Should I reset with all these burns?

I’m at level 12, I have about 500 reviews piled up, but they’re not the problem. In a few weeks, I could power through reviews just fine. The problem is all my burns. I have 430 of them. I don’t remember most of them (they start looking unfamiliar at the radicals of level 4, probably earlier for kanji and vocabulary). I don’t want to just unburn them all; it’d take a long time since you can’t do it all at once, and at that point I might as well reset anyway. So; should I reset?

Install this script:

It has a filter for “Have Burned (including resurrected and retired)” items. Review them. Unburn those you’re not so sure about :slight_smile: Then give yourself some days without lessons to guru these unburned items :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you can!

1 Like

I thought there was a built-in option to reset to a certain level? Or am I imagining things?

Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. But burned kanji from before level 4 already look unfamiliar to me, so I might as well start from the beginning.

1 Like

Ah, ok, I see.

for what it’s worth: i did a level reset from 11 to 1 and didn’t regret it. was actually quite fun to breeze through the levels again ^^

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I’ll probably just reset then. I’m quite busy with school at the moment; breezing through the early levels and doing the rest normally would be a lot more enjoyable than grinding through hundreds of reviews in a few days.

3 Likes

Congratz on your rebirth and good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i dunno, every 4 levels reset is worth 1 month at max speed. i reset from 24 to 20 after a 3 year break and it turned out to be fine.
but i’m also not a beginner. been studying japanese for 8 years, 6 of which in japan, so i see them every day, all day long.

i’d say do what you feel comfortable with, just keep in mind that 4 lvl roughly equal a month.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.