What can I reset if I reset my account?

Argh. I hate my old lady brain. But thanks for the tip on the lesson order reset.

4 Likes

I think some apps allow some flexibility how your items come up for review. Like Tsukurume allows to set review order to current level first, random order, or srs level order. Maybe that’s what you referring to? Otherwise, these are not Wanikani default, to my knowledge, but additional scripts/functionality supplied by specific apps.

Scripts could definitely not affect this.

1 Like

What I’m really looking for is something that’ll let me order the lessons so that I get all the radicals first, then kanji, then vocabulary, and order the reviews by level.

Perfect, because that’s exactly what the reorder script do. :grinning:

1 Like

Reorder Ultimate has all those features, I’d say. ^^

That, or the Lesson Filter, which lets you fill in the boxes how many of what type you want in your lesson batch (which is then also customizable to be as big or little as you want.)

But then I have learn how to use scripts. So far I’ve been really unsuccessful with that.

1 Like

Let me know if you need any help. :slight_smile: I don’t mind throwing links at you in the order that you need to install things and talking you through it. It’s nice to have the options to customise WK further.

2 Likes

You must have used an app. because I vaguely remember when I used an app it has these options.

1 Like

Also in the settings of the regular website you can order lessons in order. Radicals=>kanji=>vocab. With these settings you have to finish the previous level’s vocab before moving on the next level’s radicals.

Edit: But you can’t order the reviews still.

I can’t find the setting for that; can you share?

1 Like

That doesn’t say anything except ‘ascending order’, which I have selected, and I still get the radicals, kanji and vocabs shuffled…

You don’t see the ‘ascending level, then subject’ option?

Edit: the ‘ascending order’ isn’t even an option in my menu. Can you send a screenshot?

Also, you are aware that this only affects lesson ordering, not reviews?

Maybe you missed my edit the first time around. As far as I know the only way to order reviews is by using a script.

That’s the setting I have my account on, but it’s not working the way I expected it would.

To clarify, I was hoping to find a way to learn and burn the radicals first, then kanji, then vocab for each level.

You mean burn a radical before you even see the kanji lessons associated with it?

Or only when they are up for burning you want to burn them in the order you learned them in?

1 Like

Yes. Or at least guru. And do all the radicals in the level before getting any kanji. For me that would go a lot faster than the current way.

1 Like

Burning takes months (at least 6!).

Guru is already a prerequisite for unlocking the kanji associated with the radical. Same with kanji and vocab.

At the start of a level you do get a bunch of new kanji lessons based on previous levels’ radicals. And a bunch of new vocab lessons based on previous levels’ kanji.

The most you can do with these standard included settings options as far as I can think of, is

1. get all of the previous level vocab lessons done before starting on the current level lessons.
  2. If you feel you can handle more items in your apprentice queue, you can do only the radical lessons (adjust the lesson batch size as needed, you might need to throw a kanji in there)
  3. If you feel you can still handle some more items in apprentice, do some of the kanji lessons.

But doing things this way will have you go through a level really slowly.

1 Like

I’ve been on level 7 for nearly two years, I don’t think I could go any more slowly. It just takes so long to unlock each batch of lessons now. Part of it is just that I don’t have time to review, at all. So when I do do reviews, my results are terrible. So then it goes even slower. :sob:

3 Likes

After two years, do you still have items in apprentice? Do you have time for any of your other Japanese related studies? I would recommend you either reset to your lowest level that isn’t all burned, or reset to zero. Then try to find at least one (preferably two or more) time slot in the day where you can sit down and do the reviews.

What does a typical day look like for you, if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like