Splitting up lessons

Hey all,

I was wondering there is a way to split up lessons. I have 120 new lessons but some are from level 4 vocab and some are from my new level 5 radicals and kanji. I was wondering if there is a way to split it up so that I can keep level 4 and 5 separate and to also keep the review sizes smaller for the future

If you want to separate your lessons by level without scripts, you can also change the lesson ordering in your Wanikani settings.

1 Like

If you don’t want to use any scripts, you can change the ordering for lessons under your WK settings tab, along with the batch size of your lessons. That will allow you to finish off all your level 4 vocab before proceeding to your level 5 radicals and kanji, for example. And there’s no need to do all your lessons in one go - many people here have a set routine of doing X lessons per day in accordance with their desired leveling speed and Apprentice count.

1 Like

In your settings, make sure you have Lesson ordering set to Ascending level then subject. This ensures that you will learn all of the previous level’s vocab (the ones you’ve unlocked anyway) before learning new radicals or kanji from your current level.

I just want to point out that “Ascending level then shuffled” works too, if you don’t care about the ordering within a level.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.