Re Zero Volume 2 After Book Discussion

First of all, congratulation for finishing the second volume of Re Zero :tada:

Re Zero Home Thread

Previous Chapter

In short, I want to have everyone opinion on Re Zero book 2 and on the bookclub in general.

Here are some rules
-This is a friendly discussion, not a debat about who is wrong or right so respect is compulsory.
-Some of these question ask for Constructive comments not insults. Agains respect is compulsory
-Your opinion is important so please speak up.
-Have fun.
-Do not spoil futur book. If you speak about futur expectation please use the spoiler tag.
-Since the book is about the first volume…
WARNING THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILER ABOUT VOLUME 2

How did you like the book(1 = very bad, 10 = perfect)

0 voters

I would like if you can describe in more details your experience so here are some guideline. These are only guideline you don’t need to use them but I can help you develop your opinion.

-Was the story plot good, interesting, made sense, captivating etc…
-The characters are well made, interesting, who is your favorite etc…
-The difficulty was good, too hard, too easy, grammar, vocab etc…

What difficulty was the book for you(1 = too easy, 10 = too hard)

0 voters

Next section is about the bookclub

How would you rate the Bookclub in therm of usefulness, fun, organisation(1 = worst book club, 10 = best book club)

0 voters

GuideLines
The bookclub is well made,easy to find/know, etc…
The bookclub is interesting, fun, etc
The bookclub is useful for learning, etc…

The last one is mostly to help me.

What did you think of me as the manager of bookclub(1 = worst, 10 = best) This poll is obviousy anonymous.

0 voters

Since it’s my second time managing a bookclub I want to know if there is anything I can do to make the bookclub more interesting for you guys.(Please be kind to me :sob:) I’m asking for way for me to get better, for example more details, more organisation, change some things in my way of doing things etc… I can accept critics so I won’t be mad if you say i’m bad :sob:
How do you like reading aloud?

• Really fun
  • Fun
  • okay
  • Bad
  • Really bad

0 voters

How do you rate the usefulness of reading aloud

• Very uselful
  • Useful
  • Not useful
  • Useless

0 voters

here is a fun little quiz the answer are blur after the questions. Please write your result in the comments

ロズウェルの目は何色ですか。

• 青いと黄色
  • 青いと緑
  • 緑と黄いろ
  • 黄色と赤い
  • 赤いと緑

0 voters

答え:青いと黄色
スバルは何回死んでしましたか(この本の中)?

0 voters

答え: 4
青髪の少女の名前は。。。

• ラム
  • レム
  • エミリア
  • ベアトリス

0 voters

答え:レム
呪術師は誰ですか

• レム
  • ラム
  • パック
  • ロズワール
  • 今知りません

0 voters

答え今知りません
スバルの能力の名前は。。。

• 死に戻り
  • 死に帰り
  • 死に生き
  • 死から戻り
  • 死に戻る
  • 死から帰り

0 voters

答え死に戻り
スバルのナイフの名前は何ですか。

• 愛刀
  • リア
  • 流れ星
  • ミーティア
  • 風刀
  • エクスカリバー

0 voters

答え流れ星

I kinda missed time to make question but I hope these will be fun to do.
So yeah, I will be waiting to read about what you have to say :smile:

4 Likes

Are you sure about the (ひま) in the 暇知りません? Or did you mean (いま)?

4 Likes

what do you mean there is no mistake :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Indeed, must have been seeing things

5 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: congrats to you to! (you’re done now, right? :eyes:)

It’s not though. :wink:

book stuff

I was really surprised that this volume’s plot wasn’t resolved in one volume! Seems the author is really making good use of his contract and planning big things :tm:. I approve!

So far I feel like the story and characters are very consistent, so big :+1: on that from me. Really makes me look forward to future interactions between everyone.

My favorite character? Eh. ニーチャ of course. :eyes: I hear his fur feels very nice. :heart:

I feel if everyone got equal amounts of screen time, it might just be ロスワール. I appreciated his scenes, haha. But I don’t think I can say this with a lot of certainty since, well. Not a lot of appearances. :slight_smile:

The difficulty is really too hard. XD according to floflo I know like 50 percent of this book, and this percentage goes down with every book. :man_shrugging: I’m having fun though so whatever. It’s a nice incentive to not stop learning stuff.

book club stuff

I appreciate you running this book club! There’s no way I would’ve even tried to conquer the first volume of this without the motivation of finishing with everyone. Never mind this next one!

You try to keep everyone engaged with polls and start discussions about things.
It’s a bit sad we’re this few people, that’s the only thing I don’t like about this book club. But since we’re a stable few that’s still good.

I don’t know what I’m saying anymore.

:heart:

It’s really difficult since there’s so many words I don’t know, but the dialogues are always a lot of fun!

I think it’d be more useful if I knew more words? XD but it’s fun, and it gets me speaking the language, so. :+1:

This one’s the most difficult! I had to guess. XD

Appreciate the quiz, that was fun!

4 Likes

Yep i’m finish. Just takign some advance for volume 3 right now.

I wanted to make harder question but forgot to do it yesterday so I was already late. Had to find question on the top of my head. I will try to make them more challenging next time. I wanted to do like a 5 questions quiz for each week but I had no time.

1 Like

The quiz is a nice touch!

As for the book.
Crunching through the unlimited number of unknown vocabs is 辛辣, so it’s still really difficult. But we’re so close to the 3rd arc, so who am I to quit now :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m with @Belerith in that I could never have done this now without this club (I would, eventually, in some couple of years after weeping continuously that “I still can’t read ReZero”). And yes, a stable number of people is great even if our number is small! I like our current group and can’t think of it in any other way.

We’ll meet again in volume 3 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I really liked the book. There was less action than in the first one but the interaction between the character were very nice. The sarcastic Ram, the innocent Emilia, the sweet Rem, the interesting Roswald, the funny Paku, the badmouthed Beatrice and the colorful Subaru. The fun thing is I was reading “hear the wind sing” by Murakami for a class and the character in that book are all so emotionless and forgettabIe. The complet opposite of Re Zero. I found it a little slow paced but it probably because I watched te anime so I knew what was going to happen. I like when we are reading what Subaru is thinking. There were also nice heartbreaking moments in the book. Even if I knew what was gonna happen I had some small emotion.

For the difficulty it was hard at the some moments. There were entire pages that I had no idea what was happening. More in the beginning. Than at some point I was really double the ammount I usualy read per day. Either I got used to the style either I just didn’t put as much time in it. I will be able to do the 40 pages per day at this rate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot for the help. At some point I was posting 4-5 questions per weeks. Like a lot of people already said I wouldn’t have been able to read it without this bookclub. Even though the numbers have gone down I hope you will all stay here till the end of the serie. I also hope to see you at the reading aloud. Don’t be shy if you have time come we won’t hurt you. We have a lot of fun.

See you for volume 3

3 Likes

O-only some small emotion…?

3 Likes

yep. I already knew what was going to happen so…

3 Likes