WaniKani World Record! Level 60 in 344 Days!

The thing that surprised me here is not your lv60 but your discipline lol

2 Likes

Congratulations. Out of curiousity: What did you do for a living the last year?

2 Likes

Oh, but you didn’t mention what you future goals are! What’s next? Getting JLPT N1 in under a year? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Haha, that was my thought - if Mega wasn’t a PhD student, I don’t think it would be possible :wink:

4 Likes

PhD student, so being a research assistant. Normally I would also often be a teaching assistant, but I decided not to during covid.

I have a section for that in my post haha

5 Likes

I agree that those yellow and green diagonal stripes are so aesthetic. I spent like 10 minutes looking at it…

2 Likes

Ah, indeed! So more kanji flashcards and reading?

1 Like

Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: You are certifiably nuts!!! And I mean it as a huge compliment :wink:

Now, how’s your Japanese? :joy:

2 Likes

Pretty much. And after that, probably working on speaking by hopping into Japanese voice discord chats and practicing my speaking that way.

OK enough to read very slowly, but not very good at much else right now.

4 Likes

dare you to do it again

9 Likes

A person of culture, I see.

4 Likes

The legend has done it! :stuck_out_tongue: Congratz on being such a beast and completely beating the system! :muscle::grin: :tada:

My only suggestion in case you decide to burn them all on WK is: self-study your leeches once in a while. Your accuracy will now go down because all the easy items will go up, leaving the leeches to take most of your time. It will make WK really feel like a task, because you won’t be learning anything new and the drop in accuracy won’t be something to be proud of. Self-study is really the game-changer here and it will make the whole “Gotta burn them all!” experience must more enjoyable and faster.

15 Likes

Also, you might have beaten me on WK, but I’m not letting that happen on Kitsun :sunglasses: @MegaZeroX

11 Likes

Congratulations!! Impressive consistency! Any idea how many hours on average you spend a day doing WK? I always wondered how many hours a day one would have to spent to run through WK at full speed

1 Like

After having sped through WK, you can keep that title haha. I’m not doing this kind of speed again!

I included that in my stats section. Though that doesn’t include the 2-4 hours a week doing lessons.

8 Likes

You can do the 61-70 deck in an hour if you so desire and guru it in a couple days :grin:

Did you happen to use a re-order script? Your total reviews seem super low at less than 75k. Nonetheless, congrats on your commitment, it’s pretty crazy! :balloon: :+1:

2 Likes

Indeed. I count reviews the same way WK does (meaning + reading = 1)

3 Likes

Congratulations dude! That’s amazing. I’m seriously mindblown by the commitment you musta had to deal with shifting your schedule back 4 hours every week.

Of course I was totally gonna get the record myself but now that I’ve seen this I guess I can take things easy!

1 Like

That’s pretty crazy, I think my average was like 18 days a level lol

Looks like it was 14 days a level not too bad. Do I get a record for shortest level xD only 4 hours apparently on level 30

10 Likes

Haha thanks for posting this, was about to try to do WaniKani in about a year because I’m impatient. My sleep schedule is already in ruins so I’ve decided against it! But seriously, good job!

4 Likes