📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall 2022 🍁🍂

:lady_beetle: Home :lady_beetle:

October 4

おじさまと(ねこ)
148 - 178 (end)

Finally finished that volume! The author’s notes say that it’s now both a cat and music manga, so I feel more validated about dropping it. Like it’s nice and cute, but when I started reading, I was only interested in the cat aspect. Tomorrow(?), I’ll probably start vol 7, although I’m taking JoJo to work too because I have the protector for that size manga (Ojisama is too big and therefore stays at home).

ジョジョの奇妙な冒険48
62 - 88
ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

27 Likes

Not me wondering how you got diacritics on your boxes :flushed: :joy:

10 Likes

My man. xD we’re basically doing the same thing. Granted I that with light novels. I need to get a manga sized one.

8 Likes

:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:Those book protectors are everything. If the shounen manga sized one didn’t cover most of my books, I’d have a whole bunch in different sizes

7 Likes

Just gotta be the coolest catboy

12 Likes

:tiger2: :books: The Tanuki Autumn Onsen :hotsprings: :raccoon:

20221004 - 吾輩は狸である progress: 41.29% :bangbang:

Wagahai-cat awakens from his slumber to a noise, the mouse?! He quickly hides himself and prepares for Operation Nezumi.

Even the masterful strategy of Operation Nezumi isn’t enough for these crafty invaders, they are too quick, too small, and he is too tired. More sleep is needed. After rest he will definitely be able to catch a mouse.

But なに - a surprise attack in his sleep, how dare they interrupt naptime! Wagahai-cat flees in fear of his life as the monstrous beings lurk in the darkness.

This also concludes chapter five, which was a really fun read, probably my favourite chapter so far.

:fallen_leaf: Japanese found under the leaves :fallen_leaf:

Meowords

小癪「こしゃく」ー Impudent; cheeky
摺鉢「すりばち」ー Earthenware mortar (mortar & pestle) (also: すり鉢)
蹲踞「そんきょ」ー Crouching; formal crouch at the beginning of sumo matches

31 Likes

Slowly getting ready for the Autumn Challenge :smiley:

Home Post

This time around I will skip the calendar with the icons and instead post my page counts here weekly. (I hope :sweat_smile:)

This is the first week of October: [1]

Currently playing catch-up with the TUGUMI book club, but I was travelling with a friend which left very very little time as we had a lot to talk about :sweat_smile:

1. weeks start on Monday and end on Sunday ↩︎

28 Likes

:fallen_leaf: Day 4, 4th of October :maple_leaf:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

I wanted to do something for my grammar understanding and didn’t have time to do textbook work today, so I read some of the provided reading on Bunpro. Only the first two lessons, and I kept misreading the furigana. I had to increase zoom levels to 200% before I could read them without squinting (さ and き my beloathed). I guess that’s one way to motivate myself to learn more Kanji.

29 Likes

On October the 4th I read:

Tadoku graded readers

山に行きました – にほんごたどく
メキシコの犬 – にほんごたどく
ディアさんの冬休み – にほんごたどく
がんばっているみなさんへ – にほんごたどく

28 Likes

Home post :bookmark: Oct 4 :fallen_leaf:

・ 本好きの下剋上 11 (26% → 32%)

Today’s chapter was hilarious, probably my favorite so far in the book: the part where Mayne imbues Angelica’s sword with magic power. I do feel a bit guilty for not getting any studies done tho, so here’s to a day on campus tomorrow! (And hopefully can manage to read book in the evening)

Nyehehe, I has successfully migrated my book tracking tables from doc to excel >:3

Main table

Table of challenges

28 Likes

October 4th!

Today I read a chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san. It was a cute chapter about building snowmen.
I was going to read a chapter of Mitsuboshi Colors too, but I’ve had a busy week (even though its only Tuesday :sweat_smile:) so I decided not to push myself to do too much tonight.

(Home Post)

24 Likes

October 4 :heavy_check_mark: :crab: (actually :parrot:)

化身, 63-65%

Didn’t make much progress today. This section of the story was mainly about the bubble economy and its aftermath, and how people, and specifically the narrator, were still struggling financially - which was an important reason why they hesitated getting a pet in the first place. I’m starting to think the horror will turn out to be much more mundane than I had imagined - maybe the bird will lead them to bankruptcy and eventually homelessness in order to keep him warm and fed? :joy:

23 Likes

Today I read one fourth of chapter 11 of the Monobeno visual novel.
Also the next 8 pages of the Shin Kanzen Master Reading N1 book.

23 Likes

:fallen_leaf::maple_leaf: October 4 :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf: home post link🏡

Today, I read 北風と太陽, or The North Wind and the Sun (on Wasabi, link in home post). I read all 5 lessons of this N4 story. I read the Japanese text first, then tried to translate it into English, and then compared my translation to their English translation. I understood most of the Japanese and could fill in the gaps with context clues.

