๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Spring 2023 ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ

Full day at work without much actual work to do, so I was reading throughout various meetings. Read pages 162-176 of Chamber of secrets and four NHKEasy article. I also translated the school lunch menu for the month and read the school lunch newsletter (definitely not 100% on the comprehension of that though).

[Home Post]

24 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :herb: 1-4 April :books: :honeybee:
Home post :house_with_garden:

1/4 :dragon: ch. 113, 17 min โ€ข :woman_scientist: 19min โ€ข :books:
2/4 :woman_scientist: 11min โ€ข :cn: graded reader 8 min. โ€ข :books:
3/4 :dragon: ch. 114, 29min โ€ข :books:
4/4 :snowman_with_snow: ch.16-18, 14min, :dragon: for read aloud again โ€ข :books:

plant related vocab ๐ŸŒฒ and pictures!

่Šฑ็ฒ‰็—‡ (ใ‹ใตใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†)=pollen allergy
ๆจบใฎๆœจใ‹ (ใ‹ใฐใฎใใ‹)= Betulaceae (birch family)
้ฃŸ่™ซๆค็‰ฉ (ใ—ใ‚‡ใใกใ‚…ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใใถใค)= insectivorous plants, carnivorous plants
ใƒขใ‚ฆใ‚ปใƒณใ‚ดใ‚ฑ = round-leaved sundew (Drosera rotundifolia), common sundew

ใƒขใ‚ฆใ‚ปใƒณใ‚ดใ‚ฑ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ

ๆชœๆœจ/ใƒ’ใƒŽใ‚ญ = hinoki cypress (Chamaecyparis obtusa), Japanese cypress

ใƒ’ใƒŽใ‚ญ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ

ๆ‰ใ€ใ‚นใ‚ฎ= Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria japonica)

ใ‚นใ‚ฎ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ

24 Likes

I skipped reading yesterday. :see_no_evil:

Today I picked up ็งใฏๅนฝ้œŠใ‚’่ฆ‹ใชใ„ | L30?? for the first time in a long time and had to get my brain re-adjusted as Iโ€™d apparently stopped reading midway though a chapter. Itโ€™s alright but it doesnโ€™t really excite me - debating switching it to be my bedtime book and have my bedtime book be my couch book :thinking:

Also, I incorrectly posted this in the winter thread last time (:sweat_smile:) but a book club I host over on the Natively forums is currently voting. Itโ€™s the Mystery Book Club so if you enjoy mystery novels I recommend it, and weโ€™re happy to help with questions about grammar and such. The pacing is usually around 30 pages per week, although final weeks do tend to speed up because people get antsy to know the answers.

25 Likes

Summary post

Day 3: April 3rd
Missed :upside_down_face:

Day 4: April 4th
What did I read?: ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณใƒปใƒใ‚คใ‚ฆใ‚งใ‚ค :penguin:
How much did I read?: 3 pages
How long did it take me?: 15 min

Wow new record for earliest missed challenge day for me :upside_down_face: I honestly just could not do it yesterday, idek, I was like all I need to do is open the book and read one page to keep my challenge streak, but I still couldnโ€™t get myself to do it :sob: I really donโ€™t know how to explain this, Iโ€™m so tired for no reason and sort of bored but also everything just feels torturous to do.

I did force myself to open the book today. Why is it a struggle this is supposed to be fun youโ€™re supposed to enjoy this hhhhh brain why are you like this Hoping I will be out of the doldrums tomorrow :upside_down_face:

29 Likes

4ๆœˆ2-3ๆ—ฅ :cherry_blossom:
:house:

Read: ๅ‡†ๆ•™ๆŽˆใƒป้ซ˜ๆงปๅฝฐ่‰ฏใฎๆŽจๅฏŸ2 (25% โ†’ 41%)
Made it around halfway through the second chapter.

