Week 3 😤 ロマンティック・キラ - Romantic Killer dicussion thread (Beginner Anime Club)

Welcome to week 3 of the Romantic Killer anime club !

We are watching this show as part of the Beginner Anime club.
What absurd romantic-like adventures await our heroine this week ? :smiley:

Romantic Killer

Week 3 Starting May 18th
Episodes 5 & 6
Last week Week 2
Next week Week 4
Home thread ロマンティック・キラ - Romantic Killer

Vocab sheet

Here is the vocab sheet (thanks to @milila). Don’t hesitate to add new words, following the rules on the sheet.

You might also want to use the scripts @milila exported on pdf for all episodes
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TreM79Y54cYDvnEpoCRAfhqRY0cHUiQD?usp=sharing

Discussion guidelines

This thread is here to comment on your impressions of this week’s episodes and to ask any question you have regarding the vocabulary or the understanding of them :blush:

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent ネタバレ. If you’re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

• Any potential spoiler for the current week’s watching need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  • Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I don’t intend to read soon).
  • Any information from later in the book than the current week’s watching (including trigger warnings that haven’t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.

Posting Advice

• When asking for help, please mention the number of the episode and time of the section, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select “in this topic”. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.
  • Be sure to join the conversation! It’s fun, and it’s what keeps these clubs lively! There’s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, there’s a very good chance it has crossed somebody else’s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

Membership

Will you be watching with us this week ?
  • I’m watching along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’ve finished these episodes
  • I’m watching after this club is finished
0 voters
4 Likes

I panicked for a moment that I was behind by a week :sob:

2 Likes

Thanks ! I’ve changed it ^^

2 Likes
General thoughts on episodes 5 and 6

The dinner party and shopping date were both very cute. I’m glad we got to spend some relatively interference-free time with Tsukasa and Junta before the next ikemen gets thrown into the ring.

Vocabulary

Lots of very important polite phrases featured in these episodes, like:

• お邪魔します。
  • お疲れ様です。
  • ご苦労さまです。
  • お待たせしました。
  • 申し訳ありません。
4 Likes
Episode 5

Anzu is stronger than I am. She’s still fighting against Riri even though I would’ve died of embarrassment if someone shouted my cup size and invited a man to live with me. Though I guess stealing my valuables would be good hatred fuel. It just feels like Riri is missing a crucial step between “give Anzu more free time for boys by taking away her big timesinks” → “Anzu will use all her new free time to obsess over boys and develop relationships with them”

I’m worried that it’s going to take more than surrounding Anzu with cute guys who like her to get to the “married with 2+ children” stage. I hope Riri thought this out.

I guess it makes “some” sense that Anzu isn’t safe if someone can already break in. And I guess with the help of magic adults will agree to anything. But it’s crazy to have the 3 of them living together.

Episode 6

I was worried that them living together would mean they’d never spend 1 on 1 time with Anzu. But the shopping mall was done well. I can feel the social anxiety.

And of course Anzu’s alarm mysteriously fails and instead of running into someone around a corner she runs into a car. I guess that’s a good cliffhanger for next week.

5 Likes

Okay I got a little bit too excited in episode 6.

Why?

When I hear the voice Of kenjiro tsuda. My heart couldn’t handle it anymore.
Imagine Anzu’s high pitch voice and Bodyguard’s deep voice. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I just really like the voice acting in this anime. It’s SOO GOOD.
The fluctuations in the voice is the best part for me in this anime.

2 Likes

Anzu could I perhaps interest you in a satin bonnet?

2 Likes

This isn’t specific to this anime, and it’s really just me nitpicking, but it bugs me when every characters has matching hair and eye colors. I can understand that being the case for a couple characters, but when it’s too many it starts screaming lazy design.

It especially disappoints me because I find color theory interesting, so it baffles me when a creator has two opportunities to showcase a characters personality and they waste it.

4 Likes

I loved how it was the new guy that had the toast instead of Anzu :rofl:

4 Likes

So a general comment before writing some thoughts about the episodes : the voice fluctuations make the anime really hard to understand at times :sweat_smile:
I watched the beginning of episode 5 with japanese subtitles and I struggled quite a bit, even with the script by my side.

New developments in Anzu's otome life xD
  • I like how the relationship between the three housemates unfolds. It’s a great illustration of the “found family” trope, one of my favorite in otome (or fiction in general). For example, when Kazuki arrive and they tell him to hurry to wash and come in the living-room to watch the series with them, it’s really heart-warming.
  • Kazuki, you have to a little more open minded, pal. If Anzu wants to wear clothes with cats and make funny faces, let her be !
  • I like that Junta is fond of the little flaws of Anzu like her cooking or her morning hair :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • The scene where Kazuki gets anxiety because of the crowd and the glances is terribly accurate, I agree with @PotatoDancer

@milila, do you think is it possible for you to find the scripts for the next episodes ? Of course, if not, it’s totally ok. Do what you can. I don’t know how to do it myself, that’s why I ask you.

7 Likes

I’ll export them tiday or tomorrow :smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s really nice, thanks ! :pray:

And here is the link towards week 4 thread

6 Likes

I finished uploading the subtitles for all the episodes, it’s in the same folder :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes