Re Zero Volume 7 Post Reading discussion

First of all, congratulation for finishing the Seventh volume of Re Zero :tada:

Re Zero Home Thread

Previous Chapter
In short, I want to have everyone’s opinion on Re Zero book 7 and on the book club in general.

Here are some rules
-This is a friendly discussion, not a debate about who is wrong or right so respect is compulsory.
-Some of these questions ask for Constructive comments not insults. Again respect is compulsory
-Your opinion is important so please speak up.
-Have fun.
-Do not spoil future books. If you speak about future expectation please use the spoiler tag.
-Since the book is about the first volume…
WARNING THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILER ABOUT VOLUME 7

How did you like the book(1 = very bad, 10 = perfect)

0 voters

I would like if you can describe in more details your experience so here are some guideline. These are only guidelines you don’t need to use them but I can help you develop your opinion.

-Was the story plot good, interesting, made sense, captivating etc…
-The characters are well made, interesting, who is your favorite etc…
-The difficulty was good, too hard, too easy, grammar, vocab etc…

What difficulty was the book for you(1 = too easy, 10 = too hard)

0 voters

Next section is about the bookclub

How would you rate the Bookclub in therm of usefulness, fun, organisation(1 = worst book club, 10 = best book club)

0 voters

GuideLines
The book club is well made, easy to find/know, etc…
The book club is interesting, fun, etc
The book club is useful for learning, etc…

The last one is mostly to help me.

What did you think of me as the manager of bookclub(1 = worst, 10 = best) This poll is obviousy anonymous.

0 voters

Since it’s my fifth time managing a book club I want to know if there is anything I can do to make the book club more interesting for you guys. (Please be kind to me :sob:) I’m asking for ways for me to get better, for example, more details, more organization, change some things in my way of doing things, etc… I can accept critics so I won’t be mad if you say I’m bad :sob:
How do you like reading aloud?

• Really fun
  • Fun
  • okay
  • Bad
  • Really bad

0 voters

How do you rate the usefulness of reading aloud

• Very uselful
  • Useful
  • Not useful
  • Useless

0 voters

So yeah, I will be waiting to read about what you have to say :smile:

2 Likes

Dang, sorry! I really clicked by accident :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

We welcome the accidental visits too :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember the カララギ弁 from that リカード was hard to get through. That was a combination of all kinds of non-standard Japanese.

6 Likes

Usually I try to leave fewer traces, though :grin:

8 Likes

The usual ‘dang I really should be learning more vocab’ difficulty. It didn’t feel particularly more difficult than any of the other volumes to me, and was a much easier read than volume 4, if simply by virtue of being much more interesting. :eyes: There were some instances of me having to/wanting to re-read for better understanding. (The negotiation at the beginning was really difficult to understand for some reason - but simply re-reading that portion cleared things up so much I’m sure a good part of it was me brain-farting.)

I loved all the character interaction! - I really liked Julius in particular, little as there was of him in this volume. Looking forward to more quarrels next time. :slight_smile: But yeah, my favorite parts are really getting to know the characters better, of which there was so much!

6 Likes

It was probably one of my favorite so far, with volume 3 (I think). I really like that Subaru is finally doing things. I say finally, but obviously he was instrumental in volume 3 as well. Basically, he is a specialized anti-magic beast and anti-cultist unit :stuck_out_tongue: spend one black, return Subaru from cemetery to the field. Add a witch smell marker on Subaru.
It felt nice that he was basically considered the MVP this time. I hope to see more things like that in the future. Also he learned to ride! He is getting more independent!

I’m not super sure about the part on Wilhelm. I feel like it left out a lot, while still spending a lot of time just in the middle of plot. Like, what kind of crazy training did Wilhelm undertake to be able to overcome the 剣聖? Is he the father of the current 剣聖? Plus all the other stuff I commented previously about. But since he is tagging along, we will probably get to talk to him a bit more once we are done with the current troubles. (Speaking of which, too bad Subaru cannot have a voluntary savepoint… :stuck_out_tongue: Man, that must make the next fight even more nerve-wracking for him… even though for me it feels like this loop is “too big to fail”, so I expect positive results.

I really liked Julius in this book too.

I wanted to write more, but I never have the time, and it’s been days already since I finished the book. So, I’m just going to post this and be done with it. Better than no post :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I really liked the book. This one is probably the one with the most action.