Vocab

ๅ››ๆ–นๅ…ซๆ–น ใ—ใปใ†ใฏใฃใฝใ† in all directions
ไธญ่€ณ็‚Ž ใกใ‚…ใ†ใ˜ใˆใ‚“ otitis media; inflammation of the middle ear

Read: ๅ‰ฃใŒๅ›
Time: Way too long
Decided to start playing the game ๅ‰ฃใŒๅ› which Iโ€™ve heard really good things about but also that itโ€™s not an easy read. Itโ€™s definitely not, the exposition at the beginning was rough to get through. I almost decided to drop it and come back later but I decided to push through. Itโ€™s set in the Edo period and there was a lot of historical descriptions and name dropping of people whose names I didnโ€™t know how to read so my reading pace slowed down a lot. Once I got past there though things went a lot more smoothly and I got really into the game and ended up playing until way too late.
Edit: Apparently thereโ€™s a trial version on the switch if anyoneโ€™s interested

Bonus cute Tanuki friend
202304041910371_3

Vocab

่‡ชๅˆƒ ใ˜ใ˜ใ‚“ suicide by the sword
ๅฃซ่พฒๅทฅๅ•† ใ—ใฎใ†ใ“ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใ† hierarchy of samurai, farmers, artisans, and merchants in Edo society
ๆก‘ๅŽŸๆก‘ๅŽŸ ใใ‚ใฐใ‚‰ใใ‚ใฐใ‚‰ knock on wood

26 Likes

:tulip:April 4:tulip:
|||||Home Post|||||

:white_flower:Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar
Just reviewed some things, making sure I understand each key word from Grammatical Terms.

:video_game:ไบŒใƒŽๅ›ฝ็™ฝใ่–็ฐใฎๅฅณ็Ž‹ใƒปใƒใƒใƒŠใ‚ทใ‚ข็Ž‹ๅ›ฝใธ่กŒใ“ใ†๏ผ
Focused on some side quests and leveling my ใ‚ฆใƒƒใ‚ญใƒผ so that it was useful.

27 Likes

Home

ใƒป๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ”ๆ—ฅใƒป

• 41 pages of ใ‚ตใƒžใƒผใ‚ตใ‚คใƒ€ใƒผ, finishing ch 1 and starting ch 2, leaving off on pg 63. Oh my god. The neighboring town (across a mountain pass) is ้ˆด็„กๅธ‚ Suzumu-shi, which in 2.43 is the name of a town that neighbors ็ด‹ไปฃ็”บ Monshiro-chou (not with mountains between), both of which are where several of the 2.43 characters live. I wonder if itโ€™s the same Suzumu.
    Oh no, ch 2 starts with a flashback to the beginning of last year, and Iโ€™ve become fond of the teacher who will die mysteriously 4 months from then.
Some vocab of note:

ไธ€็†ใ‚ใ‚‹ (ใ„ใกใ‚Šใ‚ใ‚‹) [expression, ใƒฉไบ”] to have a point; to have some truth; to some sense; to have some merit
่ฆชๅˆ†ๅญๅˆ† (ใŠใ‚„ใถใ‚“ใ“ใถใ‚“) [n.] boss and henchmen; boss and underlings
่’ผ็ฉน (ใใ†ใใ‚…ใ†) [n.] formal/literary version of ้’็ฉบ
่Ÿฌๆ™‚้›จ (ใ›ใฟใ—ใใ‚Œ) [expression, n.] outburst of cicadas singing; chorus of cicadas
ๆญฏใฉใ‚ใŒใ‹ใ‹ใ‚‰ใชใ„ [expression, ใ„-adj.] unstoppable (of something bad)
็”ทๅ‹ใ‚Š (ใŠใจใ“ใพใ•ใ‚Š) [n., ใช-adj., ใฎ-adj.] (of a gal) strong-minded; spirited; mannish
็ผใ‘็ˆ›ใ‚Œใ‚‹ (ใ‚„ใ‘ใŸใ ใ‚Œใ‚‹) [่‡ชไธ€] to be hideously burned; to be burned raw
ๅคœ็›ฎใŒๅˆฉใ(ใ‚ˆใ‚ใŒใใ) [expression, ใ‚ซไบ”] to see well in the dark; to have good night vision
ใ—ใŠใ‚‰ใ—ใ„ [ใ„-adj.] meek; gentle; modest; sweet. Nothing to do with salt lol
ๅ…ˆๅคฉ็š„(ใ›ใ‚“ใฆใ‚“ใฆใ) [ใช-adj.] inborn; innate; inherent; congenital; hereditary
ๅพŒๅคฉ็š„(ใ“ใ†ใฆใ‚“ใฆใ) [ใช-adj.] acquired. I also happened upon that ๅพŒๅคฉ means โ€œthe day after tomorrowโ€ in Chinese, though it has no such meaning in Japanese.
ๅˆไฝ“้จ“(ใฏใคใŸใ„ใ‘ใ‚“ or ใ—ใ‚‡ใŸใ„ใ‘ใ‚“) [n.] first sexual experience. It also more generally just means โ€œfirst experience (of something),โ€ but in this case it was clearly the former lol
ๅพŒใ‚ใ‚ใŸใ„ (ใ†ใ—ใ‚ใ‚ใŸใ„) [ใ„-adj.] guilty (conscience, feeling, look, etc.); (feeling) uneasy

