Newbie/Idiot question/vent

Level two.
I keep getting super excited that a I remember a mnemonic, only to hit enter before I type the hiragana at the end of the vocabulary. Will I ever learn how to type “ru” at the end of verbs (like “to climb” ‘no bo ru’) and “tsu” at the end of “# things”? They just keep getting downgraded to apprentice over and over again.
I’m mostly on mobile so cheater scripts aren’t really an option, and I’d rather not have to cheat on the computer, either… Should I?

5 Likes

Still gets me when I rush.

Nope. But that’s just my opinion, man.

Welcome btw :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

If you’re on Android, at least one of the apps has an override button.

2 Likes

Yeah the iPhone app has an “oops I didn’t mean that” button that you can turn on in the settings. You’ll soon get the hang of it, just wait til you start giving the onyomi readings for vocab words, that’ll piss you off no end

4 Likes

Or kun-kun readings for Jukugo. :wink:

2 Likes

On iphone check out the app Tsurukame, it will make your WK life beautiful. And yes, it is an option for stupid mistakes.

2 Likes

Perhaps as you progress in your studies and are doing more grammar and reading, you’ll look at all of the WK vocab as whole words, rather than just a reading that needs to be entered. Right now I would feel weird forgetting the る on a verb because it seems wrong or incomplete.

3 Likes

I’ll second the recommendation for Tsurukame. It’s a great app and has the option to mark a response as correct. I actually only use this on mobile and not the website script since I’m more likely do do typos on my phone.

3 Likes

Gonna go ahead and throw in a third recommendation for the app. Has an option to ignore your answer, automatically shows you the info when you get something wrong, has a button to add the answer you just gave (if wrong) as a synonym, and will then mark the answer you just gave as correct, which is something I really with the real site did too. Also has some really nice pie charts of the SRS level of each type of item in your current level. Nothing not to love about it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.