What happened to Koichi?

Time for my eternal rest

7 Likes

when @Kumirei says itā€™s the ā€œactual linkā€

When you mouse over it and it says ā€œyoutubeā€

14 Likes

Is that really what it says now?! :laughing: I clearly remember it had to do with a mouthful of pointy teeth sticking out jaggedly.

2 Likes

I have a feeling Mrs. Chou is behind all thisā€¦

19 Likes

I clicked this and you got meā€¦Iā€™m sure itā€™s not the first time. I should know better by now.

On the other hand, thereā€™s never a bad time for Rick Astley. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Same. hangs head in shame

9 Likes

This makes me happy

14 Likes

Iā€™ve been following this discussion with some interest - as a recent newcomer.

But, my view of a community and a forum is slightly different. This is not the first forum Iā€™ve gotten involved with more intensely, just recently. And from my experience, all forums goes through this phase of generations of ā€œforumersā€ - and WK is no different. Itā€™s sad, but a fact of online life I find.

Rather than digging up the past, and just looking back - how about looking toward the future! How to make the present more lively? If some threads are under-used - are they still needed (?) -or is there a different angle that is more important to emphasize to reignite interest in the theme.

I think, staying with the times is the only way to make a forum stay relevant. It needs the glue of common experience - as much as we can have by not living in the same country.

Still, we try to reach out and want contact. I think we all do - by being here! So, from my experience of WK and the forum is that every new user is getting a chance to shine and see what happens. Thatā€™s great for the future, even if it feels lacking at times in the present (that just life as it is - always lacking) - myeouthinks! :wink:
index

17 Likes

Hmmm still curious what happened to Koichi. I mean, was he:

• kidnapped for his nice mouth
  • crushed in a freak construction accident
  • impaled by a rogue piceratops
  • decapitated by a low doorway
  • mugged in the street for his é«˜ć„ goods
  • boiled to death in a pot of mixinā€™s

0 voters

I have to know, and I think this poll is the only empirical way to find out. :male_detective:

8 Likes

Pinging @Naphthalene or @plantron to be my mercy durt-angel and give my post here its 50th like

6 Likes

The deed is done :durtle_stabby:

7 Likes

You shall be spared when the durtvolution rises

:durtle_officer:

10 Likes

maybe he earn enough money and get dentist surgery XD

3 Likes

Itā€™s not actually a phase, itā€™s a continuous process. As long as the forum is active, there are bound to be more and more generations of forumers. All the famous forumers have been just newcomers at some point. And many (potentially, all) current newcomers will eventually become famous forumersā€¦ Itā€™s a natural process.

4 Likes

Well, I agree. Itā€™s more of a slowly developing process than a set block of time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Of course, we will always be the greatest generation, unlike those awful people that came before, and the wippersnappers that will come after ruining everything :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s not a lamp

3 Likes

Oh goodness what have I done?

5 Likes

Pretty much the same experience as me.

It was easier to participate in the old forum when pretty much everyone knew everyone - it contributed to Japanese progress rather than detracted from it.

3 Likes

True, thatā€™s not a lamp, thatā€™s @TheVegpieMunch 恕悓 who used to be @theghostofdenzo the lampā€¦ Now he is neither @theghostofdenzo nor a lampā€¦

3 Likes