23 Likes

Feeling this, though for me I kind of know the reason, Iโ€™ve got a nasty cold and am on a tour of Jordan (Egypt last week).

Yesterday I walked 22000 steps, many of them uphill, and felt like death in the evening with low grade fever. My Covid test is negative but Iโ€™m suspicious stillโ€ฆ

4/4 1 page ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง - I did push myself to read a single page!

21 Likes

:books: :blossom: softlyrainingโ€™s blossoming book stack :cherry_blossom: :open_book:

April 4th

:orange_square: NANA 1 (49% โ†’ 55%)

I have thoughts, but itโ€™s already late here, so theyโ€™ll have to wait until tomorrow.

25 Likes

If youโ€™re on a PC, a really easy way to do this is to type your Japanese text in Word, then use Ruby in Word to put on furigana. Then copy and paste from Word into Wanikani. The coding happens automatically somehow and it shows up correctly.

ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชž(ใซใปใ‚“ใ”)

The ruby button in Word looks like this:

12 Likes

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ5ๆ—ฅ

ใ“ใ‚“ใฐใ‚“ใฏใ€‚ไปŠๆ—ฅใฏใกใ‚‡ใฃใจใ ใ‘่ชญใฟใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ใจใ“ใ‚ใŒใ€ๅพŒใงใ‚ฒใƒผใƒ ใ‚’ใƒ—ใƒฌใ‚คใ™ใ‚‹ใคใ‚‚ใ‚Šใงใ™ใ€‚ๆ˜จๆ—ฅใฏๅœฐ็„ๆฅฝใฎใ‚ขใƒ‹ใƒกๅŒ–ใ‚’่ฆณใŸใ‹ใ‚‰ๆผซ็”ปใ‚’่ฒทใฃใŸใ€‚ใใ—ใฆๆ˜Žๆ—ฅใ‹ใ‚‰่ชญใ‚€ใคใ‚‚ใ‚Šใงใ™ใ€‚

22 Likes

ๆฏŽๆ—ฅ่ชญ่งฃใƒใƒฃใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธใƒป3~4ๆ—ฅ็›ฎ

ไบˆๅฎš้€šใ‚ŠๆฏŽๆ—ฅใƒ†ใ‚ญใ‚นใƒˆใ‚’่ชญใ‚“ใงใ„ใพใƒผใ™๏ผใ‚ฎใƒชใ‚ฎใƒชใชใ‚“ใ ใ‘ใฉโ€ฆ (Tโˆ€T )
ใจใฃใฆใ‚‚ๆ™‚้–“ใ‹ใ‹ใ‚‹ใฎใงใ€้€ฑๆœซใซๅˆ†ใ‹ใ‚‰ใชใ„่ชžๅฝ™ใจๆ–‡ๆณ•ใƒใ‚คใƒณใƒˆใ‚’ๅ…ฅใ‚Œใ‚‹ใคใ‚‚ใ‚Šใงใ™ใ€‚

Tired of reading in Japanese? English version here~

Read Everyday Challenge โ€ข Days 3-4

Iโ€™m reading my textbook everyday, according to plan! Just barely thoโ€ฆ (Tโˆ€T )
Itโ€™ll take a lot of time, so I plan to add vocabulary and grammar points that I donโ€™t know over the weekend.

To write in Japanese, or not write in Japanese... extra notes!

I sympathise with wanting to wait to use Japanese until you know there wonโ€™t be any errors. In the end, I learned just diving in and making mistakes is the best way for me to learn!

