The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

What is it meant by “PLEASE USE THIS SCRIPT RESPONSIBLY AS MISUSE WILL RESULT IN A BACKLOG OF VOCAB LESSONS”? What would be a misuse? How can that create a backlog? I was thiking I might install the Review Order  script. (Perhaps this has been answered before, but I can’t find it :S)

makamoe said...What is it meant by "PLEASE USE THIS SCRIPT RESPONSIBLY AS MISUSE WILL RESULT IN A BACKLOG OF VOCAB LESSONS"? What would be a misuse? How can that create a backlog? I was thiking I might install the Review Order  script. (Perhaps this has been answered before, but I can't find it :S)
 It is possible to level up without doing vocabulary.  When some people get become too busy to do all of their reviews, they decide to skip vocabulary for a while, but still do radicals and kanji so they can continue to level up.  But, of course, if you delay work until later, the work is still there, and it builds up.  So you will have to work much harder to catch up.

So, if you want to use a Review Order script, just don't allow yourself to skip vocabulary when you are busy.

rfindley said...
makamoe said...What is it meant by "PLEASE USE THIS SCRIPT RESPONSIBLY AS MISUSE WILL RESULT IN A BACKLOG OF VOCAB LESSONS"? What would be a misuse? How can that create a backlog? I was thiking I might install the Review Order  script. (Perhaps this has been answered before, but I can't find it :S)
 It is possible to level up without doing vocabulary.  When some people get become too busy to do all of their reviews, they decide to skip vocabulary for a while, but still do radicals and kanji so they can continue to level up.  But, of course, if you delay work until later, the work is still there, and it builds up.  So you will have to work much harder to catch up.

So, if you want to use a Review Order script, just don't allow yourself to skip vocabulary when you are busy.
 Thank you very much for the explanation, rfindley. I was afraid it might mess with the SRS.

There is a chrome port of the firefox plugin rickaichan out called rikaikun: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rikaikun/jipdnfibhldikgcjhfnomkfpcebammhp?hl=en

callison said... There is a chrome port of the firefox plugin rickaichan out called rikaikun: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rikaikun/jipdnfibhldikgcjhfnomkfpcebammhp?hl=en
 i haven't included rikaikun or rikaichan as this thread is mostly meant to be addons for wanikani rather than addons for japanese students in general. some of the additional content stuff doesn't fit this description, but as it is created by wanikani members, it is included. i have included a port of rikaikun for firefox that includes wk level info for kanji though?

@Shotgun,
I forgot to post links for two new scripts.  They are relatively minor.

/t/Userscript-Hide-Context-Sentence-Translation/11215/1
/t/Userscript-Chat-Posts-Search-Results-Direct-Link/10667/1

@ShotgunLagoon or anybody else, I used to use this web app to track my progress against JLPT etc: https://www.idigtech.com/wanikani/#profile/stats. Somehow it hasn’t been loading lately. Do you guys know what happened?

Many thanks!
Bruno

@bruno

/t/Website-WK-user-progress-idigtechcomwanikani/9208/183

:slight_smile:

sirvorn said... @bruno

/t/Website-WK-user-progress-idigtechcomwanikani/9208/183

:)
Thanks Sirvorn! working today, it's kind of on an off at the moment but will be patient :) 

Is there interest in a wanikani Windows Universal App for Windows phone and Windows 10? I’ve been considering making one, but depending on the interest it will determine whether I make a full app or just something for notifications. 

ferretzombie said... Is there interest in a wanikani Windows Universal App for Windows phone and Windows 10? I've been considering making one, but depending on the interest it will determine whether I make a full app or just something for notifications. 
 i know several people on windows phones who would love a full wk app, so if you're willing, go ahead :)

ferretzombie said... Is there interest in a wanikani Windows Universal App for Windows phone and Windows 10? I've been considering making one, but depending on the interest it will determine whether I make a full app or just something for notifications. 
 Totally!

I think that the WK staff should visit this thread and the separate script threads to get inspiration. Some of these scripts would do perfectly as native features, like the search results direct link. When you search for posts and don’t provide a link, that is like finding the needle in the haystack, but you have to find it again!

Can you please add my extension? Thanks.

/t/Userscript-WaniKani-Review-Feedback-Sounds/11689/1

Could you add the WaniKani Item Annotator skript?
/t/Userscript-WaniKani-Item-Annotator-Super-Duper-Explosions-of-Colortastic-Flavors/3904

I really like it and it is not in the list yet.

sorry i’ve been somewhat lax about keeping this up to date, but i will do my best to update it at least twice a month no matter how busy i get.

@ShotgunLagoon 
My WaniKani iOS app is on the app store for quite some time now. With lot’s of new features. 
Could you please update the info?

These look very helpful, thanks for all the work on these everyone!

I think I’m still planning to go with vanilla WaniKani, but that override is looking tempting. Stalling your progress because you accidentally typed the reading instead of the meaning is just heartrending. 

Hoya, I guess you could add “Ray’s Resources” to Additional Content, where I might or might not upload useful or useless resources in a whacky manner every now and then… And I just realized that I created that one in the wrong forum… I guess (since all the other additional content ones are in the API forums).

Also, I’m really not sure if that is within your thread’s intentions, but it might be useful for people to have the Steam group “Wanikanians Unite” in a list somewhere, so I just thought I’d mention it.

RayderBlitz said... Hoya, I guess you could add "Ray's Resources" to Additional Content, where I might or might not upload useful or useless resources in a whacky manner every now and then.... And I just realized that I created that one in the wrong forum... I guess (since all the other additional content ones are in the API forums).

Also, I'm really not sure if that is within your thread's intentions, but it might be useful for people to have the Steam group "Wanikanians Unite" in a list somewhere, so I just thought I'd mention it.
 I'll add Ray's Resources. I think there's a thread somewhere that lists all the community groups like the LINE, slack, habitica, etc, but i don't know how to find it.... i think it may have been made by emin?