Regret Resetting lol

Was level 60 and reset because kanji knowledge is slipping. I always use English in my work, etc. although I live in Japan.

Now as I grind through level 1…I see how long this is going to take yet again.

It’s a double edged sword. Really think before resetting.

16 Likes

if you were 60, then you’d not have much to do on wk i guess.
i wouldn’t ever reset to anything below 10 though, much of the earliest stuff is very tiring… like all those silly counters.

2 Likes

Honestly, part of my was tempted to reset the other day to help me fill in any Kanji that I’ve forgotten completely and might need for the JLPT, but I’m pretty sure I’d regret it too for this reason.

Best of luck, hell, maybe you’ll enjoy it so much you’ll reset again once you reach 60.

2 Likes

I did the same, but I’m not regretting it… yet.

4 Likes

If only there were also Cram feature on WK.

For example, let’s say you’re level 60, but you only want to drill your kanji + radical + vocab on level 10. So, you’re still level 60. This idea was inspired from BunPro Cram.

Another example is cramming based on the highest leeches doesn’t matter what level the turtles are from. This idea was inspired by Kitsun Leech Training Self Study. So, you don’t need to wait for many things you’re fluent.

I’m talking about feature, not only just script. So that any user can access this feature (I’m on mobile so).

7 Likes

I know you mentioned avoiding scripts, but the Self Study script does cover this pretty well.

4 Likes

That’s why I said no script. Doing script on iPhone is impossible.

3 Likes

It might be possible on Android, because you can get Tampermonkey in the Google Play store. I couldn’t find anything for iOS though, so you might be out of luck.

But, I’ll agree that at least some of the scripts probably should be integrated into WaniKani itself.

3 Likes

How long did it originally take you to reach level 60?

I’m familiar with scripts you’re talking about. I used them all. I know that and I actually did all that on Android (Tampermonkey et all on Firefox), but all things are not as comfortable as like what I had suggested above. I could do all I suggested above using Kitsun, see, I could just modify current some of existing scripts to download all that’s available from WK API, and then I insert them all to Kitsun, including the mnemonics and all audio recordings, but that’s illegal. Now, if I want to do it legally, I could download one by one manually, this is hassle too. Even Koichi himself said they’re formulating on leeches, based on what I saw on @Pep95 's screenshot email on Kitsun’s thread. No direct link. I’m on mobile. And I didn’t type all my suggestions above because I want to find solution not from integrated solution as WK itself. No. I typed all my suggestions above to let others know that it would be easier to do all this on WK because WK is nice. I use all iPad + iPhone + Android nowadays, but no computers. Even doing self study on FlamingDurtle is not as comfortable as what I had suggested above if all are integrated on WK itself. Just look at how easy everything is on Kitsun. Doing self study without having to work all things on computer. But I want my WK mnemonics. And I can’t do that on Kitsun. Now I’ve typed too long again. I’ll summarize all I typed with this one word: meow.

4 Likes

When I’m 60, I’ll use self-study and burn review scripts !

2 Likes

Took years man. I didn’t do it everyday religiously until prob level 30 but still took ages. In the end I had to three sessions a day prob 60 minutes each session while not really fully absorbing. Just machine gunning reviews.

3 Likes

I definitely regret resetting lol, and I was only level 30/31.

1 Like

I have an anki deck called ‘encountered words’ and whenever I come across a word I don’t know or have forgotten, I’ll add it to the deck (linked through my dictionary app). It only takes ~10 minutes to review everyday and helps a lot with remembering burned kanji that I may have forgotten as well as leeches and of course words not in WaniKani.

I know this doesn’t help you know but just wanted to share my method of trying not to forget burned stuff.

3 Likes

I like this idea a lot, might start doing this too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.