All this to say โ€“ I donโ€™t recommend anyone use my writing/speaking as a point of study 'cause itโ€™s probably full of inaccuracies haha. Also, if anyone feels the urge to correct me please feel welcome, and Iโ€™ll update my posts~

:cherry_blossom: ใƒ›ใƒผใƒ ๆŠ•็จฟ :cherry_blossom:

26 Likes

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :cherries: :cherry_blossom: April 1

Played BU$TAFELLOWS for half an hour

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :cherries: :cherry_blossom: April 2

Played B$ for 1.5h, finishing Shuuโ€™s route so Iโ€™m up to date with the club. Read this weekโ€™s ๅƒ•ใŒๆ„›ใ—ใŸใ™ในใฆใฎๅ›ใธ for the IBC and restarted reading ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš which I dropped back in November around the 25% mark if I remember correctly due toโ€ฆlife. Only got to 2% though.

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :cherries: :cherry_blossom: April 3

Read some of this weekโ€™s Grammar Dictionary reading, started 999 for the VN club although I only played for 15 minutes, and read ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš (2% โ†’ 13%).

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :cherries: :cherry_blossom: April 4

Some Grammar Dictionary, and then mostly reading ใ‚ใŸใ—ใฎๅนธใ›ใช็ตๅฉš (13% โ†’ 28%). Iโ€™m already past the place where I dropped it the first time, that was faster than expected!

Iโ€™ve also heard both of those! I really want to play it eventually but probably need to get a few more games/books under my belt first. Looking forward to seeing how you fare with it and if the hard parts are just at the start or throughout the whole game.

31 Likes

:cherry_blossom: APRIL HOME POST :cherry_blossom:

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ5ๆ—ฅ/:tulip:
ใกใ‚‡ใฃใจ้…ใ‚Œใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ‘ใฉใ€ๅƒ•ใ‚‚ไปŠใ‹ใ‚‰ๆฏŽๆ—ฅ่ชญใ‚€ใ“ใจใซ้ ‘ๅผตใ‚‹ใคใ‚‚ใ‚Šใงใ™๏ผไปŠ่ชญใ‚“ใงใ„ใ‚‹ใƒฉใƒŽใƒ™ใฏใ˜ใคใฏๆœฌๆฅฝๆ›ฒใƒœใ‚ซใƒญใ‚คใƒ‰ใฎๆ›ฒใฎๅฐ่ชฌๅŒ–ใจใ—ใŸใ‚‚ใฎใงใ™ใ€‚
ใใฎใ‚ฟใ‚คใƒˆใƒซใฏใ‚ฐใƒƒใƒใ‚คๅฎฃ่จ€๏ผๅŽปๅนดใฎๅคใงใฏใพใฃใฆใŸๆ›ฒใงใ‚‚ใ‚ใ‚‹ใ—ใ€๏ผˆ็‰นใซใ‚ฎใ‚ฟใƒผใ‚ฝใƒญใ„ใ„ใงใญ๏ผ‰
ใƒฉใƒŽใƒ™ใจใ—ใฆใ‚‚ใ™ใ”ใ้ข็™ฝใ„ไฝœๅ“ใ ใจๆ€ใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚ไปŠใฏๅ…ญๅใƒšใƒผใ‚ธใใ‚‰ใ„่ชญใ‚“ใ ใจใ“ใ‚ใงใ™ใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ6ๆ—ฅ/:blossom:
็ฌฌไบŒ็ซ ใพใงๅฑŠใใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ไปŠๆ—ฅใ‚‚ไบŒๅใƒšใƒผใ‚ธใใ‚‰ใ„่ชญใ‚ใฆๅฎŸใฏ่‡ชๅˆ†ใซ่ช‡ใ‚Šใซๆ€ใ†ใ€‚
ใใ‚ใใ‚ใƒ†ใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒณไธŠใŒใ‚‹ใจใ“ใ‚ใซๆฅใŸใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‚ใฃใกใ‚ƒ่ชญใฟใŸใใชใ‚‹ใ€‚
I also got to WK Level 32 today!