Summary of reading

The North Wind and the Sun are arguing about who is stronger. They decide to settle their argument by seeing who can make this man take off his cloak the fastest. The North Wind goes first and blows strong wind at the man. However, the man simply goes, “Oh, it’s cold,” and puts on another cloak. So the North Wind really failed to make the man take off his cloak (the guy put on a whole other cloak lol!). Then, the Sun shines some hot sunshine towards the man, and he takes one of his cloaks off. The Sun shines even harder, and the man takes his other cloak off. So the Sun wins, and the moral of the story is to not show off your power like the North Wind did, but to use your brain and use your power while considering the feelings of the people, which is what the Sun did. Overall, pretty interesting story.

26 Likes

:house_with_garden: Home post

10月03日

• 原神

10月04日

• 原神

Started Genshin finally. Going well, I’m able to mine vocabulary cards although not as fast as with ルーパーズ but it’s alright, I’m having fun. Nothing much has happened in the game yet, I’m at the very beginning, but I’m hyped :eyes: . There’s a ton of reading to do, I hope it doesn’t get too overwhelming, but lately I’m very happy with where my understanding of Japanese while playing games has gotten so hopefully it’s not too bad.

I’ll resume my JP playthrough of FFXIV soon ish, there are so many games to play and I want to play them all at the same time D: . I never finished Chrono Trigger and I was at what looked like the very end :joy: . I have a history of casually quitting games even at the end, woops. I will finish it for sure, though.

26 Likes

Summary Post

Day 4: October 4th
What did I read?: 夜の名前を呼んで
How much did I read?: 24 pages
How long did it take me?: 25 min

Crying over the man with star-colored hair, Day 3 :face_holding_back_tears:
I honestly cannot convey how much I adore him, I was so looking forward to reading this today after work because I knew I’d get to see him and his cute face.

Him and his cute face - some spoiler-free cuts

Bringing her flowers, like

Such eyes :face_holding_back_tears:

He is literally so sweet, I actually cannot :see_no_evil:

Let me tell you what happened today

Mira got a letter from her parents, who are apparently very far away from where they are now. They sent her a little pressed flower, one of her favorite flowers from her homeland. A sunspot flower. Which - adorable :face_holding_back_tears: But the whole thing kind of makes her sad, which Rei immediately notices because the sky starts to go dark outside while he’s watering the flowers. He brings her flowers from the garden, already adorable, and then he sees the pressed flower and like, talks to her about it, and then just…casually magics up a little terrarium view of the flower’s “memories,” which include her home, the fields around it, and her parents’ thoughts as they were picking out the flower for her. Which- BYE MY HEART

This pic does not even do this beautiful 2-page spread justice, I just couldn’t take a good picture of it without hurting the spine of the book :smiling_face_with_tear:

THEN THEY PREPARE A RETURN GIFT OF PRESSED FLOWERS FROM THEIR OWN GARDEN AND SEND IT TO HER PARENTS I’M-

Best manga, 10/10

29 Likes

Quick update for my accountability – I made it through 2500 characters of Flowers today. A success considering I spent hours today in a doctor’s office (nothing serious, just very annoying problems sorta preventing me from doing what I want) and I’m taking some short term medication now, though no real negative effects noticed just yet. After the VN wanted to throw things like a brief summary of the history of old Bible translations at me, I was out of energy. Hoping for more reading tomorrow but I can say I didn’t fail :slightly_smiling_face:

29 Likes

2022-10-05T01:34:00Z

It turns out that I shouldn’t have changed my routine so abruptly. I got out of the habit of reading manga and then I got distracted. So now I have a 2-day gap in this challenge. :face_exhaling: :smiling_face_with_tear: :cry: (I couldn’t figure out what emoji to use.) I chose オトメン(乙男) 2 to read this challenge. I read the first volume in my first challenge and I’ve just realised that it’s quite appropriate for this anniversary challenge. (Though maybe I should’ve saved it for December so it would be a true anniversary but there’s no need to go that far, right?)

27 Likes

October 4 :maple_leaf: Home Post

Finished up volume 2 of ブルーロック! It’s an absolutely wild time, I’m having a lot of fun with it :grin: good thing I have several more volumes!

26 Likes

Read 7 pages of 青ブタ during lunch. Was reading pretty slow on purpose because my day is kind of dragging. Haven’t played Danganronpa in a couple days and Nier comes on Friday. No way am I gonna finish in time, but still would like to finish V3 before jumping into Nier. Idk, I am pretty out of it today but I am putting in the effort I can. I mostly just want to watch JoJo right now, but can’t do that at work, so T-T I will probably do that at home.

26 Likes