Looking for a study buddy around the same level as you are? Looking for someone approximately at your leveling speed? Look no further, you have found the perfect topic!
Note: There is already this one, but the OP hasn’t been seen in a while and I think it‘s kind of messy. So here is a new one.
Some important notes:
- Please do not change other people‘s information or group membership. It‘s everybody‘s own decision which group they will join, if you think it‘s inappropriate, post something below and tag them.
- Please try not to delete people by accident (who knows, might happen).
- Name your group whatever you like! (I really want to see some crazy names). Join any group you like! The rules below should be seen as guidelines, not strict rules to abide to.
How it works:
If your trust level is “member” or higher:
- The second post will be made into a wiki.
- Study buddies will be organised into groups.
- A group consists of people approximately at the same level and having more or less the same leveling speed. But in principle, you can join any group you like, or found one together with some Wanikani-buddies!
- To add yourself, you can either create a new group by writing
- …or you add yourself to a group by writing your name, level and speed at the appropriate place. (Tip: you can select all names in the list and tap twice, to give all listed items automatically the correct numbers. Apparently it even works if you leave the wrong numbers, it is still shown correctly.)
- When you add yourself to a list: put your name below the lowest person who has the same or higher level than you have (see below for an example).
- You can calculate your speed using this splendid site, but take care to ignore some of the unusual levels that mess up your statistic and were completely out of the ordinary.
- Update regularily and, if you overtake someone, advance yourself in the list!
- No cheating!
If your trust level is below “member”, you will have to post your updates into this thread and tag me. I will then edit you into the list.
- You can, of course add yourself to a group with higher speed or levels if you want to challenge yourself, or lower if you want to take it slower than before.
- You can also change groups when events in your life force you to go slower, or you suddenly have a lot of time on your hands and turn into Speedy Gonzales.
- I‘ll keep the right to moderate, for example if someone trails at the bottom of a list, hasn‘t been seen in ages, hasn‘t advanced at all, and all others are much further, I will remove that person from the group.
Let the race begin!