity, but over the years we noticed that beginners tend to use 又 in simple expressions like またね, which are always written in kana. To avoid the confusion, we decided to make an exception for 又 and move it up to a much higher level! This won’t happen often, it just makes sense in this particular case :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.