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ7ๆ—ฅ/:cherry_blossom:
ๆ™ฎๆฎตใฏๅคœใซ่ชญใ‚“ใงใ„ใ‚‹ใ‘ใฉไปŠๆ—ฅใฏๅฆ™ใซ้ ญใฏใ‹ใ‚†ใ‹ใฃใŸใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‚ใ‚“ใพใ‚Š่ชญใพใšใซๅฏใ‚‹ใ“ใจใซใ—ใŸใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ9ๆ—ฅ/:tulip:
่ฉฆ้จ“้€ฑ้–“ใ ใฃใŸใ‹ใ‚‰ๆ˜จๆ—ฅ่ชญใ‚ใชใ‹ใฃใŸใ‘ใฉใ€ไปŠๆ—ฅใฏๅใƒšใƒผใ‚ธใใ‚‰ใ„่ชญใ‚€ใ“ใจใŒใงใใŸใ€‚ๅฟ™ใ—ใใชใ‚Šใใ†ใ ใŒ้ ‘ๅผตใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ15ๆ—ฅ/:blossom:
่ฉฆ้จ“้€ฑ้–“็ต‚ใ‚ใ‚‹ใจใ“ใ‚ใงใ™๏ผ๏ผ ใ€
ใใ—ใฆใพใŸ่ชญใฟๅง‹ใ‚ใ‚‹ใจใ—ใŸๅƒ•ใฏไปŠๆ—ฅใ€ไบŒๅใƒšใƒผใ‚ธ่ชญใฟใพใ—ใŸใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ16ๆ—ฅ/:cherry_blossom:
็ฌฌไธ‰็ซ ใซๅฑŠใใพใ—ใŸ๏ผ

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ17ๆ—ฅ/:tulip:
่ชญใ‚€ใปใฉ่ชญใฟใŸใใชใ‚‹ใ€‚ๅŠๅˆ†ใใ‚‰ใ„่ชญใ‚“ใ ใจใ“ใ‚ใงใ™ใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ22ๆ—ฅ /:blossom:
ไปŠ้€ฑๅฟ™ใ—ใ‹ใฃใŸใ€‚ใงใ‚‚ไปŠใ‹ใ‚‰ๆฏŽๆ—ฅ่ชญใ‚€ใ“ใจใ‚’้€ฒใ‚€ใคใ‚‚ใ‚Šใงใ™ใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ24ๆ—ฅ /:cherry_blossom:
็ฌฌๅ››็ซ ๅฎŒไบ†๏ผ๏ผ

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ25ๆ—ฅ /:tulip:
ใŸใพใซๅญฆๆ กใง่ชญใ‚‚ใ†ใ‹ใชใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ28ๆ—ฅ /:blossom:
ๅ››ๆœˆใฎๅŠๅˆ†ใใ‚‰ใ„ใง่ชญใ‚€ใ“ใจใซใชใ‚‹ใ‘ใฉไบ”ๆœˆใซใฏ้ ‘ๅผตใ‚Šใพใ™ใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ29ๆ—ฅ /:cherry_blossom:
ไปŠๆ—ฅใŸใใ•ใ‚“่ชญใฟใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ใ‚ใจไบ”ๅใƒšใƒผใ‚ธใใ‚‰ใ„ๆฎ‹ใฃใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€‚ใงใ‚‚ไปŠๆ—ฅ่ชญใ‚“ใ ใจใ“ใ‚ใƒžใ‚ธใ‚จใƒขใ‹ใฃใŸใ‚ใ€‚ๆ—ฉใ่ชญใฟ็ถšใ‘ใŸใ„ใ‘ใฉใ€ไปŠๆ—ฅใฏใ‚‚ใ†ๅฏใพใ™ใ€‚

2023ๅนด4ๆœˆ30ๆ—ฅ /:tulip:
1ๅ†Š็›ฎใ‚’่ชญใฟ็ต‚ใˆใŸใ€‚ใ™ใฃใ”ใๆ„Ÿๅ‹•ใ—ใŸใ€ๆœ€้ซ˜ใ ใฃใŸใ€‚ๅ››ๆœˆใซไธ€ๅ†Š่ชญใฟ็ต‚ใˆใฆใ†ใ‚Œใ—ใ„ใ€‚ไบ”ๆœˆใซใ‚‚ไธ€ๅ†Š่ชญใฟ็ต‚ใˆใŸใ„ใ€‚

Apr
ๆœˆ ็ซ ๆฐด ๆœจ ้‡‘ ๅœŸ ๆ—ฅ
01 02
03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
29 Likes

:cherry_blossom: 5ๆœˆ๏ผ’ๆ—ฅ โ€ข Home Post

Iโ€™m back and better than ever - had to take yesterday off cause my burnout was really not happy, but I got through another chapter today so the rest definitely panned out. I will at some later point reply to all you wonderful people, but for now Iโ€™m just popping in to say I read.

