Tobira study group - chapter 7

This is the thread for chapter 7 of Tobira. Our home thread for this study group is here .

As usual we’ll spend 2 weeks going through chapter 7.

Here is the link to the Tobira web site where you can find recordings of the main text and dialogues in each chapter plus kanji and grammar resources.

Who will study chapter 7 of Tobira the next 2 weeks?

• I will study chapter 7 now
  • I will study chapter 7 later

0 voters

2 Likes

It’s gone quiet again! :sweat_smile:
How’s everyone doing on this chapter? :blue_book: I feel things have been getting a bit harder and I guess it hasn’t been my most favourite chapter but I’m just about managing! Avoiding the exercises again of course… :thinking: I’m trying to go back working on bunpro’s Torbira path again!

2 Likes

Not my favourite chapter either, but it’s okay so far I guess. Luckily I already had most of the grammar-points done in Bunpro. Work’s been pretty hard, so I’ve been too tired to put much time into Tobira or writing in the forums here. I’m sure it’ll pick up again later :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m glad it’s not just me feeling that way about this chapter! :sweat_smile: I do like Tobira so far though and I’ve decided to go over it again with a tutor. :blush:
I hope everyone joins again, the next chapter looks more interesting! - Thank you for replying! :blush: :grin:

3 Likes

I’m still here! There is so much text in this chapter that I feel like I’m drowning a little. In a way I want to try to translate some of it, but there is just too much content! I think it’s interesting though, so I enjoy working through all of it. I liked the piece about onomatopoeia.

3 Likes

Yes, the one about the オノマトペ was great. Still confused by the fact it’s onomatopeia in English, like either langague just removed or added a sillable at the end? :smiley:
Edit: I had assumed it was a Japanese word, but it’s actually Greek-origin. That explains that, just 外来語-Katakana-conversion I guess.

It is a lot of content. Well, the book certainly makes us read, listen, just consume, which is always good, should have done a lot more of that on my way to 60!~ :laughing:
Your Level 21 before 2021! - #987 by Marifly is honestly a really good approach, something I agree much more with now than when I set out to reach 60 at max-speed from level 30, fall last year or so.

2 Likes

According to my 大辞林 the Japanese word comes from French “onomatopée” :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m so going to have “The only person you’re competing with is yourself (plus the calendar, if you want to reach level 21 by the end of the year).” literally put on my computer so I can read this everyday before I start studying!

2 Likes

I found this chapter OK but not as packed with pop culture as I’d have expected, and the dialogues were a bit weird :sweat_smile: I did enjoy watching and reading about Tezuka though!

2 Likes

Bump for 2021 study group:
Chapter 7: August 2 to August 15

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.