Print these socks!

A letter from me to Tofugu:

Tofugu, please print these socks that you featured in your newest learning resources article!

Kind regards,
Me.

45 Likes

I need a small knitting project, so maybe I will take them on!

21 Likes

One set please. ^^ Here ya go: :moneybag:

12 Likes

If you do, I wouldn’t mind getting a pattern. I’ve never patterned socks before so I wouldn’t know where to even begin.

3 Likes

oh my goodness please pattern these for the good of the masses

5 Likes

What, nobody wants the fugu pillow?

22 Likes

How do you know it’s not a real fugu?

20 Likes

This entire outfit is a very good look.

5 Likes

The real Fugu is with Salmon, on honeymoon in Tahiti.

7 Likes

It seems that nowadays you can order 3D-printed socks. I don’t know if the quality is good, because I’ve never ordered from this shop, but it’s made of 20% cotton, 78% polyester, and 2% spandex

https://www.socksmith.com/collections/3d-printed-socks/products/womens-3d-te-amo-socks?variant=12624216948847

2 Likes

Needs more spandex.

5 Likes

What are 3D printed socks?

2 Likes

They’re like 4D-printed socks, but one dimension fewer.

21 Likes

I want the shirt. $30.00, final offer.

10 Likes

It’s clearly a joke on Supreme, so it’s a lot more likely to cost you $300.00 and an organ of your choice.

9 Likes

I’ll do $31

9 Likes

$31.00 and a quarter. Second final offer.

8 Likes

We are on! I will knit a test pair starting this weekend. :slight_smile:

you get first dibs

I knit circular fair-isle. I usually just make it up as I go, but I guess that I could do a pattern. I only have one way that I do heels and toes, so I will use that method.

Somewhat embarrassingly, I don’t actually know how to read knitting. So this will be my first time making an actual pattern, except for a color chart once in a while.

7 Likes

Oooh nice! Good luck!

I’ve knit only one, maybe two, pairs of socks in my life so I’m not all that familiar with sock techniques. Fair isle and round knitting I know though.

1 Like

Basically, you knit some ribs for a while KKPP, then you knit around in circles for as long as you want to leg to be, then you stick half of them on a needle while you make a flap on another needle, then you join the flap up and go back to working circles until you get to the toe, then you divide it into two halves and weave them together.
That is maybe a little too concise, but it is enough to remember what to do once I start. :slight_smile:

The good thing is that you don’t have to worry about the pattern on the heel part.

2 Likes