ใŒใ‚“ใฐใฃใฆใ€ใฟใ‚“ใช๏ผ

30 Likes

Apr 3
I read around 10 pages of ใƒœใƒƒใ‚ณใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ if people wonder it took me around 45 minutes.

Played some more Ciel no Surge DX ใ‚คใ‚ชใƒณ has finally finished the new costume itโ€™s a shrine maiden outfit. It just took her four days in real life.

Restored some of her memories. She rescued and became friends with a baby dragon. I also wish I had a dragon I could mount it and fly on its back. :laughing:

5589 pages read

27 Likes

5th april

home post

with jjk over, iโ€™ve started the only other single volume of manga i have left (everything else is a series), ๆ€งๅˆฅ(ใ›ใ„ในใค)ใ€ŒใƒขใƒŠใƒชใ‚ถใ€ใฎๅ›(ใใฟ)ใธ and read two chapters (which are called โ€˜paintsโ€™ for, idk, reasons). iโ€™ve actually skimmed this volume before, but there was a fair bit i missed so itโ€™s worth going through again in more detail. bit wary of where thisโ€™ll go, but itโ€™s alright to read.

words that stood out: ๅฏ(ใญ)ใผใ‘ใ‚‹ (to be half asleep), ไผผ้ก”็ตต(ใซใŒใŠใˆ) (portrait, likeness), and ใฑใฑใฃใจ (quickly) cos it sounds fun. this ruby script is a life saver omg

26 Likes

Home Post

Day 4 Progress:
ใŠ้šฃใฎๅคฉไฝฟๆง˜ 5.5 SSๅ†Š โ†’ 80.61% โ†’ 87.62%
ใ€†ๅˆ‡ๅ‰ใซใฏ็™พๅˆใŒๆ—ใ‚‹ - 29.42% โ†’ 41.78%

Picking up ใ€†็™พๅˆ was a good choice- it might be the first time since Iโ€™ve started reading that Iโ€™ve been able to kind of just turn my brain off and enjoy what Iโ€™m reading for the most part, with maybe one or two lookups a page at most.

Word of the Day: ่ฆชไธ็Ÿฅ(ใŠใ‚„ใ—ใ‚‰ใš) - wisdom tooth; not knowing who your parents are. The wisdom tooth definition seems to come from the fact that your wisdom teeth donโ€™t typically sprout until you leave home and become independent.

Oh, son of a- not only did my dumb ass not even consider the fact that such an essential forum function would have a much more convenient script, I didnโ€™t even realize there was a shorthand format for it and like javerend said Iโ€™ve just been <ruby>-ing this entire timeโ€ฆ :sweat:

31 Likes

:raccoon: :seedling: :cherry_blossom: The Reading Meadow :cherry_blossom: :seedling: :raccoon:

April 5th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 26.17% // Volume III: 94.01% :violin:

Today I learned that googling Japanese words youโ€™ve never seen before isnโ€™t always the best of ideas.

Words found in a tree stump

็‹‚ๅ–œใ€Œใใ‚‡ใ†ใใ€ใƒผ Wild joy; ecstasy
ๅๅ™จใ€Œใ‚ใ„ใใ€ใƒผ Famous/excellent utensil; famed musical instrument (like a Stradivarius)

I was not prepared for the Google search of this word, though I should have guessed with โ€œDistinguished Receptacleโ€ being a potential meaning :rofl:
It has a vulgar meaning which apparently seems to be the one favoured by Google (of course):

An excellent/amazing vagina
Google brings up a lot of adverts for those fake rubber hip-area products that are favoured by people needing the bonk stick.

