Re Zero book club home thread

I did try it but i’m not sure I got the right thing cause it failed :sob:

If you restore the original poll (i.e. put them back in the main post) I can give you the html you have to write.

By that you mean get them out of the detail section right?

Yes

Like I suspcted the poll have been reset so, thanks for your help but I don’t think the poll will be usefull anymore

2 Likes

Alright, I tried to make a schedule for the next book:

• Until the end of the first chapter (39 pages of text)
  • Until the end of chapter 2 part 5 (38 pages of text)
  • Until the end of chapter 2 part 12 (42 pages of text)
  • Until the end of chapter 3 part 5 (38 pages of text)
  • Until the end of chapter 4 part 3 (40 pages of text)
  • Until the end of chapter 4 (43 pages of text)
  • Until the end of chapter 5 part 7 (38 pages of text)
  • Until the end (34 pages of text)

That’s 8 weeks! Not bad :slight_smile:
… I tried not to look to avoid spoilers, but anyway the images contain a lot of fan service this time :frowning: Sad face.

6 Likes

Gonna say this only once: don’t worry :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The illustrations at the beginning are more like “we’re gonna lure them in with this, then surprise them with awesome plot”.

6 Likes

I was talking about the illustrations in the middle, but yeah, those too.

2 Likes

You already know, but careful, those can spoil a lot. (Still crying in chapter 2 of volume 1)

4 Likes

Most light novels I’ve looked at seem to pick those moments for illustrations for some reason (and that includes some I’ve seen where it’s just a single line or two mentioning the thing, yet there’s still an illustration of that), so having those kinds of pictures isn’t always indicative of what the written story focuses on. For re:zero (comment on the kind of thing you mentioned and how much it happens or doesn’t happen)the only such scene I know will happen that I personally know I won’t like won’t be until volume 4/5-ish sometime, at least based on the anime, though that’s for different reasons than just fanservice too and I don’t remember anything all that bad otherwise, so I don’t think you have to be too worried

4 Likes

Hmm I wonder what it could be :thinking:

4 Likes

Well, presumably sales :woman_shrugging: Still feels a bit weird when illustrations like that don’t really match what the text focuses on though.

2 Likes

Finished chapter 1 :no_mouth:
Seems like I’ll have to put this volume aside to join volume 2, and then read it when I can. Well, if the same doesn’t happen in volume 2.

3 Likes

I see you are doing it before I ask you ha ha. It really well made to be able to have around 40 pages each weeks. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 weeks, we save one week from the last book. Two months sure goes by fast.

4 Likes

Just for fun since I already have the next few books, if we wanted to get one week faster with each book:
we’d need to read 45 pages per week to finish the third book in seven weeks
We’d need to read 52 pages per week to finish the fourth book in six weeks
We’d need to read 55 pages per week to finish the fifth book or 49 pages per week to finish short story collection 1 in five weeks

It’s obviously not very realistic to continue that pattern particularly far though :sweat_smile: (it’d become really difficult when we’d start needing to read the books in negative amounts of weeks :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

You mean you are not ready to read volume 10 in -1week? We will be able to finish the serie before we started it at this rate

7 Likes

Ooh, then we can have started a new series already~

How exciting. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone’s up for [re]watching the first 3 episodes of the anime which cover this first volume? Maybe we can do that at the end of this week, since volume 2 begins right after that, and we can create a thread to discuss it.

• Yes
  • Another time
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I’ll have to see if I can find it. In theory a nice idea!

(this is really only the 3 episodes? :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes