Re Zero Volume 2 Week 3

Thanks for the help makes much more sense.

That what the rolls were. I forgot about those. I was wondering if she was rolling on the ground. I was thinking that it was not beatrice-like.

2 Likes

Dude, I feel so betrayed.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve always felt in volume 1 even when I wasn’t :laughing:

Life is so unstable, so I’m trying to always save up on reading ahead. So sorry :eyes:

2 Likes

Haha nah, that parts good. :+1: Keep on keeping on.

sorry, kind of spoilery for beyond this week's part.

Seriously. Maybe.

What I meant was, how is the end of the chapter a better place to stop? I was feeling all nice and safe, and then halfway through that last part I had this really bad feeling that I knew exactly what was going on.

I trusted you~ :cry:

3 Likes

God I’m sorry I thought of something else completely :joy: (maybe that’s proof how I’m always feeling left behind so I self inserted?)

Otherwise,

Spoilers

I’m from the camp that says cliffhangers, THEN, having to wait, is the best part of experiencing these stories. So, also sorry about this, but I still feel it’s for the greater good :joy:

Also, I’m kinda interested in what someone who hasn’t watched the anime feel about this going in. I can’t think objectively about what I’m reading, since I know where this is headed. But loved reading that you were feeling nice and safe :laughing:

Feel free if you ever want to share more about how you’re finding it. Hopefully, the story becomes much more interesting in this volume as well and it’s from this part onward that I’ve wanted to read in Japanese.

3 Likes

Oh! 善意の第三者! I have just learned that expression a few days ago.

By the way (currently reading part 10) is that the first time we witness a scene without Subaru? It feels kinda weird.

4 Likes

That’s a good vocab item-thing.

There was the short scene in the first book when Felt ran for help and brought Reinhart with her back to the storehouse.

3 Likes

And if you want to count it, the conversation between Emilia, Reinhart and Felt after Subaru almost died and was just lying there.

3 Likes

Oh, true on both counts!

I did, and boy that sucked. (Spoilers for technically tomorrow)

I feel really bad for him, actually. Why did he go back so many days, though? Last time, it was only back to the beginning of the day… I would also understand going all the way back to the fruit seller, but that would be annoying indeed. Also, I guess that’s the ぐう that happened after seeing 101 Pucks.

4 Likes
Moar spoilers

That was me too. What the frick just happened? I understand that Roswaal was acting all ominous and stuff, but at the same time, he just said “nah, we can just leave them alone”. Maybe something completely unrelated just happened? I don’t know, the clown makeup makes him too suspicious, it feels like a red herring. At the same time, maybe the book is that cliche?

A confusion is me, what. But also why. No.

Edit: I’m supposed to be reading something else now and I just can’t focus.

4 Likes

@Naphthalene

Summary

Or it’s intentionally cliche so you think it’s a red herring and that is the red herring! Or maybe the author wants you to think it’s a red herring of a red herring, and that’s the red herring!
Like a certain scene from The Princess Bride! :laughing:

5 Likes

裏の裏の裏の裏の裏の裏をかく

5 Likes
Summary

:joy: :joy: :joy:

The first arc was a bit more clear because there was a definite trigger as Subaru said. So it’s nice to see this kind of development unfolding in his head. I guess we’ll see where this is going.

I’m sorry about being the cause that everyone is reading till this point XD But I guess that’s also how the author intended it, what’s with it being the end of a chapter and all :stuck_out_tongue: (In ReZero in particular I always do that, can’t at all stop before a chapter’s ending)

3 Likes

No, you’re right, but also. :cry:

I really wanna know what’s going on~ Why’re we starting on a Monday again. :joy:

3 Likes
More spoilers for end of chapter

And on that point, the chapter’s name was a hint all along: 約束した朝は遠く
Nice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you insist :rofl:

Next week is up

5 Likes

Somehow I managed to read over 100 pages over thursday+weekend, and added about 150 words to my Anki SRS. RIP my review load.

I was kinda worried if ロズワール and ベアトリス would speak weird and be hard to understand, but so far they are great entertainment :smiley:.

I was gonna ask a few questions, but instead of bothering to type them I just thought I’d read some more :rofl:. Of what I can remember, use of this much めいた is pretty new to me. Also, when Subaru is taught about the times of day, is 刻 read as とき here? 風の刻 etc.

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re in the zone! :smiley:
Maybe do a certain, sane amount of review cards a day, such as say 10-30 as opposed to 150 all at once?

I love Roswaal and Betty! They’re awesome characters.

I… Don’t remember if there was furigana anywhere, or if I’ve just been reading it as こく for no particular reason I can think of. (Other than it being the first reading I learned for that kanji, that is. And possibly the archaic/otherworldly flair.)

They both fit though, so if there’s not furi it’s a free world word.

3 Likes

Usually I refer to the anime for the reading when I’m in doubt. It’s how I remembered 盗品蔵 as とうひんぐら. In this particular case, I watched the anime too long ago to remember. But if you remember which exact scene it was, I can check.

Edit: In Break Time ep 2 Felt pronounces them as こく

2 Likes

Yeah, I really feel like the intensity is doing wonders to my ability to read for a prolonged time.

Those 150 cards were spread out over 4 days, so in the end it’s not terrible. My learning steps are quite long, so I won’t really feel it until day 7 :sweat_smile:. Not really knew kanji so hopefully not too difficult to memorize, well see.

I have an Anki deck with all the freq>2 cards which I’m doing alongside, so I kind of like to learn the words I’ve read on the same day. That way I get more context, but have the problem of having to add quite a lot of words if I read a lot :smiley:. I guess that problem goes away over time… In the first volume I had about 300 unknonwn freq>2 words, but those were spread out much more evenly, as it I read it over almost four weeks.

2 Likes