What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Darn, I was hoping there would be an easy fix. :<
I’ve sent them an email, so we’ll see what they say.

I wished there was following script :wink:
A script that shows the corresponding radical when hovering over the radical name in the mnemoic.

2 Likes

Soft Reset

Resurrection manager at the selected lower level, then additional auto-resurrect after Guru, and eventual Lv+1 auto-resurrection.

By this way, un-resurrect (i.e. sending back to Burn) is always an option.

What haven’t been Burned might eventually get wrong and fall back to Guru / Apprentice, anyway.

Coupled with level-ascending re-order (native or not), this might make long vacation manageable.

Review Summary script at end of review queue that shows what items you got wrong, and how you confused them with other items.

Why I think this will be really useful for many people:

• ConfusionGuesser is an immensely useful script to study how you confused an item with another item. But it will only show it for one item during the review queue.
  • The review summary is currently gone due to the recent WK UI update. So, there is no possibility to carefully re-check what items you got wrong and how.

I believe the script will solve both issues:

• having finally again a review summary
  • improving on the traditional review summary we knew by showing what you confused them with regarding reading and meaning.

Some thoughts about how to accomplish this

• WK seems to issue an event didCompleteSubject for which you will be transferred back to the dashboard. This could be intercepted for the script to go in action.

• What I imagine is: after didCompleteSubject got issued, open up a window similar to the formerly known WK review summary with only the wrongly guessed items. But next to every item it shows Confused Meaning with Item(s): <Item1>, <Item2> and/or Confused Reading with Item(s): <Item3>, <Item4>.

Here an example: Assume you got the item 欠かす during the review, but instead of answering to miss an event during meaning phase, you answered with to lack something, which is the meaning of 欠く. If this happened to (let’s say) 3 items during your review, then the window at the end of the review shows:

################### WINDOW ###################
    | Guessed 3 Item(s) wrong:
    |
    | ******* 欠かす: to miss an event
    | *********** Confused Meaning with: 欠く to lack something
    |
    | etc.
    |
    ########### BUTTON: GO BACK TO DASHBOARD ####

• In the ConfussionGuesser script, there are these functions that must be made accessible from outside:

• guessForMeaning(answer_inputted_by_user, item_in_question): Returns list of possible items you likely confused the meaning with.
    • guessForReading(answer_inputted_by_user, expected_item_reading, item_in_question): Returns list of possible items you likely confused the reading with.

item_in_question is just a string of the item characters, answer_inputted_by_user is just the string the user inputted into the answer field, and expected_item_reading again just a string of the real reading of the item.

• Essentially, the script needs to run from the start of the review and keep note of every item you got wrong. After the review, it just needs to input that list into the above functions provided by the Confussion Guesser script, and show them in the window.

2 Likes

I would kill for a userscript that let me hover over a kanji to see reading/meaning mnemonics during reviews.

Reviewing forgotten meanings and readings of kanji when encountered in a vocab review is more cumbersome than ever, now having to show info>expand>scroll all the way down>click on the kanji I want to review>etc…

If not the hover option, anything that makes reviewing the mnemonics less cumbersome would be welcome.

dont know if anyone got back to you but this exisits. Search the api and third party apps list or userscripts for “anki” and you will find it.

I have this userscript:

It’s currently dysfunctional, but if you are interested, I’ll try to fix it up

Edit: nvm, I see you were the one requesting a fix. I’ll try to look at it later tonight

1 Like

Just wanted to know if someone already made this script, if not I may make my own…

Does a userscript exist that “previews” the next review item while the current one is active. Like a small version of the next item below the current one in reviews so that I can recognize the next item already while typing the current answer. I like going through my reviews quickly but I get caught up waiting between subsequent items because I have to parse the new one first. I think though that while I input my answer I can already think about the next one. (I know I could kind of use Anki mode for this but I’m 苦手 with that, dunno why.)

If this is a bad idea, please also tell me!

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea!

1 Like

Nice to hear you say that!

So it seems like it doesn’t exist yet… I might try to build a script like this then! Btw, if you want to make that script (because you probably know a lot more about handling the review queue than me) you’re also free to do so :grin:

1 Like

Extra Study for Burned Items - Request

Hello :slight_smile:
I gave Extra study a try, but I felt it was extremely frustrating. The process of unburning items is extremely cumbersome.
I would like to have a chance to click a button and Unburn something I got wrong and I know to be in need of serious review.

Something along the line of " Hotkey U + popup [“Do you really want to Unburn this item?”] + Enter/Backspace" is how I imagine it.

Is there anyone else that would find this useful?

3 Likes

Sounds like a good idea

1 Like

I made a script for this one just recently.

But certainly, it might be much easier to fix / tweak from the website maker’s side.

I’m really missing this Multiple Entry Revamp script:

Can you make something similar? As I’m not sure if the original is going to get updated?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I normally use Flaming Durtles but with the upcoming API changes I worry that it’ll break so I’m installing a bunch of scripts to have a Plan B should this happen. I found a setup I’m mostly fine with but there’s one thing that annoys me a lot still: when I give an answer (right or wrong) I would like for the “Item Info” to auto-expand.

I’m sure there must be a script for that, but I can’t find it. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

1 Like

Double check has this feature built in I believe.

2 Likes

It does! I even already had it installed too.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I think there was a script that added the info of each radical name to the kanji in the reviews and/or lessons. Though I’m not sure if it’s still working.

Adding some kana-only words to the vocab is nice, but at this point I really don’t need to learn stuff like この or テレビ again from scratch.
If possible a script where you can jump the vocab ahead to enlightened in the lessons by a button or checkmark would be nice. If I then actually don’t know them when they show up to get burned, sure put them back in the normal queue. Otherwise I don’t need them to clog up my reviews.
(If there’s a way to distinguish the vocab, maybe limit the script to the kana-only ones so there’s less chance to abuse it.)

1 Like

I also would like very much a button to move the Radical/Kanji/Vocab to Enlighten !! :+1:

I think there is no need to limit the script to kana-only.
Of course there is a risk of abuse, just like with many other scripts, like Double-check for example… but I like to be responsible for myself :relieved:

Another solution to avoid clogging our reviews with easy items, would be a button to skip the review, like in the iOS app Tsurukame