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 15??
(Currently 1567)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant
โ€“ ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€
็น”็”ฐ ๅบƒ่‰ฏใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฒใ‚ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€(cousin to Nobunaga)
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(also called: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
ๅทๅฃ ๅฎ—ๅ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใใก ใ‚€ใญใ‹ใคใ€(Common name: ไน…ๅŠฉใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ—ฅๆฏ”้‡Ž ๅ…ญๅคงๅคซใ€Œใฒใณใฎ ใ‚ใใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€
ๆขถ็”ฐ ็›ด็นใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใŸ ใชใŠใ—ใ’ใ€(also called: ้šผไบบใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใ€)
ๆพๅŽŸ ๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
โ€“ ๅ €ๅฐพ ๆณฐๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅ‰ไน…ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใฒใ•ใ€) - Father
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(also called: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ ๅฐšๆธ…ใ€Œใ„ใ„ใฎใŠ ใฒใ•ใใ‚ˆใ€
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€
่’ฒ็”Ÿ ๆฐ้ƒทใ€ŒใŒใ‚‚ใ† ใ†ใ˜ใ•ใจใ€
่’ๆœจ ๆ‘้‡ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚‰ใ ใ‚€ใ‚‰ใ—ใ’ใ€

Matsudaira Clan โ†’ name change to โ†’ Tokugawa Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€(name change: ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Leader of the Matsudaira Clan
โ€“ ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€- Eldest son

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also called: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€// new name because itโ€™s a new year so why not, letโ€™s have a new name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ ใพใ•ใ‹ใค) - Leader of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€- Wife
โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Eldest son
โ€“ ๅˆๅ้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Cousin

ๆธก่พบ ๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้•ทไบ• ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Retainer

Ujiie Clan
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€- Military Commander

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ็พฉ็ตฑใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใšใฟ ๏ผ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Military Commander

Kanbe Clan
ๅฑฑ่ทฏ ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ˜ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Military Commander

Date Clan
ไผŠ้” ๆ”ฟๅฎ—ใ€Œใ ใฆ / ใ„ใ ใฆ ใพใ•ใ‚€ใญใ€(also know as: ็‹ฌ็œผ้พใ€Œใ ใใŒใ‚“ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€(one-eyed dragon) - Leader of the Date clan

Miyoshi Clan
ๅๆฒณ ๅญ˜ไฟใ€Œใใ”ใ† ใพใ•ใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander

Mino Province
ๅคงๆฒข ๆฌก้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใ•ใ‚ ใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ่™Žใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใ€) - Lord of Unuma Castle
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้พ่ˆˆใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใŸใคใŠใใ€- Daimyo

Military Commanders
ไธ็ ด ๅ…‰ๆฒปใ€Œใตใ‚ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€(also called: ๅนณๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎšๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ•ใ ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ็ฏ„ไฟŠใ€Œใฎใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
โ€“ ็ซนไธญ ๅ–„ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใœใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Subordinate

Aki Province
็ฆๅณถ ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใ„ใกใพใคใ€- Son of Hideyoshiโ€™s aunt

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅนฝๆ–Žใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใ•ใ„ใ€) - Military Commander

Unaffiliated
ๆต็“Šใ€Œใˆใ‘ใ„ใ€- Travelling monk
ๅฐพๅทž ้ขจๅฎขใ€Œใณใ—ใ‚…ใ† ใตใ†ใใ‚ƒใใ€- Mountain Hermit
ๅƒๅˆฉไผ‘ใ€Œใ›ใ‚“ใฎใ‚Šใใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Ultimate tea master
ๆ›ฝๅ‘‚ๅˆฉ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใ†ใ‚Š ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(also know as: ๆ‰ๆœฌใ€Œใ™ใŽใ‚‚ใจใ€) ใƒผ Scabbard maker

27 Likes

5/04/2023 :fairy:t2: Home Post Link

Read 4 pages from ใ‚ˆใคใฐใจ today! I went from โ€œomg should I just give upโ€ to โ€œomg how do I understand everything.โ€ I think itโ€™s so interesting that this manga goes from easy to intermediate to easy and back. Itโ€™s almost fun (except when I have to read tooo many dialogues).

I use mokuro for definition and all that, but I found the vocab sheet today and Iโ€™ve been referring to that. All these resources are too good, makes learning so much more easier :man_bowing:t5:

I see so many people listing out words and I want to try doing that from today! I think itโ€™ll help with remembering too.

words I added to Bunpro SRS (not much today)
  • ๆจใฆใ‚‹ - to throw away, to cast away, to dump, to discard
  • ๅผ•ใฃ่ถŠใ™ - to move (house), to change residence
28 Likes