Re Zero book club home thread

I noticed something rather interesting based on the stuff amazon recommended to me earlier:

So… I remember someone mentioning that a new volume was released while we were reading vol 1, and… as it turns out, a new volume and a new short story collection book are going to be released later this month(at least if amazon is to be believed), just after we’ll have started the second volume, so like… I guess it turns out we’re reading this slower than the author is writing it? :sweat_smile:

Well, at least we can keep going for quite a while :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes. Add to that, the author resumed working on the web novel (arc 6) a few days ago with 3 new chapters ever since he paused 8 months ago (to work on the LNs and some extras, and probably/hopefully the anime).

5 Likes

This bookclub will never die :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

I bought a thing.

Also, ugh, ebook. :frowning:

3 Likes

One of us… :grin:

4 Likes

I hope you are reading because…

HERE IT IS

4 Likes

By the way, there are less than 6 weeks left until the next book (assuming a one week break). I feel we should decide quickly-ish what we do next.
Did we agree on which book we will be reading in between?

We are suppose to read Re Zero volume 3 next right?

Oh, so no book alternation with another series?

Well when I made the poll I didn’t see any particular interest to alternate books. Unless everyone change their mind I do not plan to make one. The only slight change I can see is reading Re Zero Side story instead of the main one.

Oh, I forgot that that was the conclusion. I just remember we talked about a bunch of different series.

1 Like

Well I mean if people at some point wants something else we could still do it once. But right now we are Re Zero all the way. I do believe that the first side story is after volume 4 right? If someone can confirm me when is the first side story.

1 Like

EX volume 1 is after volume 6 actually. So it’ll be a long way before we can do these.
EDIT: Oh short stories.

1 Like

The first short story volume was released after volume 5 based on Wikipedia, if that’s the one you meant(and after volume 6 for the EX ones, like mrahal said)

1 Like

BTW. If we are gonna take a pause, I think after volume 3 would be much better as that’s the ending of the second arc.

Also, how many weeks will we take a break after this volume? I need to finish volume 1 too ;-;

1 Like

We are probably gonna vote it. If it’s the same as last time it will be one week.

Wait, there is a difference between EX volume and short story? I thought there was a main story and some OVA or side content. What is the difference between the two of them?

1 Like

I don’t know much about the side stories, but some of those are interspersed with the main series (I think that’s rare though). What I know is that the EX volumes are also very popular and they’re important to read. Not sure about the side stories (and even what format they’re in).

The short stories collections are… well, just as the name implies, books with 3 to 6 short stories related to the series. As far as I’m aware most of them aren’t super important for the main series, possibly with some exceptions. If I recall correctly they’re what one of the OVAs at least partially is based on.

The EX volumes are prequels that focus on some of the side characters.

3 Likes

At the speed you’re reading this one so far, just finish vol 2 a couple weeks early and read vol 1 then. :+1:

Personally I was in favor of switching it up, but as there was no majority that’s not likely to happen. :man_shrugging: I can deal with more ReZero too. Maybe at some point I’ll know more than half the unique words in it too~

2 Likes

I didn’t vote in that poll, since I didn’t have any strong feelings one way or another, but I technically could create a majority.

On the other hand (which is the reason for my lack of voting), I can always read stuff on my own. I tend to use book clubs as a way to get reading recommendations (plus it’s fun to talk with everyone), but I’m satisfied on that front for now :thinking:

I figure we’ll see in a few volumes. Maybe we’ll want to switch things up at the end of the next volume instead.

1 Like