[Userscript] WaniKani Item Annotator (Super Duper Explosions of Colortastic Flavors!)

WaniaKani Item Annotator

Viewing items on the /kanji, /vocabulary and /kanji pages is a good way to view all items of the same level next to each other. Unfortunately, it gives you basically no information (you have to click into each item to see any level of detail). What I would like to see is the relative SRS levels, so I can get a feel of which items I am struggling with most.

So, this script highlights all of the items on the /kanji, /vocabulary and /kanji pages with their SRS level. The colours used are the standard SRS colours displayed on the main page.

Installation

1. Install Tapermonkey or Greasemonkey
  2. Install the script from here.

Compatability

Tested and works on:
– Chrome 31.0.1650.57 (with Tapermonkey 3.5.3630.77).
– Firefox 25.0.1 (with Greasemonkey 1.12).

Usage

1. Setup your API key (there will be an option on the Tapermonkey/Greasemonkey menu).
  2. Go to http://www.wanikani.com/radicals, http://www.wanikani.com/kanji or http://www.wanikani.com/vocabulary and enjoy the pretty-ness. Note: it will take a few seconds for the SRS colors to come up.

Screenshots

4 Likes

kewl
I mean… that looks pretty cool. I already installed it. Works great.

Doesn’t work for me :(  I have Firefox 25.0.1 and Greasemonkey 1.12 on win 7, no other scripts running.

cool idea, but doesn’t work for me either. Script is installed, but can’t find where to add my API
Chrome 31.0.1650.57 with 

Tampermonkey 
v3.5.3630.77 

Doesn’t work for me either. I have Waterfox 18.0.1, but I’ve never had any issues with other scripts for Firefox before.

Same here, could not notice anything different, I’m still not sure of what it does either.

… Weird, am I the only one where it works?

Apraxas said... Same here, could not notice anything different, I'm still not sure of what it does either.
 Look at da screenshots. Normally all the vocabulary items would be purple, but now they have some other funky colors indicating the SRS level of the item in question. So pink apprentice, purple guru, deep blue master, light blue enlightened, grey burned.
nibill said... cool idea, but doesn't work for me either. Script is installed, but can't find where to add my API
Chrome 31.0.1650.57 with  Tampermonkey  v3.5.3630.77 
 I also could not find where to enter my API

nibill said... cool idea, but doesn't work for me either. Script is installed, but can't find where to add my API
Chrome 31.0.1650.57 with  Tampermonkey  v3.5.3630.77 
 To add your API key, click on the Tapermonkey icon in the top right and click on "JeshuaM Scripts: Change API Key" (named such that I can use the same API key for multiple userscripts). This menu item will only come up on a page the scripts runs (i.e. /radicals*, /kanji* or /vocabulary*). So, go to one of those pages and add it from there.

I'll improve that part of the script tonight (so you can enter your API key from anywhere or it will move you to the settings page and grab it if it).

Ok, it’s working now. :slight_smile:

O yea, just had to enter my key manually and now it works like a charm :slight_smile:

Found it! It was a sub-menu under “User-script commands”. It’s working great now, thankyou.

Works now! Thanks

Using it. ありがとう!

mayucchi said... ... Weird, am I the only one where it works?

Your color scheme is so bland and boring, all flat colors wtf.

get on my level

Apraxas said...
mayucchi said... ... Weird, am I the only one where it works?

Your color scheme is so bland and boring, all flat colors wtf.

get on my level

You fail your kanji too much (´・ω・`)
And lol @ the new title.

I love the title you gave to this thread XD
DR is the best!

What’s DR?

Aikibujin said... What's DR?
 DanganRonpa, it's a PSP game. I assume that was the origin for the title, because every character has a "Super Duper Something" nickname.