[UserScript] WaniKani Never Wrong*

*even if you are.

Do you get discouraged when you answer an item incorrectly?
Are you ready to post (or have you already posted) a thread complaining about how long it’s taking to level up?
Do you react better to positive re-enforcement?
Do you put more value over your stats and levels than actually learning anything?
Do you think joke scripts are hilarious?
Are you just a big lousy cheater?

If you answered yes to one or more of these questions then do I have the script for you!!
Simply install this script and no matter what gibberish you answer with will be accepted as correct.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9224-wk-never-wrong

(I originally thought of calling this script ‘Cigars for Everyone’ as a nod to it pretty much being the antithesis to ‘WK No Cigar’, but realised that could be a bit confusing.)

Side effects may include not actually learning anything at all.

10 Likes

FINALLY.

2 Likes

Nice work.

Can you add an option where I don’t even have to answer? So I just hit the review button and the script does them all for me in one go?

お疲れさま

3 Likes
hoovard said... Nice work.

Can you add an option where I don't even have to answer? So I just hit the review button and the script does them all for me in one go?

お疲れさま

I'm thinking of making one where you don't even need to do that, just be on the website and correct answers are submitted when they are due.
Scripts don't need to sleep, imagine the level up speeds that you could attain! :P
3 Likes
Ethan said...
  I'm thinking of making one where you don't even need to do that, just be on the website and correct answers are submitted when they are due.
Scripts don't need to sleep, imagine the level up speeds that you could attain! :P
 Even better! I feel smarter already desu and I haven't even installed it yet.
3 Likes

7d20h per level. Even script would have BIG trouble to go below that (if it is even possible).

4 Likes

Can someone please create a Wani Kani Never Wrong Override script? I know it will inevitably slow down one’s leveling to an unbearable amount, but we should be able to be responsible enough to handle the consequences.

:wink:

1 Like

OK wait wait wait… If I’m right when I’m wrong, then should I be marked wrong when I’m right?

I think you’re on to something, Ethan…

1 Like
Ethan said...  ![](upload://sbTyP1teL3dTrmtaHR1m9okLC62.png)
 Love.
1 Like
GreenWarrior said... OK wait wait wait... If I'm right when I'm wrong, then should I be marked wrong when I'm right?

I think you're on to something, Ethan...
 Oh sure I could do that for you.
Just copy the evaluate function and wrap it in a shim like No Cigar, and serve up the opposite of what's return. Should be pretty simple.

So you want to take the SRS system and completely mess it up? Things you know keep coming back and things you don't keep getting further and further away? It's genius!!

2 Likes

Make a script where we’ll always get the answer wrong, since that’s pretty much the case. I’m looking at you, 20% review…

Can you make a version that works for relationships too?

2 Likes
Ethan said...
GreenWarrior said... OK wait wait wait... If I'm right when I'm wrong, then should I be marked wrong when I'm right?

I think you're on to something, Ethan...
 Oh sure I could do that for you.
Just copy the evaluate function and wrap it in a shim like No Cigar, and serve up the opposite of what's return. Should be pretty simple.

So you want to take the SRS system and completely mess it up? Things you know keep coming back and things you don't keep getting further and further away? It's genius!!
This is the perfect SRS in my opinion, because, in the end, it's more satisfying when you know the answer right away. Those damn items you have trouble with will eventually stop bothering you. You will also find yourself dedicating a lot more time than usual on your Japanese studies, to answer all of your Apprentice 1 items every 4 hours.
1 Like

It’s working great so far, but I can’t seem to level up faster than 7d20h.  Can you add an option to auto-post questions to the forums about how to make WK go faster?

4 Likes

I just used this to get through 400 reviews. 

Because that’s the kind of mood I’m in. 

1 Like
Aleithian said... I just used this to get through 400 reviews. 
Because that's the kind of mood I'm in. 
I remember feeling like that at around level 42... though I didn't give in to the darkside :-)
rfindley said...
Aleithian said... I just used this to get through 400 reviews. 
Because that's the kind of mood I'm in. 
I remember feeling like that at around level 42... though I didn't give in to the darkside :-)
 :P

I've got a super busy three weeks ahead of me, and I know I'll get around 80% if I take my time. So I'll deal with messing up the SRS on the 20% and pick up the slack later. 

At least, this is what I've concocted as a justification...
1 Like