For the difficulty, I found it slightly harder than other, because of the negotiation scene and the fighting scene. Some fighting scene, especially with Whilhelm, were hard to follow. I would probably have trouble to follow even in english. He run while slashing, slashing in X, doing triple axcel than do damage while the white whale spins or something. I rewatched the anime for these parts. It was helpful. I like the tree scene with Rem and Subaru I almost cried. REM BEST GIRL.

So I forgot to post the question in the OP so I will post them here

クルシュの剣技の名前は何ですか

• 剣鬼
  • 百人一太刀
  • 見えない斬撃
  • 空間斬撃
  • 魔法砲口
  • 雷の呼吸一の方霹靂一閃
  • 百斬撃

0 voters

こたえは百人一太刀

スバルの地竜の名前は何ですか

• パトラッシュ
  • ペトラ
  • 白鯨
  • ちゅんちゅんまる
  • 相棒
  • ペトラッシュ

0 voters

こたえはパトラッシュ

スバルの地竜は何性ですか

• 地竜は性がありません

0 voters

こたえは
ウィルヘルムのあだ名は何

• 白鯨
  • 剣聖
  • 公爵
  • セバスチャン
  • 剣鬼

0 voters

答えは剣鬼
白鯨が霧の種類が二つある

0 voters

答えは

have fun and tell me your score. I don’t think my quiz is especially hard but it can be a nice review or competition.

2 Likes

満点 :stuck_out_tongue:

スバルの地竜の名前は何ですか

白鯨

Will, he did ride it, but have mercy on Subaru.

4 Likes

さすが先輩っすね

I wanted to put out word that comes out in the book to try to confuse people. I doubt this one can confused people but if you laugh then it was worth it. I put some references to other anime in it I don’t know if you seen them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

… you got one wrong, though?

I also get one wrong by default since I didn’t even remember クルシュ’s skill had a name.

2 Likes

HE DID! You lied to me T.T

2 Likes

Woh I just noticed. I didn’t read all the options.

Let’s forget this happened:

Illustrations

Re_Zero_Volume_7_1

5 Likes

Thanks for the picture it’s really nice of you

I put some funny stuff in it though T.T

Oh, yeah, that illustration where they kiss… was she fighting in that dress and heels? Cause then she was at a hell of a disadvantage and I didn’t think his victory counts :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I actually did reread after you said that but still missed this one ;-;

Yeah the illustration is weird (maybe they wanted to make her wear a dress for the illustration), but here’s the anime:

2 Likes

I guessed wrong for クルシュ’s skill too. :upside_down_face:

Inconsistencies aside, I really, really like the art in re zero. It’s so pretty and full of life and death. :heart:

4 Likes

I was hoping to finish reading this a few days ago. I’m very close though and will be sharing some of my thoughts when I finish :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finished! (well a couple days ago, but hadn’t had a chance to post until now) I really liked this book. Alot more stuff happening, especially in regards to more in-depth understanding of characters.

I liked the interaction between Subaru and Julius towards the end. Julius was so ready to help Subaru with the witch cult, that it completely confused Subaru, since he thought Julius was mean/spiteful. I liked how cool Julius’ character has turned out to be, and him being fine with letting the past stay in the past, but Subaru just couldn’t let his hatred of him go (even after apologizing when he realised it was his fault :joy:)

It was nice hearing Wilhelm’s backstory and how much he changed since meeting Theresia. I just wished they could’ve shown more of what happened after he defeated her and got married, or at least the battle where she fell, it would’ve made Wilhelm’s killing of the white whale a bit more impactful (not that it wasn’t impactful :slight_smile:).

Towards the end, it was nice to hear a bit more about the witch cult and the reasons behind their leader’s names. We’re slowly getting to know more about them.

I’m looking forward to seeing what plans Subaru has for defeating the witch cult (by the sounds of it, he’s got something special in mind). He is so lucky to have got this far (perhaps luck is one of his hidden 加護? :smile:)

5 Likes

Can hardly call having to die multiple times at every problem luck :joy: But at least he can return :relieved:

You’ll have EX volumes 2 and 3 for that! (Haven’t read them yet but I know they’re completely about Wilhelm and Theresia)

5 Likes

Perhaps he hasn’t learned to control it yet :stuck_out_tongue: (tbh though, didn’t really think that one through :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes