Print these socks!

I know most of those words, but I still have no idea, hahaha. My Japanese is better than my knitting language knowledge

5 Likes

that, and they don’t have my size
no rude comments on my big feet now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hobbit.

Precious…

6 Likes

I’m loving the blush. Please release in a durtle shaped compact and get Koichi to do a full make up tutorial

6 Likes

4 Likes

send progress pics please! I actually don’t usually go by patterns but that’s because I haven’t done very many projects that actually require one. I should also say i’ve never done a pair of socks before, partly because I don’t own a set of needles that are small enough and partly because I’m lazy to look up how to do it, but your explanation made a lot of sense so I’ll have to try it out one of these days. And why not start with a pair of Wanikani socks

1 Like

com

2 Likes

Today I am going to raid my yarn bins to find a blue-green, a yellow-green, a burnt-orange, and a peachy-red.

If I don’t find my ideal colors, I will make my beta sock in another palette, then find some yarns at the store for my finished socks. I will start my beta sock this evening.

beta sock boot

Also, on the bottom of the soles will be the ancient inscrutable mysterious characters わにかに. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What are these moon runes?

(Though, if you really want some challenging work, try 鰐蟹. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I would need to use really tiny needles for that. Way too time consuming!

from the Necronomicon

2 Likes

how did they go???

1 Like

Fugu dakimakura pillow? :thinking:

3 Likes

That fugu pillow would be hella easy to sew…

… if I was back in the UK and not living the ramblers life in Japan.
If you can wait 9 months I can deliver you a pillow baby.

5 Likes

You make it sound like you’re now pregnant and going to give birth to that pillow.

7 Likes

Don’t broadcast @rumade’s secret all around! They haven’t even told their mother yet! Just imagine her dismay when she finds out that she will have a grand-pillow. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

1 Like

Returning from Japan homeless, jobless, and with a babe in arms; it’s my mother’s dream

7 Likes

with a babe Fugu in arms

There, as it should be.

2 Likes

I think that you misread that …

1 Like

Incidentally, I do have the yarn for the socks. Two shades of green, an orange, and a peachy.

yarn

But this is busy season at work, 50-60 hours each week, plus it is growing season.

I am looking forward to knitting these though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes