📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

7月21日(木)

Posting here can be a great way to learn new stuff as well, like I didn’t know how to write dates, so I looked it up and I’ll use it from now on :slight_smile:

Reading wise I continued with the Level 0 graded reader free PDF; I read three additional chapters:

• 赤ずきん - pretty straight forward, even though I wasn’t sure about the last page (I’ll look it up, when I’m on my PC). But I felt quite happy with 大きい目 and 大きい口, which I recognized from WaniKani (and therefore could also deduce 大きい耳 as well as 食べました, where I didn’t know the Kanji but the word (from the Michel Thomas audio course).

• よむ - here I wasn’t sure at first, but soon got it. I knew よみます from Michel Thomas but didn’t drew the connection first, and I am not sure about every word; but again I could pull from my knowledge (like ひとり and ふたり, which I wouldn’t have recognized without context because of the non-Kanji writing :rofl:).

• たいへん - this one was the hardest yet. Still, I get the gist of it. I found it a bit weird that they removed the furigana for してんしゃ. Made it harder to read. And I don’t get all the text, so this would need the most dictionary work. But I get the gist and that’s rather fascinating.

All I all this reading experience is surprisingly pleasant. It’s really fun to understanding these sentences or the gist of the story. I would have never considered myself to be even close to “reading” something, but now I do. Great experience that I can only recommend anyone that is starting off. You don’t need to be some JLPT level before you can start and it’s so rewarding.

I am now at page 50. Lots to go, but it’s fast to read and I even reread the last story as well.

26 Likes