[Userscript]: Part of Speech Filter (for Self-Study Quiz)

“Part of Speech Filter” for Self-Study Quiz

[ General Script Installation instructions ] :point_left: You’ll need a script host plugin like TamperMonkey
[ Open Framework Installation ]
[ Download / Install “Part of Speech Filter” ]

And, of course, the [ Self-Study Quiz ] script.

14 Likes

Look at you being productive while the rest of the forums are going crazy

7 Likes

Heh… What’s going on in the rest of the forums??

Anyway… it was just a paragraph of code that evolved from a request/wish thread yesterday. Figured I’d write a second paragraph to make it formal. I’m so glad I spent the time on WKOF, because doing stuff like this is so much easier now!

1 Like

There’s this riddle Koichi gave us and the thread about it has over 2500 posts now without having made any progress. As you posted this Koichi was in the process of giving out another hint.

Ooh… sounds interesting. (Not that I need a diversion… I’ve got some code to test for work)

2 Likes

https://durtle.club… for when you need a break

2 Likes

Bloody genius! A tip of the hat to you good sir!

Now to see what all the fuss is about with this riddle…

1 Like

I’m still trying to find the riddle.

2 Likes

I guess it’s this one

I saw it a couple days ago and … didn’t know what they were talking about, so I ignored. Apparently it’s interesting?

1 Like

omg if anyone can solve it it’s you

2 Likes

Scroll down on the page I linked and you’ll find the start

More like painful. -.-

1 Like

That api seems very nce, but how do I use it?

I’ve added a link to the Self-Study Quiz script in the top-post. Maybe that will help?

1 Like

You are amazing! Thank you so much! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I am adding this question to this existing thread. I created a separate topic for it but it went unanswered and someone suggested that I ask the question in the existing thread.

I have been using self study quiz to re-enforce my learning and think has helped tremendously. However, it has stopped working for me and I can’t figure out why. I recently hit level 10 and don’t think that should matter but whenever I open the self-study quiz it pops up and presents a screen similar to the following

and then I can type my response but it does not convert my input to japanese and I also can not hit enter or backspace.

I have deleted the script and re-installed. Disabled and Enabled tampermonkey

Any ideas on how to fix.

Open your Javascript console (press F12 and click on the Console tab), and see if there are any errors reported.

I see you posted in the Part of Speech Filter script’s thread. Are you using that filter?

Thanks. This lead me to the answer. It is working now. I am not sure what was broken but it was unable to get to some https url. When I opened a browser windows and typed it in the address bar, I got a full screen of functions and such. It is working now. Not sure of the root cause. I suspect my Pi-hole was likely not resolving to the address in the script. I removed the Pi-hole from my dns resolvers even though I have been using it for months. Could have been a recent update to the black list.

Interesting.

Side note, I’ve recently started trying 1.1.1.1 for DNS. Supposedly a good privacy-oriented alternative to data-hungry Google.