Restarting again

Hello, I just want to show my progress with you because I’m really proud where I am now. During the pandemic, I was in a rough situation. I wasn’t in a good place, I got fired, I couldn’t figure out what I want to do in my future and I was surrounded by toxic relationships. It really made mentally and emotionally unstable till I couldn’t study my Japanese. But last month, I decided to start over after I saw this one quote from Instagram.

“Don’t be afraid to start over. This time you’re not starting from scratch, you’re starting from experience.” :blush:

24 Likes

I like that quote as well, it’s very true.
I’m sure you’ve read it a million times, but always make sure to go at your own pace that doesn’t make you burn out. Good luck with the future studies!

3 Likes

Welcome back! You’re going at a pretty quick pace too! Glad to see you back on your journey. :slight_smile:

Another quote that I like I like is “The imperfect path you follow is better than the perfect path you quit”. Can’t tell you who said it, but I heard it from someone years back. As long as you’re putting work in, you’re moving forward, whether that’s 30 lessons or day, or 0 and just reviews.

If you find yourself in a bad place again (hopefully not) just try and focus on that singular day and nailing that. I know when I’ve struggled with mental health, things got worse when I let things lapse. Even learning 1 new kanji a day can be enough to get you on track to pull out of that rut and get back going again!

If you ever need anything, there’s a wonderful community here that is willing to help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone else has said it very well, Good luck on continuing with your studies, I hope you can move forwards well into the future : D

And since it’s your first time posting:
\textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{Hi}} {\huge \textsf{@zalifahakin}} \textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{!}}

tenor

It’s great to have you here!

If you haven’t already check out the Forum Guidelines and the Wanikani User Guide .
There’s also tonnes of things on the forums to help you on your way such as The guide, The Ultimate resource list, and API and Third Party Apps.

If you have any questions, check out this thread; but if this doesn’t answer your questions, feel free to create a thread like you’re done here, or email The Wanikani staff.